Auto-make target invite for Argus rares

Is there something I can do when I run into one of the rares on Argus to make a group for me while I tank?

Yes, get the addon World Quest Tracker. As soon as you mouseover a rare it will give you the option to make/join a group, even if said rare is not a current WQ.

I have that addon, and what you are saying doesn't happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    I have that addon, and what you are saying doesn't happen to me.
    that's weird, do you have the latest version? if yes see options > group finder and enable Auto Open on Target a Rare.

Oh, thanks for that tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    that's weird, do you have the latest version? if yes see options > group finder and enable Auto Open on Target a Rare.
    Speaking of your group finder addon, I've been meaning to ask if you could disable it on work order world quests. Having it pop up almost every time I enter Dalaran on certain characters is a bit annoying.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Speaking of your group finder addon, I've been meaning to ask if you could disable it on work order world quests. Having it pop up almost every time I enter Dalaran on certain characters is a bit annoying.
    yeah, just post here or on the details! topic the quest id. it's in parênteses after the quest title.

You don't need an addon. Here is a simple macro I just wrote for you. Put this macro on your bar somewhere. Target the mob you wish to queue up for and then click the button.

/run C_LFGList.CreateListing(16,GetUnitName("target"),1,0,"","",true)

This will create a custom group using the name of the mob. The number 16 puts your group into the custom section. (the number 419 is used for quests if anyone cares but that's a little more involved to script)
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-01-21 at 04:44 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You don't need an addon. Here is a simple macro I just wrote for you. Put this macro on your bar somewhere. Target the mob you wish to queue up for and then click the button.

/run C_LFGList.CreateListing(16,GetUnitName(target),1,0,"","",true)

This will create a custom group using the name of the mob. The number 16 puts your group into the custom section. (the number 419 is used for quests if anyone cares but that's a little more involved to script)

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, it isn't working for me. Not sure why... No errors, just nothing. Made a macro, copied and pasted your script exactly. nothing...

-FelixFTW

The macro was working last time i tried it. Maybe something changed in the patch or its getting blocked by another addon or something.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The macro was working last time i tried it. Maybe something changed in the patch or its getting blocked by another addon or something.
    I turned off every addon and ran the macro again. Here's the output.

Message: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:977: Usage: UnitName("unit")
    Time: 01/16/18 18:14:42
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:977: Usage: UnitName("unit")
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `UnitName'
    Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:977: in function `GetUnitName'
    [string "C_LFGList.CreateListing(16,GetUnitName(targ..."]:1: in main chunk
    [C]: in function `RunScript'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2069: in function `?'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4547: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4215: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4251: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals:

Target needs to be in parenthesis

/run C_LFGList.CreateListing(16,UnitName("target"),1,0,"","",true)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet