Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Shaw. Notice the musical cue, his change in stance and gait (slight change in eye colour for a moment). Genn questioning why he is back so soon. The entire plot is that someone is setting the horde up vs the alliance. Shaw is the device (once again), in my eyes.

If the cinematic has a clue on alliance side towards a lie being told, that would be it. No one ever claimed that the boy king would tell lies of his own creation. Remember, a king often relies on his subjects. And that can be exploited. Hence, why he might serve at the master's table?

Start the video from 0:40 and try to not pay heed to Anduin, but Genn and Shaw.

After you do quest in Silithus, the SI:7 there basically tells you that Anduin should never find out that Azerithe is the blood of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Just a thought: What if Anduin isn't the Boy-King in question?

What if it's Gallywix?

Yes, I'll grant that he's not a child by Goblin standards nor crown royalty, but he's shown to be immature and fancies himself to be of higher standing than he really is, going so far as to carve a mountain in his image and put a "Pleasure Palace" on top. Plus, "boyhood" is relative when the speaker is easily tens of thousands of years old.
    He's literally sitting at the master's (Sylvanas') table. He assured her the Alliance didn't know about Azerite (with his ominous laugh almost assuredly placing doubt on that), and this is ignoring whatever else he may have whispered in her ear or told her behind the curtain.
    This is what I was thinking as well. The "lie" was probably whispered to Sylvanas.

The only issue is that calling him a boy-king is REALLY stretching it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    ive been asking/hunting around for the same thing. I cant find it in the parts where they talk. I think its during the part where his speech is muffled perhaps? When genn and shaw are talking?

Also who is the "she" leading sheep off a cliff. Jaina? Sylvannas? Who are the crows?

So many questions!
    I think the shepard is either Azshara or Alleria. Azshara because her followers were depicted as completely devoted and awestruck, and the "crashing upon the rocks" or whatever reminds me of them sinking into the bottom of the ocean and becoming naga.

Alleria because there was direct refrence to falling off a cliff in the audio drama.

Sylvanas doesn't really fit cuz the Horde and even the Forsaken are doubting her, and I can't see Jaina "laughing" at their deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am a Horde player but I do feel that Shaw guy is shade, his eyes color and the strange sound affect when he first showed up to Genn...yeah things are fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Also, I'm not super expert on alliance characters, but is Shaw's eye color a hint? That green of his eyes speaks of the Fel that's been the theme for the entire Legion expansion. I don't know if it's relevant, but my gut tells me it's something.
    pretty sure his eyes are regularly green

Wow! Did you see Shaw. I want a mustache like this on my toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    "Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.

Lich King. Bolvar.
    The first lie was that he was dead. That Arthas died and there is no lich king. But we know he was just replaced by Bolvar.
    And that he is not bound by that Throne. That he is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    In the absence of that, which throne is being referred to?
    Antorus, the burning Throne
    Throne of Tides
    Throne of Thunder
    Throne of the Four Winds
    The Throne of Elements
    The Frozen Throne

And that doesn't even count things like the throne of stormwind, or any other capital city like Ironforge. There might be other "thrones" that I'm not aware of. I don't have a perfect memory of wow lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    pretty sure his eyes are regularly green
    Then what was that pause and weird sound effect right around 0:45?

Yes. They are gonna pull the exact same thing with Shaw that they did in Legion.

Come on guys. Blizzard has some bad writing, but not this bad.

The "He is not bound to a throne" line probably refers to Sargeras still corrupting Azeroth with his sword, afterall, he is sitting on his throne again.

The sound effect sounds like the "Stealth" soundeffect.

Deleted
    My guess is that Audiun doesn't truly beileve no one is above the Allaince?

That or his actually a bastard and Varians not his dad.

"Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.

Hmm, the are a few things this could perhaps refer to, but I am not entirly sure.

-The first which perhaps a to obvious, would be the Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire, which literaly have an eye on it! It could be it, since we are geting lose of our artifact weapons, it might have during this time told N'zoth everything of what is going on! Although I am not sure about the rest.

-The second as some have already said, could be Shalamayne? It doesn't really have an eye, but it does have a shiny light just above it's hilt. And it is related to Anduin, the light, the void. Not sure about the throne though.

-The thirde which I do not think but perhaps could be it! Is the actully Mathias Shaw, or SI:7 to be more specefic! Taken from wowpedia:
    The Stormwind Assassins view themselves as a hand grasped around a knife, forming the organization into five branches.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/SI:7
    It describes how the organization is built up through that of a hand, "The thumb makes up the leaders, while the second finger gathers information! Etc Etc" And while it all grasp a knife, a blade. The blade that is always watching you all, thats what the SI:7 agents do! It could make sense, also with the of Mathias Shaw enters and that ominous sound effect is played? Something is not entirly right, and perhaps the SI:7 might be the bad guys? Would be a interesting and a nice contrast to see that the Alliance arn't all good guys... for once!

The problem with this is that it's from the RPG books which is considered non-canon, thats why I can not consider this as a valid theory. Also that Mathias needs a motive, which I got no idea of as for now what it could be. Beside the extremly bluntly "OLD GOD MADNASS CORRUPTION!", which I think it's not it and hope thats not. Then again, he doesn't have that much of bakground, so perhaps he got some deep hatred for the Horde or something? So might be time for Blizzard to flesh him out a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the lie is in the book, who know? maybe is something before this cinematic

Deleted

What if it's Gallywix?

Yes, I'll grant that he's not a child by Goblin standards nor crown royalty, but he's shown to be immature and fancies himself to be of higher standing than he really is, going so far as to carve a mountain in his image and put a "Pleasure Palace" on top. Plus, "boyhood" is relative when the speaker is easily tens of thousands of years old.
    He's literally sitting at the master's (Sylvanas') table. He assured her the Alliance didn't know about Azerite (with his ominous laugh almost assuredly placing doubt on that), and this is ignoring whatever else he may have whispered in her ear or told her behind the curtain.
    He's been on my "probably corrupted" list since his new model with "Azerite" staff got datamined. He's exposed to the potential corruption of Azerite MUCH.

Or the lie comes from Anduin (or someone disguising as him) and Varian was not his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I am a Horde player but I do feel that Shaw guy is shade, his eyes color and the strange sound affect when he first showed up to Genn...yeah things are fishy.
    I don't think that Horde players have a right to call Alliance characters fishy when their faction leader just gave that ominous "this changes everything" line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    I don't think that Horde players have a right to call Alliance characters fishy when their faction leader just gave that ominous "this changes everything" line.
    Well I didn't deny that either my friend I even created an entire topic about that you can check it up before telling me that I don't have the right and stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wat if Mathias Shaw is still a dreadlord?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Ogmot write like Zandali is his native tongue?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    This is what I was thinking as well. The "lie" was probably whispered to Sylvanas.

The only issue is that calling him a boy-king is REALLY stretching it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the shepard is either Azshara or Alleria. Azshara because her followers were depicted as completely devoted and awestruck, and the "crashing upon the rocks" or whatever reminds me of them sinking into the bottom of the ocean and becoming naga.

Alleria because there was direct refrence to falling off a cliff in the audio drama.

Sylvanas doesn't really fit cuz the Horde and even the Forsaken are doubting her, and I can't see Jaina "laughing" at their deaths.
    Oh yea forgot about those two. I wonder if this would be the end of the Naga if it is azshara. Is there some reference to crows in game besides the raven of the guardian and that rogue thing?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted

What if it's Gallywix?

In the german translation it says Der Kindkönig dient an der Tafel des Meisters. Drei Lügen wird er Euch offenbaren, indicating a male master.

Look, let's not be stupid for once. Anduin is 100% the Boy-King, referred to as such by multiple characters at multiple times. If someone could make a comprehensive list of all his dialog and quest text since the Nightmare Raid, you'd probably find a fair share of potential candidates depending on how you define a "lie".

I personally believe Anduin isn't the sort to knowingly lie. I also don't think Xe'ra was a liar either, but what she had faith in and believed was bullshit. The visions she herself showed to others turned out to be nothing bit unwitting lies in the end.

I believe Anduin has said something he presently feels is true. Whether it be about his loyalties, responsibilities, his reasons, or future course of action. Something we wouldn't catch without knowing the future. Something Anduin believes is necessary right now could turn out to be a mistake, the exact wrong move. Something that ends up serving the "master" more than the Alliance.

There wasn't one because you people take the words of creatures that have perfected the art of turning allies against each other and sowing distrust seriously.