Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sure, and Ra-den, and any other unsoloable bosses.

But even if those bosses are fixed, it still takes forever to get through ancient raiding content now, and that isn't fun. That's why the old raid health change should be reverted straight-up.

@johnnyd2: That's blizzard CS, not @Warcraftdevs. They usually have no clue what they're talking about.
    you didnt knwo by now ? any form of fun besides raiding is not allowed in game

just be obedient peon and raid raid raid till you bard like devs want you to.

I tried soloing throne of thunder 25 man heroic today. I couldnt kill the last boss Ra-den. And I wiped some times on the others, and they took much longer time to kill. Hope they revert the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    This does feel like a direct attack against the more casual content players, and lets not make a stigma out of there, i've know people who to hardcore end raiding and pvp who also like to do casual solo content as a form a relaxing.

However I am glad to see people feeling unified in how pissed off this has made them. A lot of pissed off people on the official wow forums.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Translation: wait 6/8/? months then you can do what you had fun doing yesterday. But you wont want to because there'll actually be new content.
    I think that is their design philosophy now and going to the future they want the power of players to grow in a more linear way so that this doesn't happen again, but who knows. My guess is that this is working exactly like they planned but will anyhow revert back cause of the backlash.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something something we'll do better about communicating patch notes.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Something something we'll do better about communicating patch notes.
    Why is your avatar so perfectly appropriate for what you said.
    #boycottchina

People were having fun soloing old raids, Blizzard hates fun.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

What is the reasoning behind buffing Old raids? They don't really have anything to do with lvling so why were their health buffed aswell? Just to force grouping even at outdated content?
    Quit whining. You guys all said that to me months ago, and said that here and on the WoW forums. Blizzards team are inempt lazy trash who get paid for content that is never there. We should have 3 games worth of content every year. That means 3 expansions all in one year. instead we got half assed content that is ultra low grade, and never unique.

I 2 manned Mythic HFC to see what the fuss was about frost mage/BM hunter both 960 ilvl with 2pc/4pc

Council, the mark does too much damage 10m~ over the fight on the mage died to it. this may have been a problem if I was solo, but my self healing as BM is much better. stack the mobs cleave, tunnel Gurtogg when you get Fel Rage to use the damage increase.
    Killrogg 3 hulking terrors spawned at the begginning it's only supposed to be one this is a bug, these give corruption on attacks and 40 corruption 10 yard range when they die so if you're near all 3 when they die you will get MC'd, this happened to the mage and I had to kill them and solo it was fine to solo.
    Gorefiend: (hard to 2 man sucks you in and resets instantly, had the mage kill themself before it started) was easy for me to solo focus on adds until Feast of souls lust and burn ignore adds during Feast of Souls. a side note the little adds don't do that much damage when they reach you so if you have a prydaz shield or something you can let a few hit you rather than killing them.
    Socrethar: Voracious Soulstalker spawned in p2 when it normally only spawns in P1, boss died easily before a 2nd p1.

overall honestly it wasn't too bad I could probably solo most of it aside from Hellfire Assault which I couldn't solo before the change either. The hardest part is having the self healing on Tyrant (2.1 absorb and you take 15% of your hp every 2 seconds until you heal through it) and Archimonde I think I would have been fine solo on Arch though, the mage did die to the first crystal that came out. I haven't tried any other raids yet though.

If you have trouble soloing the raid where you want mog gear bring a buddy that is on a different tier token/armor set and knock it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I just did and uploaded a video to show it's perfectly doable without any real dps requirement.
    let me just stop you there you asinine twat, the way you are talking down to people in your 'video' is appalling, first and foremost, secondly, your so called 'proof that it's bullshit' is a joke and let me tell you why:

YOU DID IT AS A TANK, if you can't see why this makes everything you said null and void then i can't help you, but for others benefit i will state the reason why:

boss mechanics target specific player roles differently, and as a tank you don't have to deal with ANY of the 'reset' mechanics this boss has, i was only able to kill it as a mage before the ability was cast because i am vastly over geared compared to the average player, and i only managed it with a couple of seconds to spare, so my dmg output of ~141 million damage in ~55 seconds means you have to average ~2.5 million DPS in order to solo this boss as a non tank, so there's that, furthermore, the first boss if you can't get him to submerge fast enough, he will one shot you with the tank debuff and there's no avoiding that, so i would love for you to explain how that's 'fake news' because i went and did this place after the reset to see what was going on and found that everything was pretty much a clusterfuck for me to deal with, and as i said, i am one of the best geared players around for my class, so come back when you have some kind of perspective because i found your video to be very rude and a waste of time and space with the way you were acting in such a condescending manner, 'herp derp i can do it so you can too', give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I just did and uploaded a video to show it's perfectly doable without any real dps requirement.
    You do realise that Sha does not cast corrupted prison nor banishment on tank specced players? And that classes without tank spec have to kill him before he casts either of those spells, since he then evades and despawns? And that it takes about 1.7M dps for mythic 25 to kill him before he casts his first banishment at about 60s?

Deleted
    For the record, it took until MoP to solo Lich King 25H and Yogg-0 25, on very specific specs.
    While Blizzard will inevitably nerf the content back to irrelevancy in no time since people have now grown acostumed to being able to run basically any old raid on any trash alt/class/spec without any effort whatsoever, the current state of things is how things *should have been in the first place*. Mythic Archimonde should have never been soloable during Nighthold
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2018-01-18 at 12:25 AM.

I've been killing those bosses for years on all of my alts. I could do it two days ago. Surely you can understand why people are upset when they can't do that any more after a patch.

Soloing old raids for transmog gear and cosmetics like mounts is a major part of the game for many of us. That is now gone.

And yeah, it'll be fixed in the next expansion. But that's 8+ months away. What do people that enjoy such things do for the next 8 months? Well, I guess they want us to un-sub? It feels that way.

They need to revert this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure a Blue will chime in soon saying:

"....how this is an experiment and we are tuning numbers and want to make old stuff relevant bla bla bla bla bla.....sorry we didn't communicate ........bla bla bla bla but we worked hard for this content so you should spend more time and find friends to help you bla bla bla bla"

7+ Year Old Account
    Its good to see the entire population of WoW calling the Devs idiots when they were told by countless people by PTR feedback and still able to cock it up GG Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Maybe try actually doing the raid instead of pretending to be some 'herdcur raidur'? You're full of shite.
    just did mythic highmaul solo, bosses do the same amount of damage, just have a lot more health (PS: Butcher still impossible to kill, but you can just skip him, like you always could)
    SoO is impossible because you can't blow up sha of pride before he transports you to that phase thing (Banishment is the ability he casts), tried with my DK doing almost 4m DPS on burst and still couldnt get past him.
    other raids are still easy tho, only stuff that transports you to other instace like the Sha are a problem I guess, but I dont recall anything like that.
    you still 2-3 shot Cata raids, and probably still 1 shot wrath ones (havent tested because I have all 1% wrath mounts, but I just did 25m H Dragon Soul and its still cake)

Edit:
    Let's all be honest here, all they gotta do to fix everything at this point is remove Banishment from Sha of Pride and everything will be chill again
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-01-18 at 01:20 AM.

Also Ra-den, and probably other bosses are problematic also.

But really-- no, that wouldn't fix it, because it would still take forever for my less-geared alts to go through a transmog run, and that isn't fun.

Blue response: "As many players have noticed, changes to how creature health is determined in Patch 7.3.5 had a meaningful impact on some older raid content. This has been particularly noticeable in Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria raids. We’ve been discussing this topic constantly since the first threads popped up after the patch.

We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs, but a side effect of the creature health tuning we did for leveling players. We’re currently working on a fix that will significantly reduce the health of Warlords and Mists raid bosses.

Thank you for all of your feedback and discussion on this issue. We’re sorry for the frustration, and we’re working to have you all back in there beating down those old raid bosses as soon as possible (hopefully before the weekend)."

So there we go. It was a stupid change and hopefully they put it back the way it was. I don't go and do old raids but I have plenty of friends who do and it was a silly change to stop them from doing what they've been doing for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it turns out that it was something that was unintentional and they'll fix it ASAP. So we can move on to other things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So it turns out that it was something that was unintentional and they'll fix it ASAP. So we can move on to other things.
    Yup, pretty much. Time to move those pitchforks and torches to other issues.