Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    And Blizz awarded them with an updated version of their mount. What is the problem? Are people really crying over someone else having ONE more mount than them because of a 12 year old achievment? Get a life.
    Oh man, you really got me there! I just need to get a life!

Go posture somewhere else. I've made my point, and I'm not going to try to justify it to an egomaniac like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    I have an... another example what I had in mind. A Ghastly Gibus from Team Fortress II. It has multiple levels, and upgrades automatically each year.

Don't you think that is a good example?
    never played team fortress I or II so I dont know the Gastly Gibus. But I liked the idea of Time spent mounts or time specific mounts. There was someone who mentioned bringing AQ back for a brief time to try for the mount at current levels. I have not done TimeWalking but could that be a possible solution? TimWalking is for old stuff at current levels right? Do they do that for Raids?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Oh man, you really got me there! I just need to get a life!

Go posture somewhere else. I've made my point, and I'm not going to try to justify it to an egomaniac like you.
    I wish I could earn the title Egomaniac in game. Apparently it would suit my characters lol. But if only I had it others would complain they couldn't have it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wonder if Chris realizes he's still in a thread about a subject he supposedly doesn't care about telling other people to get a life and brush up on their priorities, apparently seething by the tone of his posts.
    Oh, he well and good realises it. He's just yet another soapbox preacher that gets good feelings when he shits on people who have legitimate gripes with a hobby they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    never played team fortress I or II so I dont know the Gastly Gibus. But I liked the idea of Time spent mounts or time specific mounts. There was someone who mentioned bringing AQ back for a brief time to try for the mount at current levels. I have not done TimeWalking but could that be a possible solution? TimWalking is for old stuff at current levels right? Do they do that for Raids?
    Yeah, timewalking Black Temple, and with 7.3.5, Ulduar, exists.

But Timewalking raids are about normal mode in terms of difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, he well and good realises it. He's just yet another soapbox preacher that gets good feelings when he shits on people who have legitimate gripes with a hobby they enjoy.
    Man, I thought I was "upset" when I first made my comments here, but in the meantime, people who claim not to care at all have been screeching quite wildly about how much they don't care and how much others shouldn't care, or that they should get a life.

Are you fucking daft? We aren't talking about the original tank. We are talking about the updated one which is only given to owners of the original one, despite the fact that they put in no additional effort to earn it.
    It is a reskinned reward for those who did the content 12 years ago..... You didnt do it 12 years ago so you need not apply. So what if it is a new skin of an old model, it is still for those WHO COMPLETED the achievement, through whatever means they did it. Be it the Raid running Raid at the time, getting carried in Raid at the time or cheesing it in WotLK. You STILL did not do it you STILL do not have the achievement so you STILL have no claim to it......

it is for those WHO DID......

It is a reskinned reward for those who did the content 12 years ago..... You didnt do it 12 years ago so you need not apply. So what if it is a new skin of an old model, it is still for those WHO COMPLETED the achievement, through whatever means they did it. Be it the Raid running Raid at the time, getting carried in Raid at the time or cheesing it in WotLK. You STILL did not do it you STILL do not have the achievement so you STILL have no claim to it......

it is for those WHO DID......
    It's a new model altogether. It's actually more like saying that you had to have earned the Time-Lost Proto-Drake to get, say, a Firehawk.

Difference only being that the new Silithid and old Silithid are the same species, minus redesigns and a story in lore that the new model is an evolved/adapted form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so upset about this? How dare Blizzard spend a few minutes tweaking the colors on a model they've already updated and then not allow people a reward from something prestigious that they never earned!

Why is it even a problem to you? You don't have to have it. You don't have to be envious. Just be happy for the people who have it, just something cool for them to enjoy. Blizzard doesn't have to give every single new thing they design and make it available to the current audience, they can do whatever they want. I'm quite happy with this, and it'll greatly please me if they ignore the wailing and leave it as-is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, I thought I was "upset" when I first made my comments here, but in the meantime, people who claim not to care at all have been screeching quite wildly about how much they don't care and how much others shouldn't care, or that they should get a life.
    I fully Agree with you there nothing but "OMG U SALTY CRYBABY REEEE" this video sums my entire feelings on these people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Why are people so upset about this? How dare Blizzard spend a few minutes tweaking the colors on a model they've already updated and then not allow people a reward from something prestigious that they never earned!

Why is it even a problem to you? You don't have to have it. You don't have to be envious. Just be happy for the people who have it, just something cool for them to enjoy. Blizzard doesn't have to give every single new thing they design and make it available to the current audience, they can do whatever they want. I'm quite happy with this, and it'll greatly please me if they ignore the wailing and leave it as-is.
    agree x1000

Then.. they didn't actually earn it.

And maybe you're right about that, but Blizzard, nor any other player, can pretend there's any prestige in Scarab Lords if they also are okay with the WoTLK Scarab Lords. You can't hold double standards like that and expect people not to call it out.
    Did they cheese it and kill the boss? if the answer is yes then they DID earn it. A win is a win is a win no matter the means it is a win.

If I hire 20 goons to kill a baddie and get me a trophy and they bring it to me and place it in my hands..... I win. It matters not that I did not do it myself it matters that I have it. Is it cheap ABSOLUTELY, is it mine DEFINITELY, do others have it NOPE, are they mad that I cheesed my way to it YES....... but in the end it is MINE.

Though I do agree with those that say those who did it in Wrath never really Earned it, but they do have the Achievement and that means they have the new mount. We all can bitch about it but we are never going to change it. HELL I tried my ass off for it, but didnt get it and I could care less that those who do have a reskin

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and yes, I am upset. If you want that strange personal victory. Whatever you wanna call it, whining, salt, being upset.
    To be fair, for full disclosure, I'm definitely biased, because I've already had a lot of gripe with SLs, and THAT was a salt on my wound. A lot of them are bad, and even a spoon of shit turns a barrel of mead into a barrel of shit. And that isn't a barrel of mead to begin with, it's a barrel of shit to begin with.

I wouldn't even care if, as an example, Blizzard suddenly awarded the owners of Black Proto-Drake with something updated or new.

Here's that. I'd be funny to look how those "U JELLY" people will try to use that it devalues my point, but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post

And I disagree with it and think it ought to be available to current players in some way, shape or form, even if more exclusive than the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

The Scarab Lords still have their original unique mount and title. This is a new model made with money from currently subscribed players. A likely great amount of which never had a chance to get it because they weren't around when the original was obtainable.

Do you own the Corrupted Ashbringer hidden artifact skin?

- - - Updated - - -

Did they cheese it and kill the boss? if the answer is yes then they DID earn it. A win is a win is a win no matter the means it is a win.

If I hire 20 goons to kill a baddie and get me a trophy and they bring it to me and place it in my hands..... I win. It matters not that I did not do it myself it matters that I have it. Is it cheap ABSOLUTELY, is it mine DEFINITELY, do others have it NOPE, are they mad that I cheesed my way to it YES....... but in the end it is MINE.

Though I do agree with those that say those who did it in Wrath never really Earned it, but they do have the Achievement and that means they have the new mount. We all can bitch about it but we are never going to change it. HELL I tried my ass off for it, but didnt get it and I could care less that those who do have a reskin
    All fine and dandy, but if you're gonna let people who cheesed it keep it, then there's no prestige in it. If there's no prestige in it, then there's also no reason to respect the nonexistent prestige and give them another exclusive mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    To be fair, for full disclosure, I'm definitely biased, because I've already had a lot of gripe with SLs, and THAT was a salt on my wound.

I wouldn't even care if, as an example, Blizzard suddenly awarded the owners of Black Proto-Drake with something updated or new.

Here's that. I'd be funny to look how those "U JELLY" people will try to use that it devalues my point, but it doesn't.
    "u jelly", "u salty" are easy snarls to throw at people, and often the first and last resort for people. Too bad it isn't an actual argument!

It's a new model altogether. It's actually more like saying that you had to have earned the Time-Lost Proto-Drake to get, say, a Firehawk.

Difference only being that the new Silithid and old Silithid are the same species, minus redesigns and a story in lore that the new model is an evolved/adapted form.
    I dont argue that it is a new model, but the endgame is still that it is ONLY for those who have the Scarab Lord title....... We may not like it since it is a new skin/model but it is still for Scarab Lords.... if you are not a Scarab Lord well............

And the Proto-drake to Firehawk was a bit of a stretch since they are two different species. At least the Scarab is still a Scarab.

I dont argue that it is a new model, but the endgame is still that it is ONLY for those who have the Scarab Lord title....... We may not like it since it is a new skin/model but it is still for Scarab Lords.... if you are not a Scarab Lord well............

And the Proto-drake to Firehawk was a bit of a stretch since they are two different species. At least the Scarab is still a Scarab.
    My point was, that like Proto-drakes and Firehawks are a new model but the same skeleton, so are the Black Qiraji Battle Tanks.

Also, that's the entire point. The Scarab Lords can keep their original mount and title. I think the new one ought to be obtainable ingame currently.

Again, I've said nothing on the method, just that it should be obtainable ingame for current players. So I'm not saying it should be easy, or hard, or nearly impossible. I've made no such judgments. It being obtainable currently wouldn't necessarily mean "sent to your mailbox upon logging in.". In the end, I don't care if it would be easy to obtain, or so hard that it boils the blood, so long as every currently playing person at least gets a shot at it, like Classic players all got a shot at the original one.

7+ Year Old Account
    My point was, that like Proto-drakes and Firehawks are a new model but the same skeleton, so are the Black Qiraji Battle Tanks.

Also, that's the entire point. The Scarab Lords can keep their original mount and title. I think the new one ought to be obtainable ingame currently.

Again, I've said nothing on the method, just that it should be obtainable ingame for current players. So I'm not saying it should be easy, or hard, or nearly impossible. I've made no such judgments. It being obtainable currently wouldn't necessarily mean "sent to your mailbox upon logging in.". In the end, I don't care if it would be easy to obtain, or so hard that it boils the blood, so long as every currently playing person at least gets a shot at it, like Classic players all got a shot at the original one.
    I dont think anybody ever said in this thread or the other to be just given the mount just a chance to earn it in current contend a shame people cant read properly

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I dont think anybody ever said in this thread or the other to be just given the mount just a chance to earn it in current contend.
    Yep. At the very least, I can confirm that that has always been my standpoint.

I also made it clear several times that I don't want Blizzard to touch the original mount and title. Despite my view on Scarab Lords, I think those that exist ought to keep their original mount and title.

This is solely about the new model, and that I think it should be obtainable (or rather, EARN-able) in game for people that play and are subscribed to WoW now.

All fine and dandy, but if you're gonna let people who cheesed it keep it, then there's no prestige in it. If there's no prestige in it, then there's also no reason to respect the nonexistent prestige and give them another exclusive mount.
    Personally I care not about prestige, it is an achievement that I did not earn so the mount is for something that does not apply for me.

The Scarab Lords still have their original unique mount and title. This is a new model made with money from currently subscribed players. A likely great amount of which never had a chance to get it because they weren't around when the original was obtainable.
    True, and some of the people who are subscribed are the ones with the Scarab Lord title. And I mean lets be realistic, the time to dollars cost for a what few days worth of creation in the end will equate to that same .00002% who are subs......

And that same likely number of subscribers are still those that didnt get the achievement me being one of them and I could care less about it. Though I would still like it for my Hunter. We can say it is a new model all we want but in the end it is still a model designed or reskinned for those who have the title....

Personally I care not about prestige, it is an achievement that I did not earn so the mount is for something that does not apply for me.

True, and some of the people who are subscribed are the ones with the Scarab Lord title. And I mean lets be realistic, the time to dollars cost for a what few days worth of creation in the end will equate to that same .00002% who are subs......

And that same likely number of subscribers are still those that didnt get the achievement me being one of them and I could care less about it. Though I would still like it for my Hunter. We can say it is a new model all we want but in the end it is still a model designed or reskinned for those who have the title....
    Hmh, so say they add a new Battle for Azeroth horse mount, because they've got a new model.

But they make it available only to the 0.002% of players that still own the original retired Palomino mount from before epic mounts were added..

Would you say that's okay, too? Or would you say "Nah, people should be able to earn it by doing stuff in the game today."

Ion is a scarab lord. /thread