Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What made you fall in love with World of Warcraft?

Good Morning all Question of the Day.

What made you fall in love with World of Warcraft in the first place?

What's your World of Warcraft Story

For me I think this Cinematic Trailer is what did it for me, I was NOT a Vanilla Sub, I cam in right around or just before BC, which means BC, I was a Warcraft 3 player, but I wasn't really into it, an old clan mate begged me to come along as they were starting a new guild and needed more members to help.

I was still Playing a game called Freelancer, and honestly kind of getting burned out on a few other games, nothing like an MMO, I also had zero Interest in Everquest or Games like it, Although I did love rocking Diablo.

Anyways, it was this Cinematic that got my attention, I loved it, watched it like several times in amazement, wasn't sure at first what I wanted to be but the Mage caught my eye. I was not disappointed WoW was a great game regardless to the change thats happened over time WoTLK was my favorite expansion and DeathKnight/Shaman are my favorites.

As to anything else, Gnome/Human was my favorite used to tank as a Gnome before I stopped.

And of COURSE!

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The RTS games.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The RTS games.
    This right here.

First real 3D mmo I played, provided some escapism from an otherwise pretty bad life.

Initially it was the mystery. The open unexplored areas, the things I only heard vague re-tellings of (blackwing lair while I was still grinding 60 as a late start for instance). Things like Razorgore or Golemagg that you knew of only by name and vague impression not from personal experience or videos on the internet or game guides. Never knowing what was around that next bend in the road or behind that pile of crates in a dungeon. Not having any idea what the overarching metaplot was but getting enough hints here and there that you knew it was happening and was much bigger than you.

Deleted
    I had never played a game so big before, which such diversity in zones. I remember GTA and the like, but it didn't feel like a breathing world to me. That, and with all the people populating it being real people, it seemed like so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Initially it was the mystery. The open unexplored areas, the things I only heard vague re-tellings of (blackwing lair while I was still grinding 60 as a late start for instance). Things like Razorgore or Golemagg that you knew of only by name and vague impression not from personal experience or videos on the internet or game guides. Never knowing what was around that next bend in the road or behind that pile of crates in a dungeon. Not having any idea what the overarching metaplot was but getting enough hints here and there that you knew it was happening and was much bigger than you.
    Agree a lot with you here. I actually believe that guides and kill videos are what started to take away some mystique. It's kind of dumb of me to say, because I could just you know, ignore those things. For me, however, I feel like everyone has to be on the same playing field to make it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The RTS games.
    This.

I'm still waiting for Blizzard to release a version of WC3 using the SC3/HOTS engine. I'll probably be waiting a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Hahaha yeah, I remember those days, after 10 it felt like forever to level my first time, seemed like a long road to commit to one race, one class, etc, but I did learn, it also was before getting mounts before level 40, the slow ones, LOL and Flying was 5000g
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Fishing.

Cheers

Barrens Chat, so good.

My sister got me into WoW. I first started at the beginning of Burning Crusade. I was a draenei shaman and made it not too far into Bloodmyst before I was like "This game is rather shit", and stopped playing for a few months. Came back in summer 2008 and played a tauren hunter and was having fun. Stopped because of money. Found out my sister started playing again (after stopping not long after TBC came out, like with me) in March 2009. Came back and played for 2 years straight before hating what happened with Cataclysm. Been playing off and on since the Firelands patch in 2-4 month increments since then, usually coming back during the final patch of an expansion and the release of a new one.

The tauren and draenei have been my favorite races. I want to like the worgen, but what Blizzard did to them by following the rage from the forum posters because "fucking furries will start infesting the game!!!!11eleventyone!" makes it hard to.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    attending last days in US beta and then full EU beta was a nice appetizer of course. running around and try this and that and whatnot

I saw a player flying on the back of a Gryphon in what I now know is Goldshire on my brother's screen. I rushed to my comp, started a trial account and purchased the game within 20 minutes, and started falling in love with the world of the game.

A love that's still going as strong as ever 9 years down the line.

Well mine is kinda a sad story, I have always been a gamer I was the first girl that got a NES in my apartment complex and it was awesome! I kept up with video games as I got older and then when WoW came out that whole stereotype turned me off to WoW and I was busy with my friends all the time (staying up till 3am) and it was glorious. Then when I was 23 some really really bad things happened to me(I almost died twice in a 3 month span) and I went from party girl that was never home to I never left my house cause i was scared for my life. I lost a bunch of my friends cause I stopped going out so I turned to videogames more heavily and so I gave WoW a try and got hooked. I bought WoW on the day Michael Jackson died lol and have been hooked ever since!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    Well mine is kinda a sad story, I have always been a gamer I was the first girl that got a NES in my apartment complex and it was awesome! I kept up with video games as I got older and then when WoW came out that whole stereotype turned me off to WoW and I was busy with my friends all the time (staying up till 3am) and it was glorious. Then when I was 23 some really really bad things happened to me(I almost died twice in a 3 month span) and I went from party girl that was never home to I never left my house cause i was scared for my life. I lost a bunch of my friends cause I stopped going out so I turned to videogames more heavily and so I gave WoW a try and got hooked. I bought WoW on the day Michael Jackson died lol and have been hooked ever since!
    Aww, that’s probably the best reason I’ve ever heard to play. Are you still going strong, what’s your favorite class and race and are you looking forward to the expansion and a reroll?
    Last edited by Iggy Iguana; 2018-01-18 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Iguana View Post
    Aww that’s probably the best reason I’ve ever heard to play. Are you still going strong, what’s your favorite class and race and are you looking forward to the expansion and a reroll?
    Anything that can heal, right now my main is a resto shammy (draenei) but im looking forward to void elves cause of their pretty hair, maybe ill race change my mage to a void elf

Escape from reality.

The story from Warcraft 3 and not having enough time to play Everquest anymore.

The races and environments, I first started mid-Wrath and the feeling of the world itself just amazed my young self.