10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Fix to MoP and WoD Raid Scaling Set to Come "as soon as possible"

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...0926709#post-1

"As many players have noticed, changes to how creature health is determined in Patch 7.3.5 had a meaningful impact on some older raid content. This has been particularly noticeable in Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria raids. We’ve been discussing this topic constantly since the first threads popped up after the patch.

We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs, but a side effect of the creature health tuning we did for leveling players. We’re currently working on a fix that will significantly reduce the health of Warlords and Mists raid bosses.

Thank you for all of your feedback and discussion on this issue. We’re sorry for the frustration, and we’re working to have you all back in there beating down those old raid bosses as soon as possible (hopefully before the weekend)."
    It seems that the changes to some of the raid scaling (specifically MoP and WoD) were, indeed, a mistake, and a fix is set to come "hopefully before the weekend".

Post your thoughts! Did you think that the challenge was a welcome change? Or are you excited for the raids to return to the way that they previously were?
    Last edited by Gonder; 2018-01-18 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Post your thoughts!
    "It is known".......

What's there to discuss?

Blizzard said it was unintential and they are reverting the change that came with the patch.

Good for them to revert it.
    Plenty of players were pissed at that.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    "It is known".......

What's there to discuss?

Blizzard said it was unintential and they are reverting the change that came with the patch.

Good for them to revert it.
    Plenty of players were pissed at that.
    A fair point. I do find it rather interesting, however - the very concept of older raids being somewhat "difficult". I remember back in WotLK when you still needed a sizeable group of people to clear out many older raids. A bit of a blast to the past, I suppose you could say; in the wrong sort of way, though.

Of course, I'm happy they're fixing this. Why would I want to spend more time clearing something for the same rewards as before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, funny though it was obviously intentional but they wanted to see reactions first.

I'm all for scaling content but it should be optional, I can't believe Rift a shitty ass MMO still holds the monopoly on the best scaling tech in the fucking genre.

Situations like this seem to mean one of two things to me:

They didn't have anybody even test old raids

or

They didn't care until enough people complained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    it was obviously intentional
    ??

Huh....

We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...h-735-scaling/
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long