Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Leveling DPS -Gone!

Oh where art thou ..

DPS, more DPS! My kingdom for more DPS!

Look, I like the direction of the leveling experience in solo game play -questing. BUT inside dungeons (LFG) nooooo please fix it by adding a LFG damage buff .. Like 20% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Oh where art thou ..

Look, I like the direction of the leveling experience in solo game play -questing. BUT inside dungeons (LFG) nooooo please fix it by adding a LFG damage buff .. Like 20% or more.
    No. Dungeons now feel like dungeons...

Dude... I fucking saw the mechanics of Dark Shaman Koranthal in RFC for the first time in my LIFE!!! I didn't even know he HAD mechanics! The dungeons are interesting and fun now, they do not need a damage buff, get use to old content actually being content once again.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    We did. When it was actually relevant. It's not anymore and it needs to stay that way.
    What high level players think "Old" content is, Is new content for low level players. If you actully get to see boss mechanics and dungeons don't die in 2 hits then this is a good change.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

We did. When it was actually relevant. It's not anymore and it needs to stay that way.
    It's relevant when you're the appropriate level for the content? New players shouldn't get robbed of the experience just because we did it years ago.

Piss easy content and not having to learn your class is what has bred such a bad player base. Leveling should be teaching you to play your class so you're ready to take the next step once you reach cap.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have minded the change to dungeons and the fact that you actually have to spend time doing the mechanics, if they hadn't massively increased the amount of XP you need to level.. it's just not a reasonable amount of time to level 1-100 anymore!

I swear if some people could level on a training dummy they would. No sense of challenge or adventure.

The reason leveling became so boring is precisely because it became so easy. Doesn’t matter what class you are most things died in one shot. And neve a chance to use those skills that looked interesting and the reason you picked the class.

What you fail to realize is, is there are not that many new players and if it's such a problem then group them together. Don't make the leveling experience worse than it already was.
    Any evidence for this?
    Or is this just convenient to your argument?

Which never made a difference even before heirlooms were added. It also doesn't help that you can't properly learn your class until 110 anyway and even then it gets altered by your Legendaries.
    Learning a class isn't supposed to be something you do at level one. Things get added along the journey that you also need to learn. Legendaries are a lot like talents, and that's something you need to learn when you reach 110.

This is a great change. We won't get to see the benefits for years probably but it'll eventually lead to players being more potty trained once they reach endgame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post

Dude... I fucking saw the mechanics of Dark Shaman Koranthal in RFC for the first time in my LIFE!!! I didn't even know he HAD mechanics! The dungeons are interesting and fun now, they do not need a damage buff, get use to old content actually being content once again.
    LOL!

I Agree 100%, dungeons feel like dungeons, First boss in RFC (The dog?) I didn't even know it had mechanics and it was messing up the tank! It was. AMAZING.

took me 3-4hours to get to level 20, was absolutely awesome. I actually feel accomplished just to get to level 20 than I have done getting to 110 xD

Deleted
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
    You brought it up in the first place as an argument for your case. Don't spin it the other way round, just because you have no basis for using it in the first place.

on topic though, you have your opinion about it, fine, but it also tells us all that is wrong with the playerbase at the moment. Wanting their gear in the mailbox instead of working for it, wanting to be max level in a matter of minutes if not instantly, without even knowing anything about the class and therefore being a burden to everyone they encounter in the game, etc. etc.

For the vast majority this leveling change is great and long-term will be fantastic for the game and the playerbase might just be trained more than ever before into learning a class and eventually mastering it (within each one's skill limit, which is totally fine).
    There will always be those who are against such changes, like you, and that's totally fine as well, everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that also implies that you and those who are disagreeing with these changes also allow others to have their opinions. Instead you are bashing everyone in this thread who disagrees with you or brings actual arguments for the change (improving the skill of ppl, being able to understand a new class instead of just one-shotting everything and then being totally at a loss when reaching max-lvl)

Deleted
    If you are leveling through it then its relevant. Its not relevant on your max level toon but its gonna one shot everything anyway.

your argument is invalid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosu View Post
    I wouldn't have minded the change to dungeons and the fact that you actually have to spend time doing the mechanics, if they hadn't massively increased the amount of XP you need to level.. it's just not a reasonable amount of time to level 1-100 anymore!
    They've increased it by 60%. They reduced the XP in previous Expansions by a MASSIVE amount (previously in WoD, MoP, WOTLK etc, Cata after people reached max for couple months), pretty much babying your way through content, every level you gain now actually feels like you've earnt it, instead of going to the toilet while your pet AFK'd and gained you levels.

Lower the dps more, enhance the mechanics - and boost questing XP by 1000%. Then, just maybe then, it will be interesting again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post

This. Hell, they still need a buff I think. Well geared groups still rip through lowbie instances in minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
    You made the claim, the onus is on you.
    Speciation Is Gradual

What you fail to realize is, is there are not that many new players and if it's such a problem then group them together. Don't make the leveling experience worse than it already was.
    but how will they sell more of char boosts otherwise then by making leveling utter complete pile of shit.

game is atm unun and unplayable in low levels - shame what greed of devs wanting to sell char boosts done to dmg game

You're banking on this possibly being beneficial years from now? Wow. I've always known the average MMO-C user to be an insufferable dullard but this goes beyond that.
    Well the influx of new players isn't that large I'd imagine so it's going to take some time to accumulate enough of them for this to be noticeable. Although a lot of newer players might start to level some alts so it could provide beneficial even a few months from now but that's impossible to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    This is a great change. We won't get to see the benefits for years probably but it'll eventually lead to players being more potty trained once they reach endgame.
    or what is much more likely you will end up with people buying boosts straight from day 1 (yay win for activision) or quiting game by level 10 due to how slow and boring this shit it.

The developers are not solely to blame. Look how quickly people jumped on my post to mindlessly defend the changes. How much do you want to bet those same people have yet to level a new character since 7.3.5 dropped? I guess it wouldn't matter anyway, those type of people will tell themselves whatever they need to in order to pretend everything Blizzard does is "right".
    Isn't it just the worst when people have differing ideas than you AND the audacity to talk about it? Wake up sheeple, I am right, you all are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Oh where art thou ..

As others have noted, I've actually for the first time since the Azeroth revamp, seen new boss mechanics, finishing up Darkshore for the first time(?). Relevancy of your goals bears no meaning to leveling content. Objectively speaking, if what you seek is to race through leveling content, I'm sorry, but that is in a game design perspective a horrible paradigm. For the first time since the Cataclysm expansion, I'm actually thrilled by the new leveling model, that appeals to the audience, who actually revels in amazing content, instead of this instant gratification model, which seeks to undermine certain aspects of the game - all on the notion "I've done it before".

Thank you Blizzard.
    Last edited by Blackcoffin; 2018-01-18 at 08:39 AM.