Deleted

Affliction Hotfix Nerf/Buff still bugged?

Affliction
    Grim Inquisitor’s Regalia 2-piece set bonus now properly increases the duration of Unstable Affliction by 2 seconds.

Struggling to see what the net result of this is, as UA ticks are fixed.

UA is base 4 ticks fixed before anyone starts the argument of partial ticks, it doesn't work like that. You cast 1 UA it hits the dummy 4 times, you cast 5 UAs they will hit the dummy a total of 20 times, go do it its a fact, no partial ticks, all haste does is reduce the time those 4 ticks happen dynamically ergo why haste procs like whispers were so fucking good!! Right now thats out of the way....

When the 2p procs on 1 UA on the target the result is 6 ticks, tested this morning. The problem arises when you get multiple procs on that same UA. Now it took me a while due to rng and i had to reset recount everytime waiting on this, but on 5 occasions the 2p procced twice during the duration of 1 UA the resultant ticks were only 7, where they should be 8?

Now i did this with 28% haste and then put on as much haste gear as i could and still maintain the bonus so got to 42% and still exactly the same thing the only difference between the two is that the base duration of my UA changes from 6.1s to 5.7s.

So basically what the fuck is going on here under the hood? Is the 2p proc itself separate and obeys the logic of partial ticks, if so i would have expected it to push it to eight by adding 14% static haste to my gear but it doesn't?

What was it doing before this hotfix? adding 1 tick? or 2?

So many questions now arising from this as the 2p is very powerful!
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2018-01-18 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    2p added 2 full ticks instead of 2 seconds. Now it adds 2 seconds which equals 1+ a partial tick. Net nerf was simmed to be 1.2% dps loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    2p added 2 full ticks instead of 2 seconds. Now it adds 2 seconds which equals 1+ a partial tick. Net nerf was simmed to be 1.2% dps loss.
    But then it should obey the logic of haste should add partial ticks so why am i getting 2 extra ticks on the first proc and 1 and a partial on a proc that happens during the same UA resulting in 7? Surely an increase in 14% haste would push that over the threshold?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    But then it should obey the logic of haste should add partial ticks so why am i getting 2 extra ticks on the first proc and 1 and a partial on a proc that happens during the same UA resulting in 7? Surely an increase in 14% haste would push that over the threshold?
    It just works the way i described it. 2sec means that with enough haste and procs it can still give you 2 ticks.

I am not a theory crafter. I just took the information of affliction discord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    It just works the way i described it. 2sec means that with enough haste and procs it can still give you 2 ticks.

I am not a theory crafter. I just took the information of affliction discord.
    Thats not what im getting at, what i mean is if the 2p proc obeys the dot logic of haste increase partial ticks on a double proc the second proc is only giving 1 tick and a partial so 1.x so by increasing my haste that should change to 1.y if that is the case then that is fine. When however i add 14% haste and the double proc remains 1.x then it is bugged as it is not following the partial tick logic. Namely because recount only deals with whole numbers regarding dots i cannot see this.

Now when i have 28% haste i still get 2 ticks from 1 proc but not 2 from the next proc i get 1.x which makes no sense as i am working off static haste, therefore i must have already have z amount of partial ticks in the bank on the first proc to gain 2 full ticks because if i had zero then i should get 2 ticks from both procs as the haste never changes at all, it remains 28%.

Now add 14% static haste to that and it changes nothing, yes i cannot see the partial tick as decimals but for that amount of haste i would expect to see an increase in damage due to adding partial ticks, not exactly the same outcome and within 1% of the same damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so after chatting with Pyre on discord the 2p is working as follows:

2p proc adds (100+haste)/100 ticks per proc, so at 30% haste for example one proc adds 1.3

The reason i was seeing 6 ticks on recount is that i thought only worked in whole numbers, where actually recount just works of instances of damage so that 6th tick is a partial, its just represented as 1 not .3

Credit to Pyre for working that out!!

Also good to know that recount is actually more accurate at tracking these things than i thought before all be it i would prefer them to goto 1 decimal place so it was clearer.

Anyone check to see if Details! is recording it properly?