Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Apparently nitro boosts no longer work in combat? Why?

Shamelessly linking to another poster on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...azestun_arent/

.... Seriously? Like, for reals?
    We dream, we dream.

they already broke gliders in instances, they seem determined to make engineering as useless as all the other professions. I guess it's less work than making the other professions worth bothering with in order to make them equal

Fun detected. Must remove.

Honestly, I don't know why, but it wouldn't surprise me.

"Because Fuck You.
    Signed, Ion Hozzikostas."

You think you want to use Nitro Boosts whenever you want..

This team is clearly filled with bean counters and no fun allowed advocates. All I see now is constant slow downs, massive cooldowns on fun toys, the new leveling "improvements" did nothing but making the tedious task of leveling longer for no reason other than to slow down people.

This is the worst state of any team at Blizzard. Slowing us down for the sake of investors (appeasing them with higher time played metrics) and just to make sure we play at their pace. What a fucking joke this team has become, Unless something drastically changes, I won't be playing BfA. I'm so tired of Ion.

just tried it in combat with a random level 90 mob, backfired shot me into the air, but it still was used.

so is this in instances only?

Because Engineer wasn't shitty enough. At least it doesn't cost you gold to put down blingtron's now I guess.

In wotlk use to be 300% speed and couldn't fail in combat, fucking rip.

All other professions are useless as well, why should engineers be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    All other professions are useless as well, why should engineers be the exception.
    It's definitely one out of the two ways of balancing the in-game's professions, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah I'm sure alchemist/herbalist swimming in gold feel pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    just tried it in combat with a random level 90 mob, backfired shot me into the air, but it still was used.

so is this in instances only?
    Would be strange to get a "cant use in combat" error if you can't use it at all. Could you test again when 2min cd is up?
    We dream, we dream.

Never was a fan of making all my alts engis for the convenience sake but I admit this is an easy way out (instead of making all professions interesting, having some nice little bonuses). Guess I will just not bother with professions on my alts altogether now.

Deleted
    It's much easier to make all professions useless than make all useful in combat while being balanced. Sad to see another little unique thing gone.

If you have potion'd im pretty sure it throws up a 1min CD so maybe its that?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Would be strange to get a "cant use in combat" error if you can't use it at all. Could you test again when 2min cd is up?
    tested in silithus vs level 110 worked perfectly.

tested in silithus vs level 110 worked perfectly.
    Interesting.

Could you test it in a low level dungeon? Like AQ20 or zf or whatever?

Could it really be that OP (on reddit) just had potions on cooldown? If so, thank fuck
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Interesting.

Could you test it in a low level dungeon? Like AQ20 or zf or whatever?

Could it really be that OP (on reddit) just had potions on cooldown? If so, thank fuck
    hearthed to dalaran went inside violet hold didn't start the dungeon aggro'd the beginning mobs again worked perfectly in combat.

edit: hilarious glitch the mobs fell through the stairs.

hearthed to dalaran went inside violet hold didn't start the dungeon aggro'd the beginning mobs again worked perfectly in combat.

Okay.

Just to be safe. Can you aggro some mobs, use a potion, wait 2 min (in combat), then use nitros? To see if your error message is "cant use it in combat". If so, then that answers every possible question.

Either way, i am relieved. I;d rather be wrong than right in this case (although I wasn;t the original poster).
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account

Off Topic but Guildmate was doing Daily H in VH and said half the mobs and any boss near stairs glitched into the stairs and started to evade.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear