5+ Year Old Account

What do i need to bring when going to a pawn shop?

What do i need to bring when going to a pawn shop?

- I.D. (Driver's license or other form of identification).

Is that it?

I have never been to a pawn shop.
    This is my first time going to a pawn shop.

Deleted
    gun and a ski mask

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    gun and a ski mask
    getaway car

10+ Year Old Account
    Situational awareness.

Your current situation is that you are posting on an international forum and few of us know the laws in Sunsong Ranch. You mention your driver's license as ID, and might be American, but that still leaves 50 states for us to guess. GIGO Indeed, @monkfailz
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The thing u want to pawn !

Call them and ask.

Deleted
    Don't let them call a buddy that's an expert on whatever you are selling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I got my buddy expert. We can see what that buddy can bring you on the market... God I hate that show.

Also chumly got arrested LOL.
    That show got worse every season.... But still not as bad as Hardcore Pawn. That family is 100% scum.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will need to bring a rook. You will also have to make sure to walk in a straight line though.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    battletoads

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    You will need to bring a rook. You will also have to make sure to walk in a straight line though.
    Also if you take two steps to be next to them, then they can take you out while mumbling "en passant"

take some lube for when they fuck you in the ass when they buy your stuff.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Which means he's American, they are the only ones that always assume everyone else is American.
    I mean maybe it has something to do with the fact that this is an American forum.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game
    I mean maybe it has something to do with the fact that this isn't just an American forum.
    Fixed that for you.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Arm yourself with information, so that they can't screw you over too easily.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Your ID and knowledge.

In america, you will need your ID.

If Buying:
    - Most pawn shops that aren't super shady you generally dont have to worry about stolen goods or anything
    - Pawn shops tend to employ one of two strategies: sell for bargain to move quickly (think like 80% of actual cost), or price to look expensive (think like 150% of actual cost hoping to get suckers or building in a heavy barter). Usually both are willing to negotiate.
    - The more knowledge of the item you have you can better estimate actual worth. Expect to pay 70%-100% of item value

If Selling:
    - Bring items you own outright, clearly.
    - Know your items worth. Its ACTUAL worth. Which means dont assume its the same as a new out of box thing -- vast majority of things have depreciation and condition matters.
    - Know if you're planning on pawning or selling. Pawn means for $100 item you get $30 and have to pay installments or within X months to get it back (probably paying about $35-40) -- if you fail you forfeit the item. Selling means selling its gone you have no claim on it.
    - Expect to be offered 20-40% of their actual value. Its pretty rare when you get more than half. Negotiate but be reasonable.
    - If selling jewelry/coins/metal to be smelted, they usually have a rate and give you per weight. Can be good to shop around on this especially if in larger quantities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes they will take a thumbprint if you're selling something expensive or dealing in any types of weapons.