Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's substantiated by the Deputy Director of the FBI saying exactly that, under oath. It's on page 5 near the bottom of the memo. Maybe read the memo, before you deny what is or is not inside it?
    Did you miss the part where I said "supporting context/documents"? "Without the Dossier, we wouldn't have gotten a FISC order" could very well mean "Without the Dossier piquing our interest, we wouldn't have known where to look to find the evidence required for a FISC order". Without the actual testimony it's unsubstantiated.

It's substantiated by the Deputy Director of the FBI saying exactly that, under oath. It's on page 5 near the bottom of the memo. Maybe read the memo, before you deny what is or is not inside it?
    So, where's the testimony?

Also, where's your proof that using surveillance on American citizens overseas is "standard?"

Where's your evidence to support the litany of claims you made about FISA? You have yet to provide any of it.

Hell, if we want to go back, you still haven't provided evidence of journalists having Q-level clearances in order to gain access to classified material.

No..No you keep pointing to something that only says that steel Dossier triggered the need for another warrant. Explain to us the illegal part. I believe you know more law than lawyers (though you have not yet shown the link to FISA law) so take a shot at it. Explain to us who lied when and how?
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2018-02-02 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a lie. What I said is in the memo, on page 5: "Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information."

So, no, it's not a lie, and there is sworn testimony that proves it. Without the dossier, none of this ever happens. Mueller is a result of DNC smears.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the memo, if you are confused over the alleged timeline of alleged events.
    Great where's the full transcript of the testimony?

Because without it, it's just baseless accusations, that is contradicted within the very same memo.

Just let it go, you lost 10+ pages ago. Find a new false narrative to latch on to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    That's actually a good point.

The FBI is now going to be all kinds of pissed at the GOP and Trump over this, the FBI just got insulted hard by the group they traditionally worked well with.

The whole waking a sleep giant thing may not play out so well.
    Just be happy for Nunes that he didn't go after the CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said "supporting context/documents"? "Without the Dossier, we wouldn't have gotten a FISC order" could very well mean "Without the Dossier piquing our interest, we wouldn't have known where to look to find the evidence required for a FISC order". Without the actual testimony it's unsubstantiated.
    This is what I keep saying!

That testimony says nothing! It literally says steel dossier "triggered" us.

I have still not seen the whole "illegal" part of it. Hold on, he will yell ya. He clearly knows law! Not just the names but the ins and outs.

I asked him who when and what. Just be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    This is not a lie. What I said is in the memo, on page 5: "Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information."

So, no, it's not a lie, and there is sworn testimony that proves it. Without the dossier, none of this ever happens. Mueller is a result of DNC smears.
    So you are jumping at some pretty ridiculous conclusions based on that one sentence, which seems to be the most hotly debated sentence of the entire memo.

First of all, you are stating that Mueller's special counsel is somehow tied to the FISA warrant against Carter Page. This is not true and you know it.

Secondly, you claim the DNC somehow influenced the content of Steele's dossier, which is completely unsubstantiated. They were paying him to do research on the matter, what he found disturbed him so much he turned it over to the FBI. There is no evidence any member of the DNC influenced the content of what Steele said he found.

Thirdly, you are acting like the entire Russia narrative depends on Carter Page. Not only is this blatantly untrue, the memo itself refutes the notion, as it specifically points out that Popadoupolus was completely separate from Carter Page. Flynn also pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about Russian contacts, which is presumably also separate. When you have at least three separate attempts by Russian operatives to influence members of the Trump campaign, that is at least worthy of an investigation. During the course of that investigation two people have already pleaded guilty.

Fourth, I would like to point out the irony of you and Dacien complaining about "Process Crimes", which is what you called lying to the FBI. This is a literal process crime, because all the memo is claiming is that the creation of the packet for the FISA warrant was inproper. Not that Page was innocent, not that the information wasn't true, not that probable cause didn't exist, not that their was no Russian effort to co-opt members of the Trump campaign, it only alleges that they didn't fill out their paperwork correctly.

Just realizing that "no investigation should be launched based on opposition research from political opponents!" is a really interesting take from the folks who backed using the "Clinton Cash" book and similar to justify looking into She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named.

Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

*Supposedly saying that under oath. The only source for this is a written interpretation by staffers who put together a partisan political document devoid of any actual verfiable facts.

Don't worry, I'll keep reminding you of this fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Great where's the full transcript of the testimony?

Because without it, it's just baseless accusations, that is contradicted within the very same memo.

Just let it go, you lost 10+ pages ago. Find a new false narrative to latch on to.

- - - Updated - - -

Just be happy for Nunes that he didn't go after the CIA.
    OH man, I hope Nunes thinks the CIA is cool with this. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Its an accusation made by the memo. It is no way factual. In fact, now Democrats want the transcript of the testimony released to prove Nunes is lying.

This isn't going to end well for you, once again.
    I'm wondering if this was one of the changes made to the memo after the vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post

Fourth, I would like to point out the irony of you and Dacien complaining about "Process Crimes", which is what you called lying to the FBI. This is a literal process crime, because all the memo is claiming is that the creation of the packet for the FISA warrant was inproper. Not that Page was innocent, not that the information wasn't true, not that probable cause didn't exist, not that their was no Russian effort to co-opt members of the Trump campaign, it only alleges that they didn't fill out their paperwork correctly.

SAD.

I mean did this "illegal" FISA caused Jr. to meet a Russian in Trump tower? Trump Sr. to lie about it? Not a day goes by when something new doesn't pop up about this "administration". Apparently FBI is behind it all!None of it is actually true

So I am going to get my covfefe..

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I half expect the CIA to come out of left field and blindside the entire Trump administration with a full transcript of every conversation any Russian operative has ever had with a member of the Trump Campaign/Administration and blow the whole GOP house of cards out of the water. Use the FBI to take the heat and be the public face, while the CIA focuses on foreign intelligence agencies like they were supposed too. How hilarious would it be if the GOP was discrediting the wrong organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I half expect the CIA to come out of left field and blindside the entire Trump administration with a full transcript of every conversation any Russian operative has ever had with a member of the Trump Campaign/Administration and blow the whole GOP house of cards out of the water. Use the FBI to take the heat and be the public face, while the CIA focuses on foreign intelligence agencies like they were supposed too. How hilarious would it be if the GOP was discrediting the wrong organization.
    Well considering the head of the CIA met with all the heads of Russian intelligence, including some that were banned for entering the U.S.... Ehhhhhh...

Eh.

*Supposedly saying that under oath. The only source for this is a written interpretation by staffers who put together a partisan political document devoid of any actual verfiable facts.

Don't worry, I'll keep reminding you of this fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Democrats on the committee are saying that they cherry picked one line and ignored the rest of his testimony. So that line is in dispute and we'll see what's up when the transcript is released. Based upon the fact Nunes is a partisan hack I doubt there's any credence to that.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/polit...emo/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Can I ask the same of you?

I mean there is actual evidence of wrong doing with the whole Trump debacle, I guess you could still deny it but whatever, not important at this point.

What evidence of what crime would be to far for you?
    I think that after what seemed to go down with the Clinton investigation, it's hard to tell what rules we are playing by anymore. I believe that many institutions in our society are hopelessly corrupt, and therefore my personal preference is the destruction of these institutions. I only care about Trump as long as he is a vehicle by which these ends are carried out.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...lity-question/

Damn, even Red State is throwing some cold water on the memo for factual inaccuracies on the part of Nunes to further a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think that after what seemed to go down with the Clinton investigation, it's hard to tell what rules we are playing by anymore. I believe that many institutions in our society are hopelessly corrupt, and therefore my personal preference is the destruction of these institutions. I only care about Trump as long as he is a vehicle by which these ends are carried out.
    There's one problem, trump has shown himself to be even more corrupt than the institutions you want to bring down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Damn, even Red State is throwing some cold water on the memo for factual inaccuracies on the part of Nunes to further a narrative.
    Redstate is a LIBRUL MSM shill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

When the memo becomes a Mehmo...

The sad reality is that the memo never needed to be accurate. It's already served its purpose - it's continuing to muddy the waters and gaslight to sway public opinion.

Nunes and the GOP "won" with this, they got everything they wanted out of this nothing-mustard in terms of furthering their narratives while there are no repercussions for their lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's one problem, trump has shown himself to be even more corrupt than the institutions you want to bring down.
    Trump is a 70 year old man, institutions are immortal in terms of how long they can 'live'. Even from the point of view of somebody who believes Trump is corrupt, don't you still think this is a good trade?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn