Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The power levels we now face have reached ridiculous levels

I mean we're basically fighting Sargeras, newborn titans, increasingly powerful revived Old Gods and shit fuck knows what else.

It is impossible for us at this point to survive any of these fights without massive external assistance from some uber powerful ally or artifact. We're almost useless. We're just there.

People ask "Why are we going back to H v A focus in Battle for Azeroth?". Because where the fuck do you want to go? Fighting Void Lords or whatever other anime shit Chris Metzen came up with? And do what? Be another semi-spectator as you await the real hero to awaken/be empowered to take out the actual boss that matters?

Fucking hell, since when did Warcraft turn into DBZ? "Why do we fight?" Because it's fucking fun you panda bitch if you want diplomacy go play Civilization.

I agree power levels are ridiculous, but you make it hard to have any discussion with your OP. Chris Metzen retired a few years ago btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay, this was an insightful post.

It is pretty odd, with the power that we supposedly wield, that fighting each other is even an appropriate activity. Like my ele shaman worlds a weapon so powerful nobody can even touch it (except me) and I can roll into arathi basin and throw out chainlightning like candy and people are just lol defensive, take a splash of damage and carry on.

My Prot warrior can take hits from Aggramar (!) and still gets rolled by any old frost mage, and for that matter, can still be pancaked by a dungeon boss if the key is high.

Game wise it’s fine, but the plot as become pretty overblown. It’s good to keep us closer to the ground, I’ll forgive them this intergalactic adventure but I’d like to see more medieval style encounters in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I mean we're basically fighting Sargeras, newborn titans, increasingly powerful revived Old Gods and shit fuck knows what else.

It is impossible for us at this point to survive any of these fights without massive external assistance from some uber powerful ally or artifact. We're almost useless. We're just there.

People ask "Why are we going back to H v A focus in Battle for Azeroth?". Because where the fuck do you want to go? Fighting Void Lords or whatever other anime shit Chris Metzen came up with? And do what? Be another semi-spectator as you await the real hero to awaken/be empowered to take out the actual boss that matters?

Fucking hell, since when did Warcraft turn into DBZ? "Why do we fight?" Because it's fucking fun you panda bitch if you want diplomacy go play Civilization.
    1) Yeah, one can argue that we are only simple adventurers that should fight Hogger and his gang.

2) I always imagine that those endless wipes ppl do on bosses around the globe, is one fallen adventurer each time someone dies. So basically it takes thousands of adventurers to take down one strong enemy. We, the simple footmen, die and make the sacrifice to help the actual heroes/champions that are the lore characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck fuck fuck

that's all i read.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

On the one hand we have people complaining about our having ridiculous power levels, and on the other hand we have people complaining we didn't personally get to fight Sargeras and instead had to fight shadows of Titans.

Blizzard can't win.

Are we really going to start bitching about power levels in a fantasy game?

Might as well bitch about technological advancement in a sci-fi game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    It is pretty odd, with the power that we supposedly wield, that fighting each other is even an appropriate activity. Like my ele shaman worlds a weapon so powerful nobody can even touch it (except me) and I can roll into arathi basin and throw out chainlightning like candy and people are just lol defensive, take a splash of damage and carry on.

My Prot warrior can take hits from Aggramar (!) and still gets rolled by any old frost mage, and for that matter, can still be pancaked by a dungeon boss if the key is high.

Game wise it’s fine, but the plot as become pretty overblown. It’s good to keep us closer to the ground, I’ll forgive them this intergalactic adventure but I’d like to see more medieval style encounters in the future.
    That's what we call the difference between game mechanics and story mechanics.

Now only if Blizzard could mesh them together better while not sacrificing balance! Then they actually might have made a worth a fuck game.

Except at one point, they did. At one point in this game you could easily squash the enemies you out power, before all the scaling tech and the requirement for the game to "feel satisfying" to dopamine addicts.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-12 at 08:03 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I always liked the idea I was just a pleb in a faction.... since WoD the dominant narrative has been you're the big hero.... which for me only works if it's a solo game. In BfA at the start we are our faction (horde/alliance) emissary to the new islands.... I guess there are a few million faction emissaries. I'd rather be just one of many in an MMO. But at least our health has gone from millions to just over 10k.... and our talents won't hit for millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post

PVP =/= Lore
    Aggramar is just an avatar of his former self.

As for the thread. There is a very strong theory, that we, the player, are so powerful because the world-soul Azeroth is imbuing us mighty hero/ines with her Titan magic and might. We are not ordinary adventurers, anymore. It has been acknowledged by a character in game (Illidan) that we even run our spirits back.

I get that.

It's still weird. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Op thought he'd just be killing raptors forever.

We fought an old god in Vanilla I don't think we've gotten obscenely overpowered. Plus we're losing our artifact weapons which I imagine like Thrall means we're taking a significant power dip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

So what. I'm still having fun. Its all just health bars man.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

You alright bud? Did you forget to take your medicine?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I really disliked this whole powercreeping of ennemies, becoming so powerful you always needed outside help or some bs artifact/magic deus ex item. I mean we were already assisted during BC and the Lich King fight for example but it wasn't some ridiculous artifact, it was someone famous from the warcraft lore helping you out.

I'm glad they are returning to a more traditional horde vs alliance thing but now that the game is more than 10 year old, I don't have high hopes of them actually implementing game changing mechanics or content. It will be the same old formula of leveling up= dungeons/heroic/mythic-->raids or unbalanced pvp with some failed attempt at open space pvp for the 5th time.

And of course, old golds will be the main enemy here so the horde vs alliance won't even last long, it will turn out into "lets form a holy alliance blablabla" against a super threat like usual

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    PVP =/= Lore
    Aggramar is just an avatar of his former self.

As for the thread. There is a very strong theory, that we, the player, are so powerful because the world-soul Azeroth is imbuing us mighty hero/ines with her Titan magic and might. We are not ordinary adventurers, anymore. It has been acknowledged by a character in game (Illidan) that we even run our spirits back.
    We are so strong we keep doing fodder duty for some random NPC and random boars and birds and raptors seem to still be a threat even when defeating titans and gods.

Good old MMOs...

7+ Year Old Account
    Never think about Power levels, Ages of Characters, and Population in WoW. Its better for the mind and always leads into meaningless discussions from what I've seen,

Fucking hell, since when did Warcraft turn into DBZ?
    Shits on WoW and DBZ by making a disparaging comparison...

"Why do we fight?" Because it's fucking fun you panda bitch if you want diplomacy go play Civilization.
    ...Then pretty much quotes Goku verbatim.

Are you ignorant to your hypocrisy, or do you willfully choose to ignore it?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    The enemies have to be bigger every expansion to match our strength.

I know it's said a lot by many already but... I do miss just being a small time adventurer, exploring dangerous zones and getting my ass kicked if I pull too many Murlocs.