Mueller Investigation Is Not Subject to Mandatory Furloughs

https://secondnexus.com/news/mueller...c71b876dfcb7a1

One federal official unaffected by a potential government shutdown is Special Counsel Robert Mueller, news which may not be applauded at the White House.

Mueller and all employees working on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign, including possible collusion by members of President Donald Trump’s campaign and administration, qualify as essential personnel under mandatory furlough guidelines. This makes them exempt during government shutdowns, as confirmed in an email by Justice Department spokesman Ian Prior.

President Trump continues to denounce all allegations of collusion with Russia as a “witch hunt.” But uninterrupted by the shutdown, Mueller could finish his work sooner and resolve the issue hanging over the Trump administration for months.
    Sucks for the Orange Blur.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Trump is trying to shut down the government just so he could stop Mueller.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Trump is trying to shut down the government just so he could stop Mueller.
    Agreed....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That is the only thing that makes his behavior make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Nothing he does makes sense, But you are correct. I wonder how much that's going to bite him in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Trump just wants to take Monday off (and perhaps a few days past that).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump just wants to take Monday off (and perhaps a few days past that).
    I mean...it's not like he's ever needed an excuse to do that before >.>

...which really makes it a bad situation worse for Dumbass Deplorable Donnie if the 3rd manifestation of Robert Mueller happens with a new set of indictments/charges was to happen durring all of this shutdown business, right?

Just sayin' ^_^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...which really makes it a bad situation worse for Dumbass Deplorable Donnie if the 3rd manifestation of Robert Mueller happens with a new set of indictments/charges was to happen durring all of this shutdown business, right?

Just sayin' ^_^
    Here's what I think is going through Trump's head. Shut down the government! That will stop Mueller's investigation. The he can just start it up again and everyone will have forgotten everything.

I honestly at this point think Mueller is the only hope for this country. If he can see how deep the rabbit hole goes, and nail all these people (Trump is a minor player in all this, he's a glorified puppet), then the US has hope. Otherwise we are headed for dictatorship within a generation. Maybe less.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-01-21 at 02:24 AM.

Honestly I didn't event think about this.

I just assumed that guys like Mueller a bag of money which gets checked out by the AG but not that they share the same bankaccount as the AG and rest of the government.

But thinking about it. It does sound like something The Donald with his infinite wisdom would think