Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Netherwalk and run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Great bit of advice telling me to run to the middle that really did save me the precious seconds needed to zip to the guy.

Also i wanna say i finally did it and i really want to thank all the great advice i really appreciate it.
    Nice! Can't wait to try myself after farming more shards... I literally failed my way through over 10k shards (over 100 tries every goddamn time in the mirror phase) and never even got to final phase. If by some miracle I get to the last part, I just hope for the sake not breaking my keyboard in a rage, I don't derp it up and beat the enrage at ilevel 930.

No point in rushing through the mirror phase, take your time and use the bubbles to your advantage.

Mage Tower Havoc question?

Iam simply going nuts with this thing and what always gets me is the damn mirror phase i just cant seem to get to the right one in time.

Maybe its my eyesight isnt too good but is there a addon that shows with a skull or something the right add to rush too? Before i get one shotted?
    just uploaded my Xylem kill for ya, check the notes as well. Happy killing!

https://youtu.be/4C5DcwJWGZ4

10+ Year Old Account
    F. M. L. 125 tries and counting although I finally hit the last stage, once, and totally fucked it up going all out and used my artifact ability instead of saving it for the adds, which one escaped and healed up voidwalker. Goddammit those flame glaives better be worth this much headache.

...update finally got it! 140 fucking fails later...sigh, now to try to find an H-Kil'jaeden & rated BGs (wish they were reg. BGs).
    Last edited by Crimsonfiend76; 2018-02-01 at 06:14 PM.

What is the best add strategy at the end?

Chaos Nova > Eye Beam > Blade Dance doesn't seem to be enough for me and I'm close to 930 iLvl. Can't really spec into Master of the Glaive because Unleashed Power is pretty much required. Seems like I need one more stun or Slow :/

Deleted
    I did this before ToS came out with <900 ilvl and it was not that hard at all because the DH toolkit is great for this kind of scenario.

The one really hard part that had me waste like 50 attempts on was the arcane phase like you mentioned. What you need to do is drag him to the middle whenever youre fighting him. That way when he teleports away and summons all the mirror images, you can dash twice to reach him. What I was doing wrong was just fighting him where he stood, then he'd teleport across the entire platform and I would be stuck on the opposite side, unable to reach him before dying, even with double rush and vengeful retreat.

So drag him to the middle every time you interrupt a cast. Halving the distance is how you get out of that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    What is the best add strategy at the end?

Chaos Nova > Eye Beam > Blade Dance doesn't seem to be enough for me and I'm close to 930 iLvl. Can't really spec into Master of the Glaive because Unleashed Power is pretty much required. Seems like I need one more stun or Slow :/
    Save fury of the Illidari for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I just wish the havoc skin wasn't so god ugly.
    Flame blades are ugly?

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Flame blades are ugly?

Wtf?
    They are awful. I despise them with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    They are awful. I despise them with a passion.
    boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Save fury of the Illidari for them.
    This. With 930 ilvl you should destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    This. With 930 ilvl you should destroy them.
    Yeah I was actually 921 and I just didnt have the DPS for that phase, after just destroying it easily as Survival, and Frost (DK). Clearly its a skill issue. Even when I managed to execute the add part correctly I only managed ~800-850K on that part using a Potion Of PP and drums, and ran out of room/time. Maybe a little more gear next time will be enough (got 955 bracers off the Greater Invasion boss after the tower went down and some 910 stuff from Veiled, got up to 931). Got gems to put in, also...

I've got the rest of it down though, lol. I really do feel I'm doing something badly wrong in Single target.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lgun/discordia
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-02-11 at 03:09 AM.

Fel rush middle, fel rush to where he's on minimap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yeah I was actually 921 and I just didnt have the DPS for that phase, after just destroying it easily as Survival, and Frost (DK). Clearly its a skill issue. Even when I managed to execute the add part correctly I only managed ~800-850K on that part using a Potion Of PP and drums, and ran out of room/time. Maybe a little more gear next time will be enough (got 955 bracers off the Greater Invasion boss after the tower went down and some 910 stuff from Veiled, got up to 931). Got gems to put in, also...

I've got the rest of it down though, lol. I really do feel I'm doing something badly wrong in Single target.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lgun/discordia
    I went with the basic CB build in the last phase, but with master of the glaives as I didn't have the DPS to burst the adds during the stun. Killed it pretty easily. Roughly 900 ilvl with 940 torso leg. Kept my artifact for the adds and that's pretty much it. Don't interrupt that big cast he does (the one that spawns the adds), instead go as far away from him as possible. Should be a piece of cake. And of course change your talents just before that phase starts as CB isn't great in the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    I went with the basic CB build in the last phase, but with master of the glaives as I didn't have the DPS to burst the adds during the stun. Killed it pretty easily. Roughly 900 ilvl with 940 torso leg. Kept my artifact for the adds and that's pretty much it. Don't interrupt that big cast he does (the one that spawns the adds), instead go as far away from him as possible. Should be a piece of cake. And of course change your talents just before that phase starts as CB isn't great in the first part.
    Thanks - will def. try this next time.

Do people take Demon Blades? I tried that on the target dummy and got like, 1/2 the DPS. I was just so damn odd not having a Fury builder.

Just chiming back in that I finally managed to kill the bastard, on what was probably the worst executed attempt of the day...except I nailed the mirror phases. Managed to land an imprison before he teleported away each time, which made getting to him relatively easy. I took damage from icicles, didn't have an interrupt up for draw power, got hit with a shadow orb...yet somehow pushed him to P2. I screwed up the timing with meta and nemesis so they weren't up right away. Figured the attempt was a wash because of this, so didn't change talents from a mostly demonic build. The kiting was screwed up since I hadn't managed to push Xylem this far very often. First set of adds was easy. Second set spawned with next to no platform left because of bad kiting at the beginning, so I ignored them and managed to kill the big dude seconds before they reached him and healed him.

Now I'm convinced if you can master the mirror phases, the rest of the fight is (relatively) easy. Keeping him toward the middle of the room in P1 seemed to help as well (less distance to cover when he TPs away).

EDIT: Now juts to kill heroic KJ and I'll be a happy camper! I've got poor luck with PUG raids, so hopefully I can solo (or take a small group to) him at 120.
    Last edited by TranquilDream; 2018-02-17 at 07:57 PM.

I did it a few days ago with 908 ilvl and only prydaz and the fel rush dmg boots as legendaries, first phase demonic build to stay alive and second phase standard CB spec to burst.
    DBM Challenge plugin for DBM is a huge help as it tells you all that is gonna happen during phase 1, it was a huge help to see he would do his mirror phase in 8 seconds so I had time to get rdy in the middle and then fel rush straight to him without having to cover too much distance or go from mirror image to mirror image.

Last phase was a hell in my gear though, I killed the big void thing while I had like 2 inches left to stand in the room, the rest was covered in purple shit and I killed it while taking 3 ticks of dmg from the purple on the floor cause I literally ran out of space to stand, but I got it in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it does show on the mini map but i always seem to hit the wrong one and then get one shotted for my trouble.

I cant believe how unforgiving this phase is though if i can just do it iam sure i can complete this rest of this NP.
    Hit wrong one? You just have to be within the sparkles area to activate him, you don't have to hit anything... I beat it without even knowing about the bubble heal trick. Not really that hard if you can spot the sparkles.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Hit wrong one? You just have to be within the sparkles area to activate him, you don't have to hit anything... I beat it without even knowing about the bubble heal trick. Not really that hard if you can spot the sparkles.
    It was a mistake i honestly thought the right one was one of the mirror images i hardly could see a shimmering one and it was no wonder i kept dying to that phase like i said my eyesight aint great but thanks to the advice here i managed to do it.