Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Who thinks they made a mistake pruning the abilties

such as mage remove curse deep freeze searing pain on lock mana burn on priest and many others
    Last edited by kinna; 2018-01-21 at 07:39 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i think they went to far with the prune ya maybe wod levels were fine but taking more out in legion was a bad move.

Of course it was a mistake. They remove most abilities then make the leveling harder making players realize how shallow the gameplay actually is.

Yes. It's right up there with the worst mistakes to ever befall WoW (others would be flying mounts, CRZ, and Name/Server transfers).

Deleted
    No, not at all.

Decurse made zero sense for mages and I do not miss it. I do miss deep freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they made a mistake.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

they pruned so much to try and make classes feel unique and all they did was make them feel the same lol

Overall, no.

The pruning was well needed and while painful for many classes hasn't actively hurt them.

In specific though, yes.

Things like Hammer of Wrath shouldn't have been pruned, disengage shouldn't have to be talented for survival hunters and lots of silly flavor things like eyes of the beast should have remained.

I kinda miss Priest's Archangel as it was a cool visual - though I wish it was more fun to build and use.
    I kinda miss Priest's Spectral Guise - though I wish it actually dropped combat like Vanish.
    I miss Warrior's old Enranged Regeneration - it felt way more powerful and reliable before.
    I miss the sound of the old Paladin Exorcism - if I could, I'd replace Divine Storm with a Mass Exorcism.
    I miss Hunter's Cheetah Aspect for run backs - but I like not being dazed more.
    I really miss instant Windwalker Healing Spheres - they were a lot more fun than hard-casting a heal. (Which is as melee, like, totally ew, y'know?)
    I really miss green Wrath for Balance Druids. Just kinda wish I could change the sun magic to green so I felt more naturey.
    I super miss Gorefiend's Grasp for DK DPS. My hatred for spread targets is insurmountable. I must cleave.
    I wish I could replace Windwalker's Disable with Spinning Fire Blossom in PvE. I liked racing my blossoms with Serpent Kick and Roll.

There were a few iconic abilities that were removed, namely Hammer of Wrath, Deep Freeze, I can't remember others off the top of my head... but overall I think it was for the best. Blizzard said themselves that they wanted classes to go back to a "blank slate", so that they could build on them in the future. I trust Blizzard's decision to rework classes, because honestly the classes and their abilities were getting out of control in MoP. Everyone could do everything, no one was unique, so there had to be some level of pruning. In Legion, the classes have never felt more unique.

I should also mention that there were a few abilities that were just unhealthy in general, and were removed for good reason. Namely Mana Burn and Healing Sphere.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for DPS abilities. But I do wish they left some utility in. Like Mage Barrier, Rogue smoke screen. That kinda thing.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Please refer to all previous threads on this topic for my opinion, there are literally hundreds to choose from!
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yes. It's right up there with the worst mistakes to ever befall WoW (others would be flying mounts, CRZ, and Name/Server transfers).
    Can we just play our game with "mistakes" without you wannabe vanilla "veterans" ruining it then? You are getting your game back, stop oozing your bile on retail pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they pruned too much, it turned the game into a snorefest.

prunning was one of the biggest fail of wow history, i cant even have fun from any class in the game since they are almost like lol champions with few spells

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I wish I could replace Windwalker's Disable with Spinning Fire Blossom in PvE. I liked racing my blossoms with Serpent Kick and Roll.
    I...never thought of this but it exactly a thing I'd do lmao. I can't be believe I missed out on this opportunity.

OT: Not really. I think the toolkits each class has is pretty damn good as is. The only complaint is how they spread out the skills through leveling. It's very jarring to level without some key abilities namely the artifact weapon skills.

Deleted
    Removing spectral guise from shadow priests was infuriating for me. The fact i am now stuck in combat at random times for a solid minute with nothing attacking me due to things like phasing really enforces my frustration of this.

Overall though im finding some specs actually have a decent amount of keybinds close to wod, problem is because of the class being gutted the gameplay is very shallow even if you pad out your bar with actives from talents and honor. Pvp talents and their implementation caused quite a few baseline abilities or passives to be moved to this stupid mechanic that can only be used in specific situations which often removes them from my bars. I hate this so much. I enjoy pvp (the concept not the garbage in legion) but i do not only pvp and i want my class to have all the abilities i can use in ALL content not just pvp, another prime example is void erruption this should not even be a talent, it should be baseline and is very important to spriest yet its locked behind an honor talent.

And spectral guise is not even in the pvp talents...

"Yet Another Thread" .. but in spite of that.

The real issue is that yes, there were A TON of abilities in the game.
    But there was more to our mastery over our class than our DPS rotation.
    It was how well we used the wide range of other abilities we had.

Tank had to go AFK for a moment in a dungeon, and someone facepulled.
    I was able to prevent a wipe with some quick use of my abilities.
    And while, big deal, who cares about a wipe in a dungeon?
    One of the other people in the group IM'd me.
    "You've been playing a long time, haven't you?"
    "Yes," I said, "Why do you ask?"
    "Because only someone who's been around for a long time, knows how to do what you did."

That's the real loss in ability pruning, right there.
    There was more to us than our DPS.
    I complimented a Hunter who joined our guild, when he made clever use of his traps and Misdirect.
    It meant he didn't just know how to DPS well, he knew how to use every tool he had well.

We've lost a lot of that.

No, and the amount of threads about "There are too much buttons to keybind" popping constantly is a confirmation.