Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Classic - what is going to happen with T3 transmogs?

One of my main concerns about Battle for Azeroth is: after getting Tier 3 armor on your WoW Classic character, will it become account-wide transmog for main game characters? Same goes for other unobtainable transmogs and mounts from Vanilla.

Personally I hope this is never going to happen, it would massively cause people to play Classic just to get the unobtainable transmogs and perhaps ruin the Classic experience for everyone else.
    Also I wouldn't want to see some random bads running around in one these marvelous looking sets. BMAH is a good gold sink, I myself deleted around 4 milion gold from the flow because of it. However Blizzard tends to cater crybaby bads and casuals, so I think it is defently possible.

What are your opinions and predictions on what is going to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    T3 isn't even prestigious anymore with BMAH. Lots of "bads" have the sets. But no I don't predict unlocking it in vanilla will unlock it in retail. They just gave an update to the black qiraji tank for like .000001% of the playerbase that has that mount so pretty sure they still want stuff to be prestigious or what little it retains at least in regards to T3
    Last edited by Dug; 2018-01-17 at 01:57 PM.

Nothing you get on Classic should transfer to Live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    T3 isn't even prestigious anymore with BMAH. Lots of "bads" have the sets
    It is prestigious still (not as much as pre-MOP, if you are a person who got it back in Vanilla you might feel that way), but if they decide to bring it back to the game in form of WoW Classic (if so, then same will happen with mounts like Zulian Tiger or Razzashi Raptor) then basically it will become really common, and it would be slap in the face for people who already spent milions on it.

Why would you wear those ugly sets?

There is no need for connection between Classic and retail, however things like Atiesh, T3 and old weapon/armor/mount models should be brought back to retail once Classic launches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    There is no need for connection between Classic and retail, however things like Atiesh, T3 and old weapon/armor/mount models should be brought back to retail once Classic launches.
    That would automatically make them less prestigious and less demanding, potentially making you less interested in those after time. If you want to get T3 then get good and learn how to BMAH. Ateish/old transmogs should stay as they are, and people who got it back in Vanilla should be the only ones having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Why would you wear those ugly sets?
    Couldnt agree more

5+ Year Old Account
    Imo nothing from Classic should be available in retail, and viceversa.

Crossover such as that proposed will only force retail completionists (or those wanting a different look) into playing a game they don't enjoy, and quite possibly don't understand. This would simply bring the wrong type of community into classic.

Not to mention it would also generate QoL demands galore a thousand fold, from people who otherwise don't participate in forums, and never used to care about classic in the first place. Until there was a benefit for their retail mains.

I'm not a fan of any crossover. Play Vanilla because you want to, otherwise play BFA.

Do people really think these two games will be connected in any way other than maybe battle.net integration?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    T3 isn't even prestigious anymore with BMAH. Lots of "bads" have the sets. But no I don't predict unlocking it in vanilla will unlock it in retail. They just gave an update to the black qiraji tank for like .000001% of the playerbase that has that mount so pretty sure they still want stuff to be prestigious or what little it retains at least in regards to T3
    Lots of bads had the set in vanilla aswell. Just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything should happen with T3 transmogs in Classic. They should be treated as two separate games on the same IP. My expectation is that this is exactly what will happen with the occasional anniversary-like side trips for special achievements.

But doing something in Classic as a general rule shouldn't grant any regular gear transmogs in the current game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Heh, you think classic sets till transfer over to retail? Damn you're not very bright, haha.

5+ Year Old Account
    "I'm just gonna jump over real quick to classic-server and do a quick Naxx40 clear and get full T3 for Xmog on my REAL character on Bfa" - Actual [Current-expac-pleb] Quote.

LOL.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

5+ Year Old Account
    Actually it should since retail people can't obtain them any longer. That way Classic servers will be enjoyable by both retail and vanilla players into achieving their goals.

It won't transfer to live, and there won't be tmog in classic, because elitists would screech REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and cause a ruckus.

Deleted
    You think classic will have transmog...?

Quote Originally Posted by abbyleex View Post
    One of my main concerns about Battle for Azeroth is: after getting Tier 3 armor on your WoW Classic character, will it become account-wide transmog for main game characters? Same goes for other unobtainable transmogs and mounts from Vanilla.

Personally I hope this is never going to happen, it would massively cause people to play Classic just to get the unobtainable transmogs and perhaps ruin the Classic experience for everyone else.
    Also I wouldn't want to see some random bads running around in one these marvelous looking sets. BMAH is a good gold sink, I myself deleted around 4 milion gold from the flow because of it. However Blizzard tends to cater crybaby bads and casuals, so I think it is defently possible.

What are your opinions and predictions on what is going to happen?
    If you join a raiding guild and spend up to 2 years progressing through the content just to get the T3 transmog I would say that you're insane but that you've earned it. It's not like you can ninja all the set pieces and then quit, all guilds have some sort of loot distribution system so you'll have to wait your turn.

Same with mounts really. It's not like people pass on those, if they drop you roll.

Vanilla did not have transmog and neither should classic.
    Your two accounts should not be connected in any way or shape.