Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yes they would, do you follow news at all?
    No, they wouldn't. A treaty is nothing more but an agreement to do or not do something that can be ignored at will just like the US does. What prevents mass production of it isn't a treaty, it's the consequences of mass producing.
    And please enlighten me how no one is following the refugee treaty? Hungary? They still took in refugee even after they complained about them. Gulf states? They never signed the treaty.
    Japan and South Korea aren't.

As European countries struggle to cope with over a million migrants who have escaped the ongoing violence in the Middle East, a relatively small number of Syrians have sought protection in South Korea.

But only a few have been officially recognized as refugees. Most receive so-called humanitarian visas that allow them to live in the country without financial support, housing or health care.

Government figures show that since 1994, 1,144 Syrians have requested asylum in South Korea, but refugee status has been granted to only three.

--

Some observers accuse South Korea of not fulfilling its commitment as a signatory of the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, a treaty that defines who is a refugee and what responsibilities a host nation has in providing for that individual.

"Clearly Seoul is reluctant to undertake those obligations except for in the most clear-cut cases," said Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division.

Robertson said South Korea's humanitarian visas are an "artificial category" that "gives less rights" to asylum seekers, noting that Japan, too, has come under similar criticism in regard to its refugee policy.

https://www.voanews.com/a/south-kore...y/3451163.html
    Last edited by Daneman; 2018-01-22 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    No, they wouldn't. A treaty is nothing more but an agreement to do or not do something that can be ignored at will just like the US does. What prevents mass production of it isn't a treaty, it's the consequences of mass producing.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-ia...osed-1.3365814 You are so clueless about this. Maybe you should educate yourself abit more.

Japan and South Korea aren't.

As European countries struggle to cope with over a million migrants who have escaped the ongoing violence in the Middle East, a relatively small number of Syrians have sought protection in South Korea.

But only a few have been officially recognized as refugees. Most receive so-called humanitarian visas that allow them to live in the country without financial support, housing or health care.

Government figures show that since 1994, 1,144 Syrians have requested asylum in South Korea, but refugee status has been granted to only three.

--

Some observers accuse South Korea of not fulfilling its commitment as a signatory of the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, a treaty that defines who is a refugee and what responsibilities a host nation has in providing for that individual.

"Clearly Seoul is reluctant to undertake those obligations except for in the most clear-cut cases," said Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division.

Robertson said South Korea's humanitarian visas are an "artificial category" that "gives less rights" to asylum seekers, noting that Japan, too, has come under similar criticism in regard to its refugee policy.

https://www.voanews.com/a/south-kore...y/3451163.html
    But they are still processing them. Same thing every single European country is doing. EU countries are also refusing to take some of the refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-ia...osed-1.3365814 You are so clueless about this. Maybe you should educate yourself abit more.
    A treaty is not some magical binding spell that forces you to refrain from it. The threat of consequences is what stops people, not the treaty in and of itself.

But they are still processing them. Same thing every single European country is doing. EU countries are also refusing to take some of the refugees.
    Moving the goal posts, are we? Your claim was that Germany had no choice but to take the millions and I said they had a choice. They can reject them just like Japan and South Korea.

A treaty is not some magical binding spell that forces you to refrain from it. The threat of consequences is what stops people, not the treaty in and of itself.
    Yeah the consequences of breaking the treaty. Stop acting like an idiot. You are twisting words because you are stuck up to your own opinion and dont want to be wrong. The treaty matters because the countries who signed it would put out pressure to the other countries for breaking it.
    Moving the goal posts, are we? Your claim was that Germany had no choice but to take the millions and I said they had a choice. They can reject them just like Japan and South Korea.
    I dont think you understand how the refugee system works. Just because Germany took in couple million refugee doesn't mean they have given those refugees the refugee status. How can someone who lives in denmark not understand how the system works?

Yeah the consequences of breaking the treaty. Stop acting like an idiot. You are twisting words because you are stuck up to your own opinion and dont want to be wrong. The treaty matters because the countries who signed it would put out pressure to the other countries for breaking it.
    There would be consequences for doing that even if there was no treaty and they didn't like it. The piece of paper isn't what's keeping them from doing it.
    I dont think you understand how the refugee system works. Just because Germany took in couple million refugee doesn't mean they have given those refugees the refugee status. How can someone who lives in denmark not understand how the system works?
    If they took a couple of million refugees they were given refugee status. If you are talking about people who have not been given refugee status but have applied for it but received no decision then you are talking about asylum seekers. How can you not understand how the system works?
    Last edited by Daneman; 2018-01-22 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you're a plumber you don't want the government letting in a 100 immigrant plumbers.

Seems simple and straight forward to me.
    Says a shitty plumber. If you are halfway decent at your job you will still keep your job. This argument is so bad.

There would be consequences for doing that even if there was no treaty and they didn't like it. The piece of paper isn't what's keeping them from doing it.
    Lets just stop this. Maybe you should get some sleep instead of being retard in the internet.[/QUOTE]

If they took a couple of million refugees they were given refugee status. If you are talking about people who have not been given refugee status you are talking about asylum seekers. How can you not understand how the system works?
    You do realise that germany didn't immedietly give every single asylum seeker refugee status? Its just easier for the news to write that germany has taken in refugees than to write germany has taken in asulym seekers.

http://www.asylumineurope.org/report...any/statistics

Now you can stop being idiot.

Lets just stop this. Maybe you should get some sleep instead of being retard in the internet.
    Maybe you should realize that treaties are essentially useless and it's the actual threat of consequences that stops people from doing shit and not the piece of paper. Treaty or no treaty, the consequences would still be the same.

You do realise that germany didn't immedietly give every single asylum seeker refugee status? Its just easier for the news to write that germany has taken in refugees than to write germany has taken in asulym seekers.

http://www.asylumineurope.org/report...any/statistics

Now you can stop being idiot.
    I don't care about what the numbers are, they're not important. You claimed they had no choice. They could have rejected them.

I don't care about what the numbers are, they're not important. You claimed they had no choice. They could have rejected them.
    Welp now I feel like I wasted good 30min of my life trying to explain this to someone who just doesn't understand.

Welp now I feel like I wasted good 30min of my life trying to explain this to someone who just doesn't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Whether or not the refugee policy is reasonable or unhealthy depends on the quantity of refugees you're talking about. For example the US has been averaging around 60k per year, which is within reason. Taking in millions like Germany did a few years ago would be unhealthy.
    Why are you talking about like Germany had a choice? US prolly would make different decisions in middle east if their people weren't living in another continent save from easy travelling.
    If your intention was not to say they had no choice then you should have worded it differently. I see no other way to interpret your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A mixture of racism and believing right wing nonsense that immigration causes unemployment.
    Then let the migrants move into your neighborhood if you’re so hell bent on bringing them in. Because the people screaming “immigrants welcome” often live in posh, upper middle class/rich neighborhoods which hardly ever have racial minorities living in them. Instead, you have cities like Salt Lake, Seattle become dumping grounds with migrant neighborhoods where crime, drugs, prostitution and sexual assault are fairly common.

Cities in Europe have got it far worse.

If your intention was not to say they had no choice then you should have worded it differently. I see no other way to interpret your claim.
    After all that explanation you still want to argue. How about you chill with the narcissistic tendencies about being right? You could have just said "hey I misinterpret your words" but you choose to go "you are wrong" way. That's only because you cant live in world where you actually did misinterpret something. You cant say I didn't explain what I meant with my words after all these messages.

After all that explanation you still want to argue. How about you chill with the narcissistic tendencies about being right? You could have just said "hey I misinterpret your words" but you choose to go "you are wrong" way. That's only because you cant live in world where you actually did misinterpret something. You cant say I didn't explain what I meant with my words after all these messages.
    I didn't misinterpret anything. If you didn't mean to say they had no choice then you should have worded it differently.

"Why are you talking about like Germany had a choice?" is impossible to interpret in any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Says a shitty plumber. If you are halfway decent at your job you will still keep your job. This argument is so bad.
    Its not about being good at what you do, its about them doing the same job you can but for pennies and nickels and no benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strain on the economy.

Humanity dies whenever Currency is involved.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I didn't misinterpret anything. If you didn't mean to say they had no choice then you should have worded it differently.

"Why are you talking about like Germany had a choice?" is impossible to interpret in any other way.
    You got issues. Sort them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Then let the migrants move into your neighborhood if you’re so hell bent on bringing them in. Because the people screaming “immigrants welcome” often live in posh, upper middle class/rich neighborhoods which hardly ever have racial minorities living in them. Instead, you have cities like Salt Lake, Seattle become dumping grounds with migrant neighborhoods where crime, drugs, prostitution and sexual assault are fairly common.

Cities in Europe have got it far worse.
    Not sure what you are smoking but those states don't have a high immigration population the top states are New York, New Jersey, California, Florida. The states you mention don't even crack the top 5, the most immigrant filled place is Queens New York and it is far from a place filled with crime, drugs, prostitution and sexual assault. I am sure none of this will change your mind as alt right websites think hordes of immigrants are running around raping and killing people mad max style everywhere they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Liar. I don't have a narrow minded view at all. Me stating facts, with no stated opinion of any kind, tells you nothing of my view point. You being the exception to the rule for leftists does nothing to expose my viewpoint either.
    What "rule" are we talking about? Or are you referring to your opinion as to what you see as "leftists"?

You seem to have no clue what's on the left spectrum, demonstrated by you blatantly calling me a liar. I'm curious though, what exactly am I "lying" about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    What "rule" are we talking about? Or are you referring to your opinion as to what you see as "leftists"?

You seem to have no clue what's on the left spectrum, demonstrated by you blatantly calling me a liar. I'm curious though, what exactly am I "lying" about?
    The rule of thumb that leftist support open borders. The entire US Government is shut down because of that leftist policy to put illegal immigrants ahead of citizens and the Constitution. The fact that you oppose illegal immigration, yet call yourself a leftist, makes you an "exception" to that "rule". So it seems you obviously have no idea what the left's agenda is, and yes you are a liar because you claimed I am narrow minded. Such a claim requires I be stating an opinion. A person reciting facts is giving you no indication as to what is in their mind. That's all I did, recite facts and linked sources to back up those facts.

I made no statements which can be called "narrow minded" because, again, nothing I stated was an opinion.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Because the media they choose to consume tells them too.