Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    Plenty of office jobs in the UK, lots of articles have being written on it and they even attempted to make it illegal.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ar-high-heels/
    https://www.ft.com/content/1673c1f2-...8-71a5489ef0eb
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39667912
    It's funny that it's women arguing about the dress codes in offices.

In the vast majority of offices that actually have strict dress codes in London (ie legal firms etc) the code is "Men wear full suit, with Blazer at all times and all seasons, no matter how hot. Women wear whatever you want as long as it looks smart and professional".

Granted there's debate on whether heels automatically make a woman look more professional or not but codes tend to be much more lenient in their favour.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

In the vast majority of offices that actually have strict dress codes in London (ie legal firms etc) the code is "Men wear full suit, with Blazer at all times and all seasons, no matter how hot. Women wear whatever you want as long as it looks smart and professional".

Granted there's debate on whether heels automatically make a woman look more professional or not but codes tend to be much more lenient in their favour.
    There are still offices that force women to wear heels, quite simply not letting people share a dress code is discrimination. Choosing clothing based on none practical reasons for your staff is one thing but doing it based on gender is discrimination.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

In the vast majority of offices that actually have strict dress codes in London (ie legal firms etc) the code is "Men wear full suit, with Blazer at all times and all seasons, no matter how hot. Women wear whatever you want as long as it looks smart and professional". Granted there's debate on whether heels automatically make a woman look more professional or not but codes tend to be much more lenient in their favour.
    I was going to saw that too but I wanted to find out if heels were required business attire first.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was going to saw that too but I wanted to find out if heels were required business attire first.
    They are in places, even with injuries proven to be connected to that.

To be fair, pretty much all of us are hypocrite's in one way or another.

Obviously that is insane but there are people that treat women as if they are already equal in society and they clearly aren't so feminism is needed, people abusing feminism to be twisted crazy man haters are misandarists, not feminists.

- - - Updated - - -

So extreme to want equal pay (They believe they don't get it), less rape, less domestic abuse, to be treated as capable (plenty still don't believe women can do the jobs a man can do) not to be raped and asked what you wore, to be respected for their talents(In companies people have changed email signatures to male/female and being treated so differently regardless of content involved and not just their bodies, to not be forced to wear heels which can cause feet problems and women have being fired over not wearing them. SO EXTREME.
    Problem is a lot of what they do has double standard. They want less rape/domestic abuse/to be treated as capable one moment, then be able to play the victim card that they couldn't do anything against the men who hurt them and need champions to stand up for them.

"I want to join the Marines and be treated like any other soldier, but I expect the requirements to join to be lowered."
    "I'm a police officer but I can't do anything about my civilian husband/boyfriend beating me up, help."

When a lot of people think of feminism, they think that women claim to want "equality" but what they want is special treatment above what men have.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Who cares what actors think
    This. They are no more special in their opinion than anyone else. The only difference is they can get even a bullshit opinion publicized. I would respect one much more if they kept to acting and not think of themselves as more important than some homeless person in a ally. Using a actors award ceremony to express their opinions on different topics than movies or actors, is shameful imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This. They are no more special in their opinion than anyone else. The only difference is they can get even a bullshit opinion publicized. I would respect one much more if they kept to acting and not think of themselves as more important than some homeless person in a ally. Using a actors award ceremony to express their opinions on different topics than movies or actors, is shameful imo.
    Well maybe you should shhhh because your opinion is no more special then anyone elses. See how that works.

Deleted
    If you truly believe women are equal to men in oppertunity and safety from the opposite sex in Western society you are delusional.
    I don't need to believe anything. I know they are. If you think opposite then I am afraid you are the one which is delusional, it probably stems from your sexist attitude towards men.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Problem is a lot of what they do has double standard. They want less rape/domestic abuse/to be treated as capable one moment, then be able to play the victim card that they couldn't do anything against the men who hurt them and need champions to stand up for them.

"I want to join the Marines and be treated like any other soldier, but I expect the requirements to join to be lowered."
    "I'm a police officer but I can't do anything about my civilian husband/boyfriend beating me up, help."

When a lot of people think of feminism, they think that women claim to want "equality" but what they want is special treatment above what men have.
    You are conflating all feminists as the same people, some use bullshit, some push for reasonable good things that they deserve.

Newsflash: Everybody on the planet is a hypocrite. Welcome to the human species.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I don't need to believe anything. I know they are. If you think opposite then I am afraid you are the one which is delusional, it probably stems from your sexist attitude towards men.
    I am sexist towards men? Women in general are paid less, women are killed more often by husbands and boyfriends then men are killed by wives, how is that equality. Women are raped more often, women are sexually assulted more often, the society isn't equal and often they aren't believed.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    I wouldve watched it if she did it just after Iron man 2 god she was sexy as fuck in that but now?
    Shes looks the EXACT same dude....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Shes looks the EXACT same dude....
    Hatred can blind people, she is fine as fuck still tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe you should shhhh because your opinion is no more special then anyone elses. See how that works.
    I do not use the threads in the gaming sections of this forum to express my opinion on politics.:P

10+ Year Old Account
    They are in places, even with injuries proven to be connected to that.
    Terrible standard, even as far as business attire standards go. Everywhere I've worked actually tried to encourage women not to wear heels if only for liability reasons.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The #MeToo movement needs to die in a fire. It's become perverted beyond repair.

I was flashed by a man once in a park. I was with my mom and 2 sisters. We called him a fucking idiot and went on our way, laughing about it now and then still to this day. I'd say that's a far cry from being raped and living with that fact for the rest of your life. You won't find a man or woman laughing about their ordeal some years down the line.

- Haha she raped me to get pregnant, but at least the child she carried and I'm now forced to pay for came out ugly as sin!!

- They raped me so violently and ruthlessly that my insides collapsed, at which point they started pulling out my intestines whilst laughing. I died, but at least I can joke about it in the afterlife!!

Give me a break. The MeToo-movement has become the Left equivalent to Alternative Facts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-22 at 02:39 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I guess you won't be seeing the upcoming Avengers movies or the stand alone Black Widow movie then?
    Mark Ruffalo is an anti-GMO nut. I'll still go see Infinity War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible standard, even as far as business attire standards go. Everywhere I've worked actually tried to encourage women not to wear heels if only for liability reasons.
    Where I worked before I retired, they were outright banned to be worn while on the facility. Open toed shoes were also.

7+ Year Old Account
    People are nutty and want women to be as sexually desirable as possible at all times, I linked ones involving wanting the boobs on show and makeup as well. Can't just show up sensibly dressed and be smart apprently in some places, legal but stupid.