Why do American Conservatives Whine?

Even Obama was a rightist by European standards, so why do American conservatives even fight at all? Do you realize how insane it is that someone who reverts transgender rights (can't use the one you want!) on a baseless whim (baseless, because there literally can be no explanatory reason) is the president?

If you really wanted to go elitist, and not softcore modern-gamer, I could go on about how the U.S. presidency is entirely irrelevant because you have to believe in God. And half of its population denies the "fact" of evolution (yes, "fact": theory =/= hypothesis). We are the laughing stock of the world. Get out of your bubble.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably because there is no such thing as Conservatism in an American context or even much of one in a European context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Probably because there is no such thing as Conservatism in an American context or even much of one in a European context.
    Except there is? Unless you're trying pull a gender identity analogy out your a$$, in which case you've failed.

Nice. You made a whole new thread complaining that the people you dislike complain too much.

*golf clap* Keep on keepin MMO-C

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Except there is? Unless you're trying pull a gender identity analogy out your a$$, in which case you've failed.
    I'd say there largely isn't. I would not call the US GOP all the conservative with its "Say anything to get another war in the Middle East" attitude and its embrace of Laissez-faire capitalist economics. A major problem in America is we are stuck with two parties that are relatively identicle and really only differ in the minutae of certain issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

If your OP wasn’t such a mess you might have a point, but really all you did was just add to the cacophony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone whines, have you ever watched CNN since the election?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Seriously what is wrong with you, why do you pull this BS soo much, liberals not really a liberal or conservative really isn't a conservative?

I mean I get it, everybody who considers themselves Liberal or Conservative doesn't line up exactly the way YOU think they ought to, nor do they with me either. However that doesn't mean people aren't conservative, or liberal when they say they are.

They are political ideologies, and NOBODY who has ever been adopted any ideology has ever been all of exactly one model.

I don't think you understand that, along with many.

I mean just because Someone is a Nazi, doesn't mean they can't say for instance be a Feminist, nor does it mean that just because someone is ISIS they can't be a racist.

Honestly you harp on this nonsense A LOT.

If you are going to have a PURITY test, by all means, but you ought to actually understand what liberal and conservative means yourself, before professing this garbage idea that Liberals aren't really Liberals, and Conservatives aren't really Conservatives.

It is TRUE that many like yourself don't really know what Liberal and Conservative are in the purist sense, but if people make the claim they are Liberal, Conservative, or Libertarian, then they are.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Look, I know most of you are unintelligent, but reason and logic can not be denied.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2018-01-28 at 09:09 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even Obama was a rightist by European standards, so why do American conservatives even fight at all? Do you realize how insane it is that someone who reverts transgender rights (can't use the one you want!) on a baseless whim (baseless, because there literally can be no explanatory reason) is the president?

If you really wanted to go elitist, and not softcore modern-gamer, I could go on about how the U.S. presidency is entirely irrelevant because you have to believe in God. And half of its population denies the "fact" of evolution (yes, "fact": theory =/= hypothesis). We are the laughing stock of the world. Get out of your bubble.
    >One of the great enduring stupidities of the American presidential cult is the belief, rooted in invincible ignorance, that the state of the U.S. economy at any given moment is a reflection of the intelligence and wisdom of the chief executive of the federal government and a result of the excellence or insufficiency of his administration.

When you hear someone crediting a president with an economic boom or strong wage growth, ask them in some detail about the actual mechanism they believe to be at work, some plausible chain of causality. You’ll rarely get a satisfying answer.

The belief that GDP growth or this month’s jobs report provides a meaningful judgment on the performance of the president isn’t economics — it’s superstition. It is the modern version of the ancient belief that a crop failure means that the king has displeased the rain god or the wheat goddess. It is a primitive disposition from which we should liberate ourselves — and could, if we were willing to do the hard work of citizenship rather than take our ease in lazy partisanship.< Source
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

First few posts in this thread = Look, we are gamers, we don't care about politics. Have you ever seen a game dev? But, of course, changing the subject is what you do.

10+ Year Old Account

Obama wasn't a rightest, he was a realist, he fought for ideals that were foundational Democratic fundamentals. Which are liberal and conservative. And in the U.S Obama is left, not right.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Look, I know most of you are unintelligent, but reason and logic can not be denied.
    I know you didn't want a real discussion but you gave yourself away too soon with this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I know you didn't want a real discussion but you gave yourself away too soon with this line.
    There IS NO discussion with regards to the transgender rights stated in my post.

There IS NO discussion with regards to the transgender rights stated in my post.
    If that was your main point then it's a sexuality discussion and not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If that was your main point then it's a sexuality discussion and not allowed.
    then I would retort that gender =/= sex, but the forum moderators are probably as seriously to be taken as the bible is not ambiguous/

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tragic that many find it more important to be bipartisan than they care about minorities or equality.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread didn't start of great with the title and the content and OP's retorts are making this even worse. Closing this here.

CLOSED.