Deleted

Apocalypse usage.

I've been looking around abit online and have just been wondering what the optimal use of Apocalypse would be for UH DK.

Should i be using it on cooldown as it comes off or would it be more worth waiting the 30-40 seconds on it to use it together with Dark arbiter
    to build more runic power for deathcoils?

15+ Year Old Account
    If u gon save Apo. id say dont wait more than 10, maybe 15 sec if u wanna combo it with Dark Arbiter
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    If you're using cof it's worth waiting the 5 to 10 seconds to line them up. If not pop it on cd though maybe empty your rp first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bofride View Post
    I've been looking around abit online and have just been wondering what the optimal use of Apocalypse would be for UH DK.

Should i be using it on cooldown as it comes off or would it be more worth waiting the 30-40 seconds on it to use it together with Dark arbiter
    to build more runic power for deathcoils?
    If your running with a consistent guild you should actually look at your previous logs and make an educated guess based on that

for example if your doing Garothi and your guild normally kills it in 3:25-3:45 duration then you should use Apoc on Cooldown so you get 3 uses

If your guild however kills Garothi normally in 2:20-2:45 then you should hold it to line up with each DA as you would only get 2 Apocs and 2 DA casts anyways and that way DA gets the full benefit of the burst of RP from Apoc and the dmg taken debuff.

and then theres a fight like Imonar where using a CoF will mean 3 DA (1 per platform) and not using a CoF means you have to hold out on DA for 45 seconds usually else its wasted in transition.

theres alot of things Unholy has to take into consideration.

7+ Year Old Account
    follow up on this question. ive got tkthxtrtxrtdrtxrtx shoulders, which means i obviously want to save DT for DA, but at the same time i feel im missing a lot of damage if i dont buff my Apoc ghouls with DT.
    so which would be the better option?

if your using Infected claws (which you should if not using CoF) then DT will always line up with DA on cast #1-3-5 etc etc

00:00 Apoc - DA - DT
    01:00 DT
    01:30 Apoc
    02:00 DA - DT
    03:00 Apoc - DT
    04:00 DA - DT
    04:30 Apoc fight ends

That a general rough Idea if your just using your abilities on CD on a 4:30min fight.

speed run with 2:30min fight should look like

00:00 Apoc - DA - DT
    01:00 DT
    02:00 Apoc - DA - DT
    02:30 fight ends

DT and DA are never at odds because they will always naturally line up,

Note that there are still some top tier UH DK's that use SI even without having cof. But I would say around 15% only according to wowlogs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Note that there are still some top tier UH DK's that use SI even without having cof. But I would say around 15% only according to wowlogs
    Yeah I saw this a little while back and the only reason I can think of is that a surprisingly large number of the top parsing (1st boss antorus mythic) unholy players forgot to change talent

Or maybe rng > skill ? ;(

Answers on a postcard please care of:

Betty howling fjord clinic
    Recovering cofaholics ward
    California
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-01-24 at 07:00 PM.

There's no better benfit to lining up Apoc and Arbiter beyond Dark Transformation with the shoulders. The debuffs from the ghoul do not affect Arbiters damage and never have. It gives you a nice chunk of RP and you empower the ghouls but that's it.

And also, SI is fine to use even without CoF and always has been. If you have even a single trait from a relic for Eternal Agony you shouldn't, but as is you can use it and always has it been competitive. IC is just passive, so it's popular