Poll: Should parents be allowed to Microchip their kids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should parents be allowed to Microchip their kids?

It's a more recent debate, but I have heard it picking up steam a little bit, mostly because I work in security, one of the constant concerns especially in public settings is about the safety of children. If a child is ever lost or kidnapped it could be a helpful tool.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    If it's good enough for a dog, it's good enough for your kids.

Of course not, this infringes several of the kids' rights.

Nope. Kids can’t consent so you don’t get to insert things into their body with no actual reason (like shots ).

Not to mention the implications of some nefarious government agency or some dick head hacker doing god knows what.

If security is an issue , put the chip in their socks or shoes or sewn into their under wear or back pack. Put it on a wrist watch. Somewhere it can be taken off when/if the kid doesn’t want to be tracked.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2018-01-29 at 09:50 AM.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    This is crazy. And yeah too bad some idiots are actually willing to do this. "yes of course, but a microchip in me."

Deleted
    The chip shown in the picture is one of those used for money transactions, and stuff at close range.
    I would not be concerned about my kid going outside my 5 centimeter safety zone.

The tech required to actually use those things to track someone would be much bigger and invasive. Today at least.
    Besides, kids already carry with themselves a tracking device with gps and wifi: a phone. Duplicating that device is largely pointless.

When the implant tech available surpasses that of a phone, the question may become relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If it's good enough for a dog, it's good enough for your kids.
    Our dog sometimes got a pig's ear to chew on. I'll try to remember that the next time my niece and nephew come over for a visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Nope. Kids can’t consent so you don’t get to insert things into their body with no actual reason (like shots ).

Not to mention the implications of some nefarious government agency or some dick head hacker doing god knows what.

If security is an issue , put the chip in their socks or shoes or sewn into their under wear or back pack. Put it on a wrist watch. Somewhere it can be taken off when/if the kid doesn’t want to be tracked.
    People have their children's ears pierced also. This isn't much different than that is it and this could save their lives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Our dog sometimes got a pig's ear to chew on. I'll try to remember that the next time my niece and nephew come over for a visit.
    Why not? Thy arent even your kids. Screw em :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course not, this infringes several of the kids' rights.
    Kids don't have rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, parents shouldn't be permitted to tag their kids with an internal transmitter. Though, this SHOULD be implemented in convicts and parolees. Heck, maybe even patients with dementia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Kids don't have rights.
    I am sorry but what? Mate, kids have rights because they are human beings. Their parents has a responsibility to protect the child and their rights.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are really worried about your child, you could give them a bracelet with a tracker, they are sold in many different types, and sizes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There was a black mirror episode about it .go check it and find your answer

Thats an easy and resounding "no."

7+ Year Old Account
    I cannot imagine the horror life would have been if my parents had had a chip in me while I was kid. Fucking terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    There was a black mirror episode about it .go check it and find your answer
    Came here only to tell them of black mirror as well.

Just no. Microchipping sounds great, but terrible in practice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, parents shouldn't be permitted to tag their kids with an internal transmitter. Though, this SHOULD be implemented in convicts and parolees. Heck, maybe even patients with dementia.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry but what? Mate, kids have rights because they are human beings. Their parents has a responsibility to protect the child and their rights.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are really worried about your child, you could give them a bracelet with a tracker, they are sold in many different types, and sizes.
    Yeah I disagree, I get what you are saying, I am not sure if I would agree that is even the theory much less the practice, but over all kids have no agency on their own, thus no rights as it were.

As to their parents, eh, I don't know, I am not sure there is any actual proof of that. I am not arguing simply to argue, but in this case rights as I am referring too, no kids for sure don't have any agency on the matter automatically.

I find it more effective to chain them up.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Kids don't have rights.
    Unless you are living in a "shithole" country your kids prly have more right than you . Try beating them and see if they have right or not .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I cannot imagine the horror life would have been if my parents had had a chip in me while I was kid. Fucking terrifying.
    I am not sure it would work like that, and I am not sure we are talking like teenagers either. Like everything I am sure there would be laws for who can access it and what for.

But if a child kidnapped or goes missing this could be a very helpful tool. Once the child is an adult I am sure the chip could also be removed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Unless you are living in a "shithole" country your kids prly have more right than you . Try beating them and see if they have right or not .
    Well not having any rights, I don't think extends to parents being allowed to abuse them, as is pointing out kids are charged to a parent or guardians.

I love talking about microchipping,

last time I mentioned it was in front of a Southern Baptist Christian, apparently it's the new "mark of the devil" and once it starts being used on people, it is a sign of the end times.