Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/us/ke...ing/index.html

As an update - apparently it's 1 dead several wounded, and they do have the shooter in custody. No identity or motive has been released yet.

Deleted
    Seems like when terrorists attack people in the US then there's endless call for blood, bombings or actual invasions of other countries, literally trillions of dollars spent.

When it is a US citizen doing the killing no one does anything.

The only commonality is the solution to everything in the US seems to be violence. Even when it comes to violence itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Nothing is going to happen because the gun lobby is too powerful, even stuff that has wide spread support like UBCs and bans on bump stocks fizzle and go nowhere.

Our government is failing.
    What the hell would bump stocks do when the vast majority of gun crimes are committed against a single person using a pistol that is likely legally owned or untraceable?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    Yeah, nobody cares about Chicago though. Chicago has been abandoned, it's called Chiraq for a reason. No news source out there has the time and resources to devote to Chicago shootings, that would be a 24hr news channel of it's own.
    It is the same anywhere, South Central Los Angeles, same thing. You only hear about the ones that fit the criteria you specified. I think if we heard those instances equally, the people that are completely unshakingly against gun reform would probably make more sense. I'm not one of them, I'm just against people from outside our country thumbing their nose at an issue they have absolutely no real idea about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by golftrant View Post
    Seems like when terrorists attack people in the US then there's endless call for blood, bombings or actual invasions of other countries, literally trillions of dollars spent.

When it is a US citizen doing the killing no one does anything.

The only commonality is the solution to everything in the US seems to be violence. Even when it comes to violence itself.
    You're right, every time a mentally ill kid shoots his school up the US should carpet bomb itself and launch a ground invasion of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This just makes me think of the Joker monologue about "everything going according to plan"

every day dozens of gangbangers kill each other and nobody cares, but a public shooting happens somewhere it's not "supposed" to and everyone loses their god damn minds.
    And everybody that quotes that makes me realize how too many people forget the Joker is a deliberately written villain for a reason and not some misunderstood genius with a "true" perspective of reality. Gang violence is reported quite often and, just like a public shooting, makes headlines when innocent people get killed.

School shootings tend to have innocent people getting killed. Gang-on-gang violence, not so much - hence, not the bigger headlines. More people "lose their minds" when that violence creeps in closer to innocent home than contained in some backwater urban hellhole of awful people killing equally awful people.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-01-23 at 05:35 PM.

If you've seen the movie, "O Brother, Where Art Thou?", you can kind of imagine what present day Kentucky is like.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/us/ke...ing/index.html

As an update - apparently it's 1 dead several wounded, and they do have the shooter in custody. No identity or motive has been released yet.
    This is going to sound insensitive, and I am not denying the magnitude of the story, but this isn't a mass shooting. The person easily could have done the same damage with a non-firearm weapon. You got baited on the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    schools need better security

if i may..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    This is going to sound insensitive, and I am not denying the magnitude of the story, but this isn't a mass shooting. The person easily could have done the same damage with a non-firearm weapon. You got baited on the story.
    8 people were shot, that seems like 'mass' to me. If someone stabbed 8 people it would be a 'mass stabbing'. People don't have to die for it to be a mass shooting. People have to die for it to be mass murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    schools need better security

if i may..

Wil Wheaton?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You're right, every time a mentally ill kid shoots his school up the US should carpet bomb itself and launch a ground invasion of itself.
    The rest of the world wouldn't mind if it keeps you from interfering elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If you've seen the movie, "O Brother, Where Art Thou?", you can kind of imagine what present day Kentucky is like.
    ...a lifestyle based on pseudo-greek mythology? o_O

;P

The rest of the world wouldn't mind if it keeps you from interfering elsewhere.
    1. I'm not American
    2. The fact that you can speak for 6,600,000,000 people is pretty hilarious.
    3. Go dunk your head in a blender and live in the woods.

I thought we had decided to put all these shooting threads into a single place.

I mean - if the US is happy with killing kids in the name of freedom, then I can only assume nothing will ever change. So why bother posting threads.

Oh that's right.

I have to post my...

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

That will help.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

One of the most retarded statements I have read today, and completely proves my entire point about people not giving a fuck as long as things go "according to plan"
    OK oh-so-wise and open "genius" - what's "the plan"?

Please, how about you quote my ENTIRE post that explains what I wrote instead of being a chicken-shit and hiding behind your goatee-stroking movie quip that every edgelord gave up quoting 5 years ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

America is flooded with guns. In the UK right now we have almost zero gun crime, but I can easily get a gun by phoning a guy. It would take 5 minutes. Now realise that the UK has a fraction of the guns of America and also doesn't even allow them to be legally owned.
    No you can't. You are making it up. Even organized criminals rarely use firearms in the UK.

Deleted
    Poor people in poor areas die, and nobody cares. Middle class or rich people die, and suddenly people care.

People quote that line because it's so fucking relevant and accurate that it sticks out more than anything else.
    Sorry are you pretending that you care in the slightest about black people or other ethnic minorities killing each other? Because, you know, you obviously don't...you come across as quite racist.

I'm still waiting for someone to actually give a solution that makes firearms illegal for legal firearm owners that magically makes firearms disappear for the criminals using them? No one ever does, they just point out the gun problem but no logical solution. Yes, a psycho got a hold of a firearm and used it in a way that is illegal, yes there could be something done to prevent it, i.e. mental health checks. Great! You have semi-solved the problem of people who absolutely bomb a psych evaluation from owning firearms, round of applause. That still doesn't change the criminal exchange of illegal firearms.

Deleted
    Wow some random jerkoff with 38 posts thinks I come across as racist? What ever will I do with my life now?!

My whole sense of self has completely crumbled! D:
    I was just trying to find out what your motivation was. Judging from your other posts you think black people are responsible for all their social problems, therefore them killing each other is their own fault and the government shouldn't interfere. Unless you are just changing your stance to support whatever the Republican line is regardless of any consistency.

Sorry are you pretending that you care in the slightest about black people or other ethnic minorities killing each other? Because, you know, you obviously don't...you come across as quite racist.
    Except, he never said Black, you did! You're assuming all poor people are Black?