Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dont Ask for Burning Crusade. Ask for Balancing Classes.

The title pretty much says it all. You see all the "purists" constantly trying to shut people down that want class balance by saying "just go play Burning Crusade when they release it". What they really mean to say is that they don't want the competition for loot at end game raids and in PvP so they want things exactly where it was with Vanilla. To that line they use I say that it wont make a difference if a Spriest or Boomkin is doing the DPS compared to Mage or Warlock and the same thing goes for Ret or Kitty compared to Rogue or Warrior.

Then they bring up the excuse of "it will make hybrids to OP in PvP". I think Blizzard is smart enough to know which spells/abilities are used in PvP compared to PvE and buff the ones that don't really cross over well so that this wont happen and if it does oh well. Who else here would like to see Rogues get owned over and over, Rets destroy a warrior, or mages/warlocks get blown up by a hybrid caster in PvP because I would die laughing if that would happen. Again, certain "purists" already have a plan of what they want to do and dominate in PvP with the old way things were and don't want that being messed with so I wouldn't shed a tear if their plans got ruined.

Lets look at it this way. This is just guestimates but lets say just 25% of specs are used at endgame content. A fraction of that 25% are purists that would leave if you balance classes and they actually have competition for loot. Who cares if they leave because now we just gained a ton and I mean a ton of players by letting people actually play the specs they want in end game and pvp. The amount of players that you would gain by letting them play their favorite specs would eclipse the amount of "purists" that would leave. Blizzard is all about making money and if all they have to do is do a quick number tweek on a spell that isn't used much or doesn't cross over from PvE to PvP very well then I don't see anything stopping them from doing that.

No, do ask for Burning Crusade because Burning Crusade was fun.

Also Vanilla was balanced around the various specs being good at various types of content. The way they did it made the balance fine in that regards.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't ask for balancing classes, ask for another game. Leave Vanilla alone please

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfire View Post
    The title pretty much says it all. You see all the "purists" constantly trying to shut people down that want class balance by saying "just go play Burning Crusade when they release it". What they really mean to say is that they don't want the competition for loot at end game raids and in PvP so they want things exactly where it was with Vanilla. To that line they use I say that it wont make a difference if a Spriest or Boomkin is doing the DPS compared to Mage or Warlock and the same thing goes for Ret or Kitty compared to Rogue or Warrior.

Then they bring up the excuse of "it will make hybrids to OP in PvP". I think Blizzard is smart enough to know which spells/abilities are used in PvP compared to PvE and buff the ones that don't really cross over well so that this wont happen and if it does oh well. Who else here would like to see Rogues get owned over and over, Rets destroy a warrior, or mages/warlocks get blown up by a hybrid caster in PvP because I would die laughing if that would happen. Again, certain "purists" already have a plan of what they want to do and dominate in PvP with the old way things were and don't want that being messed with so I wouldn't shed a tear if their plans got ruined.

Lets look at it this way. This is just guestimates but lets say just 25% of specs are used at endgame content. A fraction of that 25% are purists that would leave if you balance classes and they actually have competition for loot. Who cares if they leave because now we just gained a ton and I mean a ton of players by letting people actually play the specs they want in end game and pvp. The amount of players that you would gain by letting them play their favorite specs would eclipse the amount of "purists" that would leave. Blizzard is all about making money and if all they have to do is do a quick number tweek on a spell that isn't used much or doesn't cross over from PvE to PvP very well then I don't see anything stopping them from doing that.
    you do know in pvp most if not all of the hybrid specs did quite well right?

pallys owned warriors too btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't ask for Burning Crusade or balancing classes, ask for WotLK. HurrDurr

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    >tfw someone who never played vanilla still claims to know what to do to 'fix' the game

Ask for BC if you want BC. Don't ask to change vanilla.
    Sorry bud but I played Vanilla from day 1 launch until Cataclysm and stopped there cause it was trash ever since. Raided all the way up to Naxx and PvP'd up to rank 11 or 12 in vanilla and always up to 2200 when it was switched to arenas from BC on.

The best expansion was The Dark Below. So ask for that.

7+ Year Old Account

If you want balance go and play retail. Classic wow will be pure. Your retarded opinion doesnt matter. You are in toxic trolling minority which isnt the targeted audience.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2018-01-23 at 07:38 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    you do know in pvp most if not all of the hybrid specs did quite well right?

pallys owned warriors too btw.
    What?

Afaicr at least locks, druids and hunters were quite in a miserable state in PvP.

Not mentioning that gear was far too crucial for pvping decently.

The title pretty much says it all. You see all the "purists" constantly trying to shut people down that want class balance by saying "just go play Burning Crusade when they release it". What they really mean to say is that they don't want the competition for loot [...]
    aaaand I stopped reading. No, but seriously. There's 40 people in the raids, regardless of what classes you want or don't want, there will always be another 4 rogues or whatever wanting the same shit as you. That's a stupid argument.

5+ Year Old Account
    BTW OP needs to clarify what should the game "balance" around for. Low end PvE (dungeons and early raids)? High end PvE? 1v1 PvP? Small scale PvP? Big scale PvP? Farming (it was quite the endeavour in Vanilla)?

And once that is defined, how would that balance be achieved without getting a carbon copy of WotLK or later? How would you solve the imbalances that would inevitably appear in other areas of the game?

Should be thankful that Blizzard is even doing Classic, but no, that's not good enough.
    We want "balanced" specs, upgraded textures, new models, toggles, AoE looting, stackable
    soul shards, stackable ammo, and on and on and on....I don't think these people really want
    Classic WoW. I am a purist and target audience. Keep it as a snapshot in time, for better or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    To be fair I'd prefer TBC.

Raid-related lore atrocities aside it was a much more complete package than Vanilla ever was thanks to all it did for questing and class balancing.

Plus Blood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    classic wow should be classic wow because otherwise it's not classic wow, also please bring back a wrath of the lich king server
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    To be fair I'd prefer TBC.

Raid-related lore atrocities aside it was a much more complete package than Vanilla ever was thanks to all it did for questing and class balancing.

Plus Blood Elves.
    Tb completely h I’d prefer classic in its pre-Cata state. Apart from the qol improvements, pure Vanilla talents trees were a joke, basically everyone picked the same things because there were loads of useless stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    there were loads of useless stuff.
    Much like today, where most talent rows are, at most, ST talent / AoE talent / useless af talent. Yay all our character customization after 13 years That's why have fluff like new models, xmog and 38464057245 mounts to choose from... To help hide how lacking ACTUAL customization is after all this time.

15+ Year Old Account

Funny how you mention loot competition when bringing up this horrible idea of basically playing BC specs with a vanilla level cap. Loot for healers (all 4 healer types) were more or less cloth not mail, leather, and plate. Loot for all casters (moonkin, elemental, shadow priest, mage, and warlock) was basically cloth as well. Loot for almost all physical dps (enhancement, feral, rogue, warrior, hunter, and lawladin) was basically leather with a few other types thrown in every so often for warriors. This doesn't include tier sets that were only good for certain specs.

Shadow priests did fairly well in PvE when there were enough locks in the raid to debuff to help the priest (and the priest buffed to help the locks). Both shadow priests and balance druids did more than fine in PvP though because of their ability to cast their dots on people without problems AND being able to heal when they were low. Same went for ret pallies in PvP where they were dominate over other melee and some casters too because of their ability to deal damage and heal themselves if they got low. All of this because of their ability to deal damage and....wait for it....heal if they got too low.

As for your belief that the purists are the minority and would quit playing the game if changes like these "class balances" you guys are trying to force on everyone were to happen, well that's just bullshit. Purists are the majority of people wanting to play Classic WoW. Purists wouldn't even play Classic WoW if all these changes you assholes are trying to force happen actually happened. Your insistence that Blizzard would gain more people by doing these "class balances" than they would lose from the purists is way off. Those "purists" are the ones that will be there a year after the servers go live. Those "purists" are the majority of people wanting to play the game. Those "purists" are the reason why Classic WoW is even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Much like today, where most talent rows are, at most, ST talent / AoE talent / useless af talent. Yay all our character customization after 13 years That's why have fluff like new models, xmog and 38464057245 mounts to choose from... To help hide how lacking ACTUAL customization is after all this time.
    True story but today almost every spec of every class is viable. Back then was a complete different story.

I sometimes remember my enha shammy PvP but it would be better not to remember

10+ Year Old Account
    Balancing classes would basically change the entirety of the "Vanilla Experience". Each class was designed with weaknesses that was meant to be overcome by grouping, that was the core of these earlier MMOs like Vanilla WoW, EQ, or FF11.

Literally any content can be cleared with any class. It's not Blizzards fault that a large portion of the WoW community is going to ignore "bad" classes because they're impatient or bad and need as many advantages as possible to clear pathetically simple (In this day and age) raids.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    True story but today almost every spec of every class is viable.
    As many other folks, you are assuming high end level raiding when saying viable. Druids were preferrably resto, Palas were preferrably holy, Mages were frost up to MC or fire after that... All classes had but a single viable high end PvE spec, it wasn't a hybrid-only issue, the only exception being warriors, because someone in the dev team had a hardon for warriors /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Literally any content can be cleared with any class. It's not Blizzards fault that a large portion of the WoW community is going to ignore "bad" classes because they're impatient or bad and need as many advantages as possible to clear pathetically simple (In this day and age) raids.
    Also this.