Poll: How do you think daylight/standard time should be handled?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bill in Florida to set daylight savings time all year

A proposed bill in the Florida Senate that would authorize the state to observe daylight saving as the standard time year-round is moving forward.
    I've always thought the whole of the country should just switch over to daylight savings time and find the idea of switching back and forth two times a year quite silly. I don't like losing out on daylight when the sun rises an hour or more before I'm usually up and about for the day.

What do you all think?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37342811/...florida-senate

I wish the whole country did NOT observe daylight savings time and just kept their clocks the same year round.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a very good reason why daylight savings are a thing, it has both to do with savings part and quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is a very good reason why daylight savings are a thing, it has both to do with savings part and quality of life.
    I agree with the quality of life part, but the savings part is kinda up in the air it seems.

https://www.livescience.com/56725-do...ve-energy.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazter View Post
    I've always thought the whole of the country should just switch over to daylight savings time and find the idea of switching back and forth two times a year quite silly. I don't like losing out on daylight when the sun rises an hour or more before I'm usually up and about for the day.

What do you all think?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37342811/...florida-senate
    That.. sounds rather stupid.. I'll just stick with what I've known forever.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

DST completely fucks everything in the fall. It goes from sunset around 6pm, to 5pm, which means I leave for work and it's dark and I come home and it's still dark. They should keep DST year round.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate how early it gets dark. I don't think we should change our clocks ahead or behind 1 hour. We should just leave it alone.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Leave the clocks alone.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    it does not save anything, so leave that argument out pls.
    and DST just for Florida ? naah, let it rest

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, I wish California would do it.

Definitely don’t need it in the states with milder climates. Two states don’t observe it, Arizona and Hawaii.

Cheers

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate changing the time twice a year. It is stupid and has no valid reason to do so. Whichever they pick is fine. Just stop the dumb changing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of DST and just switch to standard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    leaving work at dusk is depressing and my normally shift ends at 4:30 pm. feels like the day is gone when I should have a good 4hrs left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    DST completely fucks everything in the fall. It goes from sunset around 6pm, to 5pm, which means I leave for work and it's dark and I come home and it's still dark. They should keep DST year round.
    Technically, you then want to maintain DST, as it starts in the spring.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I don't care which we use, I just don't like the time-changing crap. Hopefully it gets done.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

People like Standard time???

Keep it as is - I love gaining and losing an hour twice a year.
    It seems wrong for little man Tate and Susie have to stand in THE DARKNESS waiting for the school bus to come for them before the werewolves and the other creatures of the night get to them.... to give them their lunch. Also, it's "kind of nice" to shake you up from the doldrums of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If your going to get ride of Day Light Savings, then just use standard time.. Or whichever one the rest of the world uses.
    Its mixed world wide..... We could do what China does and just have ONE time zone for the entire country!!!!

Yes! Make this happen, FL!
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson