Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    you gain also demonic command, without spell lock from a destro warlock perspective i'm feel so naked
    Yeah i noted that. You gain an ability you would of already had with the pet in the first place in addition to a flat static damage boost that last approximately forever.. Insane value. Huge gameplay. Big fun talent. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Huge gameplay. Big fun talent. /s
    oh come on, how is a garbage low bob demon, which just autoattacks your target ( if you are lucky), in any way or form fun or gameplay changing.

sacrifice not being viable and having demons as garbage "dps-cooldowns" ruined a big part of my legion warlock experience. if i have to use demons, make them interesting, impactful and modern.

Yeah i noted that. You gain an ability you would of already had with the pet in the first place in addition to a flat static damage boost that last approximately forever.. Insane value. Huge gameplay. Big fun talent. /s
    Still, im with everyone else and its how ive always felt about this class. Hunters love their pets. They befriend them, turning them from a feral beast into a trusting and protective companion. Warlocks do not. it goes with that class fantasy. Warlocks are like everyone else, they hate demons. yet, they have the power and knowledge to control them and realize they are useful tools. If they want, they will kill them and simply pull them once again from the nether.

Its also why they never let us name them. It basically shows they are already a being with a name and free will until we enslave them for our own bidding. I also like how its always the same name demon. It shows they are eternally bound to serve us. Its a fate worse than death and its extremely fitting. The only demon I honestly have ever felt bad for was the fel pup. They seem just like nothing more than a demon dog. they probably served another demon lord somewhere in the nether and are probably the only demons that could truly be considered a loyal companion. I just wish affliction could use it more without it being such a DPS loss. If they are ditching the doomlord though, maybe it will be once again.

yes but, for example, i'm love to go destro and affli without pet and increased damage

the problem for me is the lack of counterspell baseline, in pve and Always in pvp is a huge problem. I'm feel so naked without spell lock, and the demons have the AI problem, and if you go destro need imp for damage boost and lose counterspell. Warlock is the only class in the game without a counterspell except the felhunter.

I prefer to sacrifice the demon to gain spell lock and more big number in pvp , i'd love to go without pet in pvp and pve, simple personal preference

i love to have different option to play my warlock, i love to go without pet and spell lock.
    If a player love to go with a demon, take sinergy or another talent

I'm feel "more strong" to go without a pet and reading big number and counter an enemy
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-01-29 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    I think you are missing the point of people would just not rather play with the demon in the first place, saying "warlock is a permanent pet class" is not really a valid argument as bar 2 expacs we have always been able to sacrifice our demons.

Lone wolf, lonely winter are all copies of Demonic Sacrifice not the other way around, we had it first. The whole reason it was changed was that the demonology tree was not really getting much use so they decided to revamp the spec (still at it lol) and took away Sac as it was in that tree. Fast forward to MoP and the acquiesced to 2 years of the player base asking for it back for destro and affliction.

It fits thematically with the class and should be available for those that don't want to play Demo and don't want to run with a pet for Destro/Afflic, simple as that. There is zero justifiable argument to having it "enforced" on us as you want with the history behind the original iteration of the spell.

Oh and on a side note, i don't get Insane value, huge gameplay, Big fun from watching my doomguard turret doombolts into a boss nor having to deal with stupid AI and pathing issues that cause ass pulls in mythics or having to dismiss them for the same reasons.

We get it you like demons..................others don't and those of us who have been maining warlock since the start know that warlock is not a pet class like hunter nor will it ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I think you are missing the point of people would just not rather play with the demon in the first place, saying "warlock is a permanent pet class" is not really a valid argument as bar 2 expacs we have always been able to sacrifice our demons.

Lone wolf, lonely winter are all copies of Demonic Sacrifice not the other way around, we had it first. The whole reason it was changed was that the demonology tree was not really getting much use so they decided to revamp the spec (still at it lol) and took away Sac as it was in that tree. Fast forward to MoP and the acquiesced to 2 years of the player base asking for it back for destro and affliction.

It fits thematically with the class and should be available for those that don't want to play Demo and don't want to run with a pet for Destro/Afflic, simple as that. There is zero justifiable argument to having it "enforced" on us as you want with the history behind the original iteration of the spell.

Oh and on a side note, i don't get Insane value, huge gameplay, Big fun from watching my doomguard turret doombolts into a boss nor having to deal with stupid AI and pathing issues that cause ass pulls in mythics or having to dismiss them for the same reasons.

We get it you like demons..................others don't and those of us who have been maining warlock since the start know that warlock is not a pet class like hunter nor will it ever be.
    No i get the point, its not hard to understand. Its I disagree with it 110%.

Lone wolf, lonely winter, and demonic sacrifice are all shit designed talents that just appease a population of those class/specs who dont like the way pets work. They are about as interesting as talents pre mop that read "increase your damage by 3% rank 1/5".

It fits thematically sure, but its absolute horseshit in gameplay. Sacrificing your mainstay demon for a static % buff is as cool and thematic as hunters who dont want to be hunters but want to be "le ranger lone wolf".

Implosion is good thematically and gameplay wise. Dark Pact is good thematically and gameplay wise. Demonic sacrifice isnt, and the desire for it has nothing to do with being thematic to warlocks it has to do with just straight up not wanting the pet.

Btw, sacrifice was insane for demo for the short while it was there in its current iteration, especially during ToT with UVLS. Before the mop rework it was garbage because all your other talents was about boosting your demon.

And yes, theres nothing interesting about perma Doomguards because its another shit tier lazy talent design thats been in the game since wod. Doomguards are just glorified imps but shittier with a shorter range, slower cast, and obnoxious model and an ill fitted interrupt that delays its own cast time to deal dmg.

Pets have benefits and perks, in both pvp and pve.

Bosses that have phases where they can be damaged but not hit by the player, pets are a perk. Iron Qon ToT off the top of my head.
    Bosses that have extended movement phases. Windlord in HoF
    Bosses with ample CC rendering the player themselves unable to act.
    Dungeon bosses like inquistor in VoW that require los and extended time not hitting the boss? pets still doing dmg
    PvP, anytime theres los? pets still doing dmg
    PvP, you get CCed? pets still doing dmg and can still use abilities like axe toss/spell lock
    PvP, healer trying to drink way over yonder? pets on it
    Skittish weeks? pets mitigate the aggro table basically making it a non issue (esp demo/bm)
    Pets make any open world content trivial by being tanks
    Niche uses like felhunter purge, imp dispel, and the felguard valuable MS effect.

There are downsides
    Like pathing such as on kingorath
    Pets getting bugged on Z axis maps like blades edge arena map or having to dismis them so they dont pull the whole instance
    Pets randomly getting one shotted during boss transitions like after garothi intermission
    *AI is almost always a non issue, you literally control the pets to where move and attack. Thats just player being bad 95% of the time*

They are more than just "passive dots". Both the perks and downsides should be enforced in this class and hunters. I dont want to be a budget offbrand havoc DH, spriest, or fire mage. I want to be a warlock.
    Last edited by Challenge; 2018-01-29 at 02:02 PM.

me too want to be a warlock , but the idea that I must have a little demon aside for 10/15% damage and utilities... sound for me how the warlock is an incomplete caster

Demons was great once, when felhunter can dispel paladin's stun etc.

But i don't see the problem, there are warlock that love to go with a pet, and warlock like me that love to go without demons
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-01-29 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    I want to be a warlock.
    So do i, and since i've been able to sacrifice my pets since the very start of this game(bar a small interlude), i would like that to stay and actually be viable thanks very much, it is every bit as iconic to the class as summoning them as minions. To say otherwise is your relative viewpoint, if you don't like it that's fine by me, but i am not advocating that you should have to be forced to play with no demon either.

Killing a demon for its power and abilities, for me, is every bit, if not more thematically compelling gameplay than having Gobtrob following me around.

Besides we all know that for 3 expansions now GofSac has not been viable because if it was literally 99% of the community would play over summoned demons, as we saw at the start of MoP, that speaks volumes to me about Warlocks opinions on "Pets"

Personally, I am very much on board with the whole "I am the master here, you're just a tool" sort of fantasy. For that reason, I'd prefer it if Warlock pets didn't have names either - it's just some Felhound I pulled from the Twisting Nether and enslaved. I don't care about its life story. Go, fight. Go, die. Go, be replaced by the next nameless fodder useful only to fuel my own perfection. THAT'S what Warlocks are.

Unlikely to happen in that way, of course. I don't expect paradigm shifts anytime soon, only mechanical/number tweaks. I also expect GoSac to be slightly worse than using a pet, in the spirit of the whole "easier to use means slightly worse" spiel that Blizzard sometimes likes to trod out. Of course, I'm always ready for a positive surprise.

Cant wait to dominate pvp with my void elf affliction warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    you gain also demonic command, without spell lock from a destro warlock perspective i'm feel so naked
    I wonder wether it'll work with Havoc again.

Sure hope so. Double CS was so good in challenge mode, it's gonna be great in m+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I wonder wether it'll work with Havoc again.

Sure hope so. Double CS was so good in challenge mode, it's gonna be great in m+.
    Considering they are reducing the amount of CC I doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Considering they are reducing the amount of CC I doubt it.
    A man can dream

Looking forward to trying it out, pretty excited about having both Sfury and coil or sfury and Demonic Circle again. Nightfall also awesome.
    Not quite sure what the idea is with Soulfire and Chaos Bolt. I'd say that if they're having Soulfire as the biggest nuke on a 4 second cast they should maybe lower the cast time on Cbolt a little bit or giving it a secondary effect to make them more distinct.

They are just "passive dots".
    Fixed.

Hands down the worst feature of a warlock, we have very little synergy with our minions compared with others. Even the water elemental has some interaction with Frost.

Wow, I must admit I am not impressed at demonic empowerment simply having a mana reduction. That was in my experience the least of my worries as a demo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    A man can dream
    No judgement here

10+ Year Old Account
    I said this a few pages back, but how fucking stupid was it for them to make a new talent in destros first tier (soulfire) move erad up, and have it compete with backdraft? I'm super salty about this, unless something insane happens, backdraft will once again be the default, rendering once again a useless tier...fml thanks blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Deimosphobos View Post
    I said this a few pages back, but how fucking stupid was it for them to make a new talent in destros first tier (soulfire) move erad up, and have it compete with backdraft? I'm super salty about this, unless something insane happens, backdraft will once again be the default, rendering once again a useless tier...fml thanks blizz
    improved soulfire lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimosphobos View Post
    This is the very first iteration. Of course things are gonna change. As you can see there's even 3 talents completely missing.