Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda gonna miss Icefury...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Kinda gonna miss Icefury...
    I have mixed feelings about the talent.

First of all, finally another frost spell is very nice flavor wise.

However, the talent always been a bit clunky, despite being made for movement heavy fights, it very often failed to "properly" work there, if you had no maelstrom (which isn't uncommon if you don't play with Aftershock) those Frostshocks still deal pitiful damage despite icefury.

Next to that, it sometimes clogged up the rotation horribly, you still had Icefury stacks left with only a few seconds of the duration running, are about to hit maelstrom cap and get Lava Surge procs - very messy situation.

I would've liked the talent more if it FrS would just cost no maelstrom at all with Icefury, the fact that two legendaries were also solely designed around Earth shock made the talent even more problematic.
    Which is a problem i hope they resolve in BfA if they want to give a FrS an optional place in the rotation - it just feels awkward to have talents / passives around ES being a big pay off moment and then you have buttons that basically delay that.

Also, if you pick Icefury, you have no proper CD as FE is a pitiful CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    snip
    Well I'm more of a PvPer...so being able to use those hard hitting FSs were really nice when one needed to be on the move.

snip
    The best and simple solution imo is to remove the FrS buff duration, while keep the maximum stacks at 4. That way, we can use FrS anytime we want it best. It'd also fulfil the purpose as mobility coverage spell. And it also won't screw up our rotation when our proc going crazy.

Second alpha datamining didn't reveal any significant changes to ele. Except maybe cap totem become baseline. We'll see on the next datamining if icefury will return. And along with GoW hopefully.

Alpha is live, do anybody have new information and clarificattion about our new Talents, spells and so on?

Is any "Elemental" player in the alpha by now?

Also interested to know if the updated lightning bolt/chain lightning animations are on alpha, since they got cut from 7.2. Haven't been able to find a streamer in the alpha who plays elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Well I'm more of a PvPer...so being able to use those hard hitting FSs were really nice when one needed to be on the move.
    Yeah because Frost shock is free in PvP since everyone play with Ice & Fire.

Imagine Icefury if Frost shock would still cost Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Haven't been able to find a streamer in the alpha who plays elemental.
    Yeah nope, streamers only play Tank / Mage / Rogue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-02-08 at 04:58 PM.

if frost shock cost maelstrom it would need to hit twice as hard, and lets say triple lightning bolts damage otherwise remove it from your bars it doesn't do anything except be a really really bad maelstrom generator that you'll fail to pressure anyone or anything with.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

One of the streamers I've been watching played a surv hunter and a WW monk. No ele shaman though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One of the streamers I've been watching played a surv hunter and a WW monk. No ele shaman though
    Perhaps i should change it to "Not Shaman", the class is simply not popular among the more dedicated playerbase.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Perhaps i should change it to "Not Shaman", the class is simply not popular among the more dedicated playerbase.
    Sadly no

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

not popular? because blizzard fucked it, during MoP shaman was one of the most popular classes in the game, there were tons of elemental shamans, then take that fun and utility mobility flexibility CL spam, 2 survival cooldowns.

then play WoD where the game is worse in every conceivable way, i wonder why the class lost popularity, oh then legion it still lacks mobility, utility, survival CL+EQ is still like a 7th rate aoe compared to the very best aoe'rs.

if blizzard continue this path in BfA the shaman population will continue to drop, it'll just be back to vanilla where it's resto or GTFO play a mage stop fucking around with elemental.

If Cdew had alpha id expect him to play Shaman as it's his OG class, but he doesn't have it. The guys that have it say "playing every class" but I cba sitting there for 4hours whilst they play their main to only then forget about the other classes. I've found a few guys stream survival hunter so I've had my fun watching that. I've also seen resto shamans new animations (you look like a waterbender from avatar, it's amazing)

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Are you including the fact LVB crits on targets with flame shock active?
    Yes, I am. All those lovely Lightning Bolt talents more than make up for this. Possibly they won't at low gear levels, but with any sort of gear the only Lava Bursts worth casting will be the instant procs, and with enough gear they could go away too. As it is now, the design is terrible.

bad news: I can confirm that Flameshock and Earthshock both have a six second cooldown - good news: ES and FS do not share their cooldown and have a seperate cooldown

Deleted
    so if any1 is intrested in ele shaman gameplay:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227351410
    If we lost gust of wind we're probably fucked in pvp + there is no chance we gonna get lighting bolt while moving since lighting bolt is hard hitter now

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    If Cdew had alpha id expect him to play Shaman as it's his OG class, but he doesn't have it. The guys that have it say "playing every class" but I cba sitting there for 4hours whilst they play their main to only then forget about the other classes. I've found a few guys stream survival hunter so I've had my fun watching that. I've also seen resto shamans new animations (you look like a waterbender from avatar, it's amazing)
    They changed resto animations even more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjqQ0FLH9i8 For anyone who want to watch how ele in alpha.

Despite his gameplay, I can see that ele is changing a lot on alpha. At least in comparison with what we've got today. FS and ES cd is turning me off big time. Looks like we're gonna have a fucked up target switching issue all over again. But at the near end of the video tho, he tests LvB damage. And it seems that LvB is always deal critical damage despite of not having FS on the target. Wonder if it intended or bugged.

And I was right, ES is no longer act as our nuke spender, rather as an damage amplifier sort for LB (look up for new Fulmination for more info). And it's suck because when you cast ES while you move but cbf to follow it up with LB, it's simply just a waste. The damage itself is literally joke. I can't believe they going this route. To have a top ms spender as dmg amplifier spender instead of a nuker just doesn't feel right.

EQ is broken even more. While you can cast it on the move (when you have 5 stacks empowered CL), you'll need to stand turreting shit with CL to regen MS. Else, the EQ will just drain your MS up for only 3 ticks maybe? And it goes to 15 secs cd. Absolutely ridiculous. As much as I hate stacking endless EQ in a spot today, at least I'm not forced to be station to just maintaining my EQ. And with the cd, EQ can't be replaced as easy when tank move.

It's not an impressive changes to me. But if they can tune the damage properly later on live, then maybe it'd be a good changes.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2018-02-10 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They learned nothing from the moonkin experiment then?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=202770/fury-of-elune

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turning Earth Shock into Colossus Smash seems like a strange choice. It just further confuses the question "what is Ele's big hitter?"

All the talent emphasis on Lightning Bolt with almost none on Lava Burst feels odd as well. Maybe they should turn Lava Burst into the big, chunky maelstrom spender (reducing the cost of Earth Shock a little in the process) so that we don't end up with a TBC lightning-bolt-only rotation.
    Last edited by Staplecrab; 2018-02-10 at 10:58 PM.