Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Not with a powerful resource like Azerite. Then why Anduin didn't called out Sylvanas as soon he learned about the Azerite mining? No, he decided that the Alliance should also do it.

You are saying that Anduin, the most diplomatic character ever in WoW, wasn't diplomatic?
    The decision to mine it and the efforts Gallywix went through to keep it hidden from the Alliance is the reason why diplomacy wasn't an option as soon as the Horde started extracting Azerite. Most of the Horde didn't even know about this actually. To outside observers it is clear the Horde wanted to keep this hidden.

The point I'm making is that, if somebody better was in position of warchief, they could've put a halt to it and informed the appropriate orders and figures. This way it was a clear power grab and naturally the Alliance dives into the power grab themselves to avoid being outmanouvered.

What's worse is that the entirety of the Horde suffers setbacks because the greedy goblin greeded the undead high elf out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blight isn't any worse than fire based weapons. It consumes all on point of impact. That's all. The Alliance used mana bombs at Isle of Thunder. A comparable weapon. They aren't shying away from such tactics. Besides, as far as we know, they start the war once again. After the last war (also started by the Alliance) ended up being detrimental to the Horde the Alliance has no ground to complain about Horde not putting up with their imperialistic bullshit and trying to get them to fuck off for good.

And the biggest event at the start of the war is the burning of Teldrassil with the shard of Gorribal. If that's truly Horde's doing or someone else's actions remains to be seen in the book, but regardless of the real culprit it's safe to say Alliance will believe it to be Horde's doing. Everything else is deescalation from that.
    Not really referring to the Blight in specific, it's just an example of a "Godzilla" type of threshold that opens the doors to an arms-race between the Horde and Alliance (and equal money is down as to whether that's already the case regardless). The Blight is not quite the same as firebombing or incendiary ordinance, either; its effects are more horrific and it also includes an element of fallout in the form of persistent and pernicious after-effects. The comparison to mana bombardment would be more apt, given the destabilizing effects of mana-bombs as seen at Kirin'var Village and later Theramore.

I don't like to speculate too deeply on the origins of the conflict without all the facts available - faction partisanship and pride is already at an all-time high as-is, it seems irrational to go off half-cocked before we know more about the conflict at hand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Blrgghh all this honor talk between both factions is sickening. Saurfang decides to fight to the death and wants to die at the last minute to go by "Lok'tar Ogar?". Alleria, honey, you should've shot that arrow. The Orcs destroyed Quel'thalas. Jaina, Theramore? Genn, Liam? C'mon now. Kill him!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Arthas destroyed quel’thalas
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    when did the orcs destroyed quel'thalas? lol

Also, saurfang showing what a true warchief would do, stay to fight so the people can be save, Sacrifice for his own people, something someone would never do

Knew it. Anduin is going to be picking favorites. "Not all Horde are bad!" he says as he spares Saurfang, is friends with Baine...

Its going to turn into a Sylvanas is the only bad guy here! storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Knew it. Anduin is going to be picking favorites. "Not all Horde are bad!" he says as he spares Saurfang, is friends with Baine...

And he already tried to get the blood elves to join him, so yeah seems he wants to kill just Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    did anyone think different? come on now

I hope that Teldrassil turns into a deadwood fortress for the Forsaken.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

It already blew up in his face trying to do it to the blood elves, and Saurfang is breaking out as well. He should have gone straight to Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It already blew up in his face trying to do it to the blood elves, and Saurfang is breaking out as well. He should have gone straight to Baine.
    If they don't change the warfront in the southern barrens, then he kinda tries the tauren next ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If they don't change the warfront in the southern barrens, then he kinda tries the tauren next ;P
    Thats a strange way to make allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And he already tried to get the blood elves to join him, so yeah seems he wants to kill just Sylvanas.
    Unless he wants to kill her because she is only one who can stop his own evil plan !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats a strange way to make allies.
    Bullshit, anime and jrpgs taught me that if you wanna befriend someone you need to beat them to almost death first.

man if they actually go through with the "Anduin unites the world and we finally have peace!!" storyline i'm gonna vomit

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    man if they actually go through with the "Anduin unites the world and we finally have peace!!" storyline i'm gonna vomit
    That's what I am basically dreading of. Good to see somebody else got his Spidey sense tingled lol.

I was okay with Anduin before but man, he's really walking the line for me. Still too early to worry though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's what I am basically dreading of. Good to see somebody else got his Spidey sense tingled lol.

I was okay with Anduin before but man, he's really walking the line for me. Still too early to worry though.
    Don't worry, thats what will happen to him:

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    ding ding we have a winner!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    when did the orcs destroyed quel'thalas? lol

Also, saurfang showing what a true warchief would do, stay to fight so the people can be save, Sacrifice for his own people, something someone would never do
    If he was the warchief at Brokenshore, there will be no Horde at BFA.
    It is never a good idea for a high commander to throw away his/her life when it can be saved.

One thing about modern game/fantasy is the stupid overuse of "fight in the front/die with soldiers" traits on leaders. Great leaders/commanders in history mostly commanded in a relative safe position away from the front and only engaged when the situation seriously demanded direct action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

What is the point to play "warcraft" when the theme is eternal peace?

Lordaeron certainly looks conquered

It will be interesting to see what they do with Darnassus

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    If he was the warchief at Brokenshore, there will be no Horde at BFA.
    It is never a good idea for a high commander to throw away his/her life when it can be saved.

One thing about modern game/fantasy is the stupid overuse of "fight in the front/die with soldiers" traits on leaders. Great leaders/commanders in history mostly commanded in a relative safe position away from the front and only engaged when the situation seriously demanded direct action.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the point to play "warcraft" when the theme is eternal peace?
    It would've still involved a War. *Cough* The Void/Old Gods *Cough*