Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    the alliance needs to leave my waifu alone...
    ---snip---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-01-27 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Looks like there's a warfront in Arathi and a warfront in Feralas. So neither faction will control either continent completely, contrary to what was said at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Blizzard literally said that the Horde still controls Silverpine and Hillsbrad as well as Quel'thalas, with the Warfront in Arathi being a defensive effort on the Alliance's part to stop the Blood Elves from retaking the Undercity. It's been linked a few times.

So yes, the Alliance IS vulnerable to counter-attacks. That's what actually happens.
    I don't recall Blizzard definitively saying that Silverpine and Hillsbard are controlled by the Horde.

Could you provide a citation? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    I don't recall Blizzard definitively saying that Silverpine and Hillsbard are controlled by the Horde.

Could you provide a citation? Thanks.
    Says it right here, towards the end of the page https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forum:BlizzCon_2017_questions.

It also makes sense. If Sylvanas plagues the Undercity, the Alliance cannot use it as a base of operations, and since they arrived by storming the city directly from the north coast of Teldrassil with little supply lines to speak of, not being able to use this base is a blow to their efforts, thus they can't use the momentum of their victory at the Undercity to sweep the Forsaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    So i guess this means the saturday morning cartoon villain destroys 2 cities while the alliance destroy 0.

That's actually pretty amusing.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The dead should be dead. Think about it for a second, would you be comfortable living among corpses? They have to right to interfere in the world of the living, it's selfish. I'm more curious how you're able to equate the two.
    Uh... Well, if people started dying and coming back as the equivalent of the Forsaken (undead with free will), I'd be cool with it. The only reason they like to kill people is because people like to tell them that they don't have rights. They wanted to join back up with the alliance but were rejected for being "the scourge"

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    How do you even invade Teldrasiil? I mean was Horde supposed to climb that tree so they could conquer it honorably? That would probably result in instant loss for the Horde.

Also we still don't know what exactly happens in that whole Teldrassil scenario, so this is probably discussion best left for later.
    Flying mounts damn it! And Zeppelins!!

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell. Why no chase Windrunner in banshee form or something.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Says it right here, towards the end of the page https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forum:BlizzCon_2017_questions.

It also makes sense. If Sylvanas plagues the Undercity, the Alliance cannot use it as a base of operations, and since they arrived by storming the city directly from the north coast of Teldrassil with little supply lines to speak of, not being able to use this base is a blow to their efforts, thus they can't use the momentum of their victory at the Undercity to sweep the Forsaken.
    I see. Thanks. But...

That doesn't seem to make an awful lot of sense. Of all people, the whole reason the Alliance fortifies Stromguard and tries to control Arathi is to ... prevent the Blood Elves from taking Undercity? What?

Had they said the Plaguelands ... that would've made a lot more sense, but even then the Blood Elves are pretty small in numbers.

Well ... they did say this, so I'll just assume it's sloppy notes/miscommunication until BfA actually comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    My guess is the blood elves counter attacking through the hinterlands and try to cut of reinforcements. There is a road from plaguelands to athari.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Jaina is at Lordaeron
    Sylvanas plagues the entire Undercity
    Sylvanas flees Lordaeron and gets pursued by the Alliance in a gyrocopter.
    Talanji, Zul and Saurfang get captured by the Alliance.
    We rescue them and get taken to Zuldazar
    King Rastakhan wants his daughter to prove herself
    Why would we rescue Zul? The Zandarali troll to allied with known enemies of us, tried to harness a gods power and sided with the Thunder King?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    My guess is the blood elves counter attacking through the hinterlands and try to cut of reinforcements. There is a road from plaguelands to athari.
    From what we saw in the trailer, the Horde base in Arathi is a bunch of Orc buildings and Orcs.

So I'm skeptical until then.

I see. Thanks. But...

That doesn't seem to make an awful lot of sense. Of all people, the whole reason the Alliance fortifies Stromguard and tries to control Arathi is to ... prevent the Blood Elves from taking Undercity? What?

Had they said the Plaguelands ... that would've made a lot more sense, but even then the Blood Elves are pretty small in numbers.

Well ... they did say this, so I'll just assume it's sloppy notes/miscommunication until BfA actually comes out.

My guess is that Stormgarde is the Alliance's primary staging area in Lordaeron after they find the Undercity unusable. The Blood Elves (assisted by other Horde forces such as the PCs I'm sure) know that they can't just go back to UC and set up shop with a major enemy presence so near and thus attempt to kick them out first.

Or who knows, maybe things will change from here to release. But I'm pretty sure Blizzard said that not all of Lordaeron will be phased, which also supports the theory that the Alliance doesn't take all of it, at least at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for all the Sylvanas fanbois who called her so brave and strong in the first cinematic....this is exactly what they claimed she isn't doing...just using the Horde. Used the Horde as meat shields and left Saurfang to get captured while she runs away like a coward...just like she ran away at the broken shore....with her tail between her legs like a coward.

Only cares about herself...so painfully obvious but the fainbois will have you think different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So much for all the Sylvanas fanbois who called her so brave and strong in the first cinematic....this is exactly what they claimed she isn't doing...just using the Horde. Used the Horde as meat shields and left Saurfang to get captured while she runs away like a coward...just like she ran away at the broken shore....with her tail between her legs like a coward.

Only cares about herself...so painfully obvious but the fainbois will have you think different
    Vol'jin clearly ordered the retreat. But ok.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Hammerfall has always been in Arathi, it's not inconceivable they could bolster some defences in Arathi from there then get more reinforcement's from Hellscream's base in the Twilight Highlands. The fact its orc buildings doesn't mean much.
    Yes, but ... "The whole point of the warfront in Arathi is to keep the Blood Elves from taking Undercity back." If that's the whole point then that would imply that the Blood Elves are the major fighting force there (ignoring Hammerfall and the many now displaced Forsaken). Now that I reread the quote, I'm pretty sure either the dev meant Undead but said Blood Elves or the interviewer wrote down Blood Elves instead of Undead. Replace that first sentence with this and it makes much more sense: "The whole point of the warfront in Arathi is to keep the Forsaken from taking Undercity back."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    As much as I detest Sylvanas and hate defending her bitch ass, she didn't 'run away' at the Broken Shore. The Horde was getting murdered (always fun) and Vol'jin told her to order a retreat as he was passing out from a gut full of felblade. She looked around, saw Thrall go down, saw the demons pewping all over the Horde and ordered a retreat on a ridge that no one could see over from the Alliance vantage point. The Legion force over the ridge was visibly larger than the one the Alliance faced and it was all by *Legion design* due to the whole feeding false intel to the Alliance which was probably shared with the Horde for the purposes of countering the Legion. anyway.
    Victory or death! Or so they say. :-p

Yeah but the blood elves sure like orc buildings now dont they

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Yeah but the blood elves sure like orc buildings now dont they
    They'd prefer it to Human buildings popping up near Quel'thalas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Blood elves love to zug-zug through orcish architecture. And then the night elves are called the human sidekicks lol

I'm happy the blood elves aknowledge their masters in the Horde though by waging war from orcish barracks.