Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    I can't switch any of my pet's specs on beta, anyone else getting this? I hope it's just a bug cause I'd hate for my pets to be permanently locked into tanking/dps/pvp mode come BFA.
    Pet Specs are now locked to the pet types, so Turtles are all Tenacity, Dogs/Cats are all Ferocity, Birds are Cunning, etc.

The only major difference between specs is the passive both you and your pet get (Leech, Stamina, and Speed respectively to F/T/C), as well as a utility cooldown your pet grants you (Heroism/Blood Lust, Damage Reduction, or Master's Call, again respective to F/T/C). The pets themselves can tank/damage like any other with slight differences, like turtles being able to tank a bit better cuz of Shell Shield, but no more do you HAVE to have a Tenacity pet for tanking.

... at least that's what was said and intended, but I don't see any passives like Blood of the Rhino or Barbed Collar on the pet spellbook so idk.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I can't switch any of my pet's specs on beta, anyone else getting this? I hope it's just a bug cause I'd hate for my pets to be permanently locked into tanking/dps/pvp mode come BFA.

Yes unfortunately this is not a bug but well and truly intended

That aside, I don't play BM or Survival so I can't compare them. But I'm a lot happier with how MM is shaping up, it's overall much, much better. The only major complaint I'd have right now is that the cast time for aimed shot is ridiculously long. MM isn't as good as it has been in the past, but by far this is much better than what Legion gave us.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Pet Specs are now locked to the pet types, so Turtles are all Tenacity, Dogs/Cats are all Ferocity, Birds are Cunning, etc.

The only major difference between specs is the passive both you and your pet get (Leech, Stamina, and Speed respectively to F/T/C), as well as a utility cooldown your pet grants you (Heroism/Blood Lust, Damage Reduction, or Master's Call, again respective to F/T/C). The pets themselves can tank/damage like any other with slight differences, like turtles being able to tank a bit better cuz of Shell Shield, but no more do you HAVE to have a Tenacity pet for tanking.

... at least that's what was said and intended, but I don't see any passives like Blood of the Rhino or Barbed Collar on the pet spellbook so idk.
    Ugh. I don't like that at all.

Oh well, I hope they're able to make it work like they're claiming it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    It feels like Survival is losing its identity as melee to some ranged arrow cross-DoTing like MM used to do

You mean ranged arrow cross-DoTing like SV used to do....

Survival is fun, simple yet effective. Strong single target and aoe is fine? Could do with maybe a little more but vipers venom helps out hydras bite and wildifre.

BM is very dull to play, in my opinion.

MM is painful. Literally find myself dozing off during aimed shot casts.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that just making Aimed 2,5s cast time base (down from 3) and maybe -0,5s cast from Steady would do miracles, along with making AiS recharge scale with haste. Suggested that in-game and on EU beta forums as well, though I guess most believe EU forums don't matter...

I mean, leveling as MM so far is easy. Double tap, Aimed, loot. Out of that: Aimed, Arcane (sometimes twice if none of the first two crit), loot.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    You mean ranged arrow cross-DoTing like SV used to do....
    It's almost embarrassing how similar the new SV is to the old ranged SV. Only with a melee weapon instead of a bow.

I feel like the only thing stopping them from just saying: "Ok we tried, but it didn't work out; we're making it a ranged spec again" is their damn pride.

Ugh. I don't like that at all.

Oh well, I hope they're able to make it work like they're claiming it will.
    This might help: http://eyesofthebeast.com/2018/04/gu...th/#more-87476 ...

Personally using a Core Hound when BM as it has now gained its own equivalent of the turtle shield and the sheer amount of leech you gain makes up for health lost from Tenacity pet.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

My Aimed Shots does not bounce to other targets after I use multishot. Does somebody have the same bug?

Are you hitting enough targets? I think it's like 3+

Yeah. I shoot dummies in Zundalar or whatever the city. I get the s buff that tells that it should but AiS still hit 1 target.

Update. Apperantly it does not work on dummies for some reason XD
    Last edited by Ifritlol; 2018-05-13 at 11:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It might be that the dummies have small hitbox and thus don't fall into the bounce distance

i hope we are getting more stable slots or a new stable system.
    i have 1(maybe 2) slot left on my main hunter.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    hey is Sv in bfa now better to play as in legion?

Surv hunt in BfA good in PvE/PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i hope we are getting more stable slots or a new stable system.
    i have 1(maybe 2) slot left on my main hunter.
    I'm in the same boat as you, last time Blizz add stable slots was in Cata I guess, some people will say that you can only use 5 pets at time, why bother collect more? Because its fun, same logic will go with mounts - you can only ride 1 at time.

Blizz can totally go for something like this:
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hunter-pets/
    A journal just like the battle pets, with all the color variants, and when you go to stable master, you can pick five to carry on

i don't know if i like the changes yet

Not sure how impressive that's going to be.