Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Is this still a thing? I experienced the Fel Rush D/C all the time back in 7.1.5, resubbed after 7.3.2 dropped and have not experienced it once since.
    Happened to me 2-3 weeks ago in a normal raid. once in like a year for me but yes its still there. If its still there, someone is getting dc'ed every other fel rush at some point.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

try to felrush or cast eyebeam in the moment you land from a double jump, almost guaranteed DC

Dont hold your breath on Felrush being without charges or cd. Its 100% a datamine thing and we are not getting infinite rushes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Is this still a thing? I experienced the Fel Rush D/C all the time back in 7.1.5, resubbed after 7.3.2 dropped and have not experienced it once since.
    It is. I find myself getting hit by it the most in BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

so they wont let our class have more than 2-3 dps buttons?)

havoc is actually so boring and pathetic now, even the demonic version

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    It is. I find myself getting hit by it the most in BGs.
    You will only dc (though, i have 100% reproduce rate on this) if you are rooted by a mage/druid and either come out of the root and cant move forward, double jump and you will dc. Also if you get rooted mid double jump, you will get stuck but still be able to double jump, but double jumping in the root will dc you. Basically if you get rooted but cant move forward even after the root ends, stop trying to move, stand still, then go again. Its some fucked up bug with the mage root that hits dh the hardest because double jumping will dc us during it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    You will only dc (though, i have 100% reproduce rate on this) if you are rooted by a mage/druid and either come out of the root and cant move forward, double jump and you will dc. Also if you get rooted mid double jump, you will get stuck but still be able to double jump, but double jumping in the root will dc you. Basically if you get rooted but cant move forward even after the root ends, stop trying to move, stand still, then go again. Its some fucked up bug with the mage root that hits dh the hardest because double jumping will dc us during it.
    As a flag carrier this angers me.

I wish they'd just fix the damn bug(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    As a flag carrier this angers me.

I wish they'd just fix the damn bug(s).
    I am FC as well, but it's better to do this than DC and lose the game

Deleted
    I love the changes a lot.
    I love the Aura and that they remove bloodlet, it never fit with the class i think the Aura instead fits in my class fantasy perfectly.

Only 2 talents make me a bit sad the lvl 99 and the 108. Why?

lvl 99 because i wish so much that we get Felblade as a class ability without talent. This choices are a real hard decision for me. Felblade is a amazing gap closer and a ability that fits perfect to Dh dd and tank spec for me. But Demonic Apetite (and this talent needs the cd reduction from the weapon) and Blindfury are both amazing talents for my playstyle. Because i love Demonic with a lot of heal.

lvl 108 because Master of glaive gets nerfed the ability to slow 2 targets was amazing in arena. Also that Chaos Nova gets nerfed and the talent is still realy weak i think. Fel eruption sounds good.

Maybe ( i know the chance is 0) if fel rush realy has only 1 sec cd and no charges we dont need a slow. For me it sounds perfect but i think a lot of other classes would cry. We are the fastest class but with this changes we could be faster than rogues and monks and everything else in the wow universe.

I also hope the souls heal for 25% in arena. We need a ability to heal us up out of meta in arena if the lame builds(with Dots from bloodlet and hold enemys on distance till the heal debuff plays for us) isnt a option in BfA.
    Last edited by mmoc4c7c183171; 2018-02-02 at 08:15 PM.

Demonic Appetite Chaos Strike has a 25% chance to spawn a Lesser Soul Fragment, and consuming any Soul Fragment grants 30 Fury. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 99 Talent.Approximately 6 procs per minute.
    Dont you guys think 6 procs per minute is kinda low?

Maybe, but we are nowhere near the time when these talents are going to be balanced.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Are demon hunters getting 2H option? The Dark Slash tooltip puzzled me. I do hope that Momentum ends up a viable option again, that was hands down the most fun version of Havoc that's existed so far, zipping around and aiming not to land in bad.

I saw that and checked, and it seems to be the same weapon requirements that are on most of our abilities.

I recall seeing this during the Legion Beta as well. I think it was pondered that we might have had a two handed Staff/Polearm option in early (Pre Legion Alpha) development, with the Scythe of Souls (carried by our Champion, Allari) as a likely Artifact weapon, either for an early version of Vengeance, or a scrapped third spec. That's all guesswork though, so /shrug/. I wouldn't mind seeing the option open up now that we are no longer bound by Artifact weapon limitations, but I'm also not really expecting it.
    Last edited by Orloth; 2018-02-09 at 01:38 AM.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

If they add a 25% slow on throw glaive baseline we will be perfect in PvP. Make master of the glaive slow 75% and maybe hit more targets and there's actually a decent choice.

Im so dissapointed that basically noone plays DH in alpha. Cant find anything on twitch and YT. So many new threads in other class forums about changes to gameplay nad DH forum is basically almost dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The people complaining about the changes to CS forget just how high 40% actually is. Also, the fact that won't be crit dependent is a HHUUGGEE boon. They have to be careful not to proc to high, lest they have to reduce the amount of fury you get.. which will then lead to complaints about "it happens more often, but I get less.. problem is still same". I don't think the solution to DH problems is removing all RNG and making us, essentially, leather-wearing warriors.

As long as the 40% is actually 40%, i am ok with this.. Especially since they included ways to increase fury gen in the talent tree itself. Something that was SORELY missing in Legion. The fact that they did not have one is THE CHIEF reason that Anger was the first and last MANDATORY legendary for Havoc.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    26010 Alpha Changes
    • Talents
    • Dark Slash Slash an enemy for (153% of weapon damage [*68.85% of Attack Power*) Physical damage, and increase the damage your Chaos Strike deals to them by 40% for 8 sec. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 106 Talent. Melee range. Instant.
    • Feast of Souls Soul Cleave heals you for an additional [*50.4% [*39.31% of Attack Power*] over 6 sec. Vengeance Demon Hunter - Level 100 Talent.
    • Fel Barrage Unleash a torrent of Fel energy over 3 sec, inflicting [*520% [*405.6% of Attack Power*] Chaos damage to all enemies within 8 yds. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 102 Talent. Instant.
    • Fel Devastation Unleash the fel within you, damaging enemies directly in front of you for [*199.5% [*155.6% of Attack Power*] Fire damage over 2 sec. Causing damage also heals you for up to [*525% [*409.5% of Attack Power*] health. Vengeance Demon Hunter - Level 108 Talent. 20 yd range. 2 sec cast (Channeled).
    • Fel Eruption Impales the target for [*42% [*32.76% of Attack Power*] Chaos damage and stuns them for 4 sec. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 108 Talent. 10 Fury / 10 Pain. 20 yd range. Instant.
    • Felblade (Havoc) Charge to your target and deal (190% 0% of weapon damage) Fire damage.
    • Felblade (Vengeance) Charge to your target and deal (190% 0% of weapon damage) Fire damage.
    • Fracture Rapidly slash your target for (457% 0% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and shatter 2 Lesser Soul Fragments from them. Generates 25 Pain. 2 charges. Vengeance Demon Hunter - Level 104 Talent. Melee range. Instant. 4.5 sec recharge. 2 charges.
    • Immolation Aura Engulf yourself in flames, instantly causing [*31.5% [*24.57% of Attack Power*] Fire damage to enemies within 8 yards and radiating [*11.76% [*9.17% of Attack Power*] Fire damage every sec. Lasts 10 sec. Generates 80 Fury over 10 sec. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 100 Talent. Instant.
    • Soul Barrier Shield yourself for 12 sec, absorbing [*1,000% [*600% of Attack Power * Percent Health*] damage. Consumes all Soul Fragments within 25 yds to add [*200% [*120% of Attack Power * Percent Health*] to the shield per fragment. Vengeance Demon Hunter - Level 110 Talent. Instant.
    • Spirit Bomb Consume up to 3 Soul Fragments within 25 yds and then explode, afflicting nearby enemies with Frailty for 20 sec and damaging them for [*28.35% [*22.11% of Attack Power*] Fire per fragment. You heal for 10% of all damage you deal to enemies with Frailty. Vengeance Demon Hunter - Level 108 Talent. 30 Pain. 40 yd range. Instant.
    • Trail of Ruin The final slash of Blade Dance inflicts an additional [*48% [*37.44% of Attack Power*] Chaos damage over 4 sec. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 102 Talent.

PvP Talents
    • Demonic Trample You enter Metamorphosis, moving at 200% increased speed for 8 sec, knocking down all enemies in your path and dealing [*13.23% [*10.32% of Attack Power*] Physical damage. During Demonic Trample you are unaffected by snares but cannot cast spells or use your normal attacks. Vengeance DemonHunter - Tier 5 PvP Talent. Instant.
    • Illidan's Grasp You strangle the target with demonic magic, dangling them in place for 6 sec. Use Illidan's Grasp again to toss the target to a location within 40 yards, stunning them and all nearby enemies for 3 sec and dealing [*13.23% [*10.32% of Attack Power*] Shadow damage. Vengeance DemonHunter - Tier 5 PvP Talent. 10 yd range. Instant.

Havoc
    • Chaos Strike Slice your target for (267% 0% of weapon damage) Chaos damage. Chaos Strike has a 40% chance to refund 20 Fury. Demon Hunter - Havoc Spec.
    • Demon's Bite Quickly attack for (129% of weapon damage [*58.05% of Attack Power*) Physical damage. Generates 20 to 40 Fury. Demon Hunter - Havoc Spec. Melee range. Instant.

Vengeance
    • Demon Spikes Surge with fel power, increasing your Armor by 80% of your Agiliry, and youy Agility, and your Parry chance by 15%, for 6 sec. 2 charges. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. Instant. 20 sec recharge. 2 charges.
    • Immolation Aura Engulf yourself in flames, instantly causing [*31.5% [*24.57% of Attack Power*] Fire damage to enemies within 8 yards and radiating [*11.76% [*9.17% of Attack Power*] Fire damage every sec. Lasts 6 sec. Generates 20 Pain over 6 sec. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.
    • Infernal Strike Leap through the air toward a targeted location, dealing [*39.9% [*31.12% of Attack Power*] Fire damage to all enemies within 6 yards. 2 charges. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 20 sec recharge. 2 charges.
    • Shattered Souls Killing a target will sometimes shatter their soul, leaving a Soul Fragment behind for 20 sec. The Soul Fragment will be consumed when you approach it, healing you for [*446.25% [*348.08% of Attack Power*] health. Consuming a Lesser Soul Fragment heals you for 8% of all damage taken in the last 5 sec, minimum 1% of maximum health. Consuming a Demon's soul will grant you 20% increased damage for 15 sec. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec.
    • Shear Shears an enemy for (115% of weapon damage [*51.75% of Attack Power*) Physical damage, and shatters a Lesser Soul Fragment from your target. Generates 10 Pain. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. Melee range. Instant.
    • Sigil of Flame Place a Sigil of Flame at the target location that activates after 2 sec. Deals [*33.6% [*26.21% of Attack Power*] Fire damage, and an additional [*33.39% [*26.04% of Attack Power*] Fire damage over 6 sec, to all enemies affected by the sigil. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
    • Soul Cleave Viciously strike all enemies in front of you for (93% 1% of weapon damage) Physical damage and heal yourself for [*100% [*58.5% of Attack Power*]. Consumes up to 3 Soul Fragments within 25 yds. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. 30 Pain. Melee range. Instant.
    • Throw Glaive Throw a demonic glaive at the target, dealing (45% of weapon damage [*20.25% of Attack Power*) Physical damage. The glaive can ricochet to 2 additional enemies within 10 yards. Generates high threat. Demon Hunter - Vengeance Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.

it looks and plays pretty fuckin terrible to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Im so dissapointed that basically noone plays DH in alpha. Cant find anything on twitch and YT. So many new threads in other class forums about changes to gameplay nad DH forum is basically almost dead
    The keystone feature of the expansion is the allied races.

Neither DK or DH are getting popular ones (dark iron is a joke race, nobody plays dwarves and alliance DK's won't get much in forms of race variety for DK out of it since they already have dwarf DK's).

They also announced they weren't doing major class changes like in Legion.

So the two things that could give you a fresh new experience as a class are not happening.

And you are surprised people are not playing DH?

You are losing rage of the illidari, eyebeam cd reduction from souls, demonic appetite now competes with the eyebeam talent and nemesis competes with demonic. So the string of synergistic talents that made the beloved demonic build is getting gutted.

But hey, you gain garbage like dark slash which recycles the sword slash animation with purple tint because they were too lazy to make a unique animation for DH. And you get vengeance DH's boring immolation aura.

None of the core DH issues are fixed.

Throw glaive and blade dance not benefitting from mastery being one of the reasons why our aoe sucks (especially now that rage of the illidari is gone for burst aoe).

We lost our aoe stun for a garbage aoe disorient that breaks on damage.

And our rotation didn't really get any more interesting. Meta is a whopping 4 min cd, and because demonic appetite now competes with eyebeam enhancement, and we no longer gain eyebeam cd reduction from souls, the demonic build now suffers even less meta uptime.

Our leech from meta was gutted while not giving us any external means of survival to compensate.

Every time new spell changes are posted, all I see are nerfs. Looks like Vengeance took a self healing and damage output nerf with the notes posted just above...