Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    SV in vanilla was never a 'melee' spec. It had melee abilities but that was solely to enable the hunter to control their opponent so they could get to range faster. It was more of the PvP spec although it didn't do that well either, compared to MM/SV hybrid.
    Uh huh, 3 yr old account who obviously never played vanilla.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Uh huh, 3 yr old account who obviously never played vanilla.
    Umm...you're deciding my current 3-year account on MMO Champion (second account btw,I would be over 10 years by now) is representative of how long I have played WoW? LOL. That's cute. Hunter was my main in vanilla. I still have my Rhok/Lhok in my bank.

All the 'melee' abilities in vanilla for hunters didn't make any hunter specs melee specs. All those abilities were for cc'ing, slowing with wing clip, raptor strike, and getting back to range.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    melee was NEVER a intended viable option for hunter, and if you claim otherwise you're lying, it was intended as a replacement for the induced weakness of our ranged weapon's minimum range so that while we won't have our high damage attacks we'll have utility attacks to use on people until we get away and switch back to the ranged.
    Huh, I never claimed that, I was just answering to the obvious baloney stating some guy was out of ammo during Deathwing fight. I myself am maining the hunter since 1.7 and absolutely second the notion that SV tree did not make hunter a melees spec.

All the 'melee' abilities in vanilla for hunters didn't make any hunter specs melee specs. All those abilities were for cc'ing, slowing with wing clip, raptor strike, and getting back to range.[/QUOTE]

I am for sure not going to judge you on your account Anyways, while you may be partly correct, whenever I dust off my WoW Bradygames guide book (oh the memories) the talent tree clearly shows that Survival hunters get, oh boy, a melee bleed as their final talent. No, Wyvern Sting was not it on release. As of 1.12 sure, but not initially. I think it's fair to say that survival hunters were in fact intended as a melee or hybrid heavily-leaning-on-melee spec.

Convince me otherwise

Cheers from a fellow keeper of Rhok and Lok
    Surprisingly Secret & Supremely Salacious Signature

Quote Originally Posted by theossy View Post
    All the 'melee' abilities in vanilla for hunters didn't make any hunter specs melee specs. All those abilities were for cc'ing, slowing with wing clip, raptor strike, and getting back to range.
    I am for sure not going to judge you on your account Anyways, while you may be partly correct, whenever I dust off my WoW Bradygames guide book (oh the memories) the talent tree clearly shows that Survival hunters get, oh boy, a melee bleed as their final talent. No, Wyvern Sting was not it on release. As of 1.12 sure, but not initially. I think it's fair to say that survival hunters were in fact intended as a melee or hybrid heavily-leaning-on-melee spec.

Convince me otherwise

Cheers from a fellow keeper of Rhok and Lok[/QUOTE]

It was likely that during development Survival was intended to be a melee spec. It was similar for Priests who had a melee spec in development but had it removed, and you can see that in having some cloth armour having strength and agility on it. The devs probably couldn't figure out what to do with it in time so just left it in with minimal changes.
    RETH