Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Explosives Affix

An orb that literally can't be 1shot by most healer abilities (except hpals), cannot be macro targeted with /tar(Great job on this, now why are shaman totems in pvp still macro targetable?), spawns completely randomly, spawns from the most random of adds (even if u cant attack them), dealing GLOBAL 50% max hp damage (unless LoS'ed).
    Reports so far are CoS last boss's images spawning orbs, invisible mephistoroth on cathedral p2 spawning orb (and flyby bats), wall of ghosts in VoW spawning orbs...
    I sincerely wish pug groups all the best for this week.

Suggested fix: (Pick any)
    Reduce Radius of explosion to 5-10 yards
    Reduce damage of explosion to 10%, multiple explosions stackingly increase damage taken from orbs for 5s to up to 50%
    Increase health by 30%, lose their 'totem' status and can be hit by AoE
    Reduce health of orb to 1/5/50 (To be 1-shottable)
    Reduce frequency of spawning (Instead of 5s, 12s - 15s)
    Set a cap on number of spawnable orbs every tick to 2

MUST FIX (Like seriously)
    Spawning from the most stupid of un-targetable stuff (Like mephistoroth that is hidden under the floor or something, and walls of ghost-felsong in VoW, CoS melandrus images)
    Orbs being so small and unclickable under massive adds (or cluster of adds)

Please leave comments on what you think of this terrible affix that clearly didn't get testing in PTR (or feedback was ignored in favor of 'it works')

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

The affix is broken.
    We should be able to AOE the orbs it has to be a bug. and it shouldn't have the same bugs that're already patched from volcanic blizzard u dbags

edit: phrasing
    Last edited by Angrox; 2017-04-04 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    The affix is broken.
    The explosive orbs should be cleavable it has to be a bug. and it shouldn't be treated like volcanic blizzard u lazy fuck coders.
    It's intended you single target them. Don't kill too much at the same time.

I think not being cleave-able is intended (albeit incredibly annoying). Blizzard just needs to apply the correct modifiers (same as volcanic) so that random things in instances don't completely destroy the group with 10+ orbs.

Perfect fix would be spawning it 50 yards away from group and make it attackable only by melee as well as dealing damage only to them (excluding tank). Ranged need their own week too.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

It's shit cos it's an affix that basically makes marksman hunters not viable from M+7 onwards
    Well guess i'll rejoin the rest of the MM hunts in dungeons come next week.

What strategies to we have to counter it?

Arcane shot?
    I wonder if there's a reason to play survival now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's intended you single target them. Don't kill too much at the same time.
    Every dungeon has a pack with 5+ mobs, not feasible.
    Last edited by Angrox; 2017-04-04 at 06:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So just got a firsthand report from a group that did CoS13. The best description for this is "It WAS a 3 chest"
    "It's like trying to fix a sinking ship that is full of holes and water. You're repairing the holes as fast as you can, but 30 seconds later the ship just sinks"
    Accurate report that should probably get the same feeling from any brave people attempting CoS this week till its fixed

Note: They had 12 orbs spawn within 5s 30s into the fight, sounds like a gr8 affix.

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

It's shit cos it's an affix that basically makes marksman hunters not viable from M+7 onwards
    Well guess i'll rejoin the rest of the MM hunts in dungeons come next week.

What strategies to we have to counter it?

Arcane shot?
    I wonder if there's a reason to play survival now.
    Wut, MM hunters are great for dealing with it, and yes, just arcane shot it. It's 1 shot if you crit, 2 without, once you get to much higher ones (13+) sure it'll get a bit harder to do, but you have more than 1 person switch then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    So just got a firsthand report from a group that did CoS13. The best description for this is "It WAS a 3 chest"
    "It's like trying to fix a sinking ship that is full of holes and water. You're repairing the holes as fast as you can, but 30 seconds later the ship just sinks"
    Accurate report that should probably get the same feeling from any brave people attempting CoS this week till its fixed

Note: They had 12 orbs spawn within 5s 30s into the fight, sounds like a gr8 affix.
    We had the same on the 10 we did, still 1 shot the boss just cause we had so much dmg in the grp. But once he hit 10% hp I felt like I couldn't do anything but target the orbs to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Wut, MM hunters are great for dealing with it, and yes, just arcane shot it. It's 1 shot if you crit, 2 without, once you get to much higher ones (13+) sure it'll get a bit harder to do, but you have more than 1 person switch then.

- - - Updated - - -

We had the same on the 10 we did, still 1 shot the boss just cause we had so much dmg in the grp. But once he hit 10% hp I felt like I couldn't do anything but target the orbs to keep up.
    Maybe on a +7, but I could never 1shot it on a +10.
    two-three GCDS is all you get before it explodes.
    And mind you whilst ur killing these orbs you deal no dmg to mobs, so the orb output isn't slowing down.
    Feel so useless again this M+ affix

the +10 i did was VotW, needless to say the key was depleted as it's impossible with two melee (and probably even as impossible with 3 ranged) on the last boss.
    Last edited by Angrox; 2017-04-04 at 07:07 PM.

It's an utterly broken affix. For it to stay as is there needs to be some sort of reduced proc rate on larger pulls, currently anything more than 6 or so mobs is just an inevitable wipe and just painfully slow because every DPS (and the healer and tank) is having to hard swap to a target with 250k HP. The pack before the hallway in HoV with Teeming wiped our group (8/10M raiders) 4 times until we just used Heroism on it.

Considering we already have 2 affixes designed at stopping large pulls (Bolstering and Necrotic) I don't see why we need a third. I personally think it'd be much better off if they had significantly more HP and were damaged by cleave as normal mobs are.

VotW last boss the walls summon orbs everywhere. I don't think it'd be doable without a class such as Moonkin who can just 1shot them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSb...ature=youtu.be

Maybe on a +7, but I could never 1shot it on a +10.
    two-three GCDS is all you get before it explodes.
    And mind you whilst ur killing these orbs you deal no dmg to mobs, so the orb output isn't slowing down.
    Feel so useless again this M+ affix

the +10 i did was VotW, needless to say the key was depleted as it's impossible with two melee (and probably even as impossible with 3 ranged) on the last boss.
    I 1 shot it on the 10 I did when I crit, and 2 shot it every other time. Also it's a 6 second cast, you can cast at it 5 times (4 giving room for reaction speed and travel time)

Why was the last Votw boss so hard? Do each of the people on the walls cause them to spawn? Because if it's just the boss I don't see the issue.

The affix sucks, not fun at all, but you can make do.

So what you lose some overall dmg, if you can handle orbs, and let the other dps tunnel, your total dps is better off for it and you'll clear faster.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the guys video above. I see why last boss vault is a bitch lmao, last boss CoS is the same deal. That shit is buggy as.

It's really easy. Click on them, use an ability, they die. They can't be AOE'd, but they have almost no health. Don't confuse "something you have to deal with" with "something which is hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I 1 shot it on the 10 I did when I crit, and 2 shot it every other time. Also it's a 6 second cast, you can cast at it 5 times (4 giving room for reaction speed and travel time)

Why was the last Votw boss so hard? Do each of the people on the walls cause them to spawn? Because if it's just the boss I don't see the issue.

The affix sucks, not fun at all, but you can make do.

So what you lose some overall dmg, if you can handle orbs, and let the other dps tunnel, your total dps is better off for it and you'll clear faster.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the guys video above. I see why last boss vault is a bitch lmao, last boss CoS is the same deal. That shit is buggy as.
    I could never one shot them. it'd take two arcane shots
    Last boss every single add in the wall had an explosive proc chance, similiar to volcanic before it was patched.
    Yes it does suck.
    The votw i did with two DKs seem to be able to do dps and focus the orbs.
    As for the hunters cleave, it'd be much better for other classes to tunnel the orbs.
    yup cnfrmd buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    It's really easy. Click on them, use an ability, they die. They can't be AOE'd, but they have almost no health. Don't confuse "something you have to deal with" with "something which is hard".
    Lol

I could never one shot them. it'd take two arcane shots
    Last boss every single add in the wall had an explosive proc chance, similiar to volcanic before it was patched.
    Yes it does suck.
    The votw i did with two DKs seem to be able to do dps and focus the orbs.
    As for the hunters cleave, it'd be much better for other classes to tunnel the orbs.
    yup cnfrmd buggy.

Lol
    ofc it's better in most cases for other ranged specs to do the orbs, but if you don't have that option, we can do it fine.

Would DoT classes reign supreme against this affix?
    e.g. Spriest?

No, you need to kill them quickly, and they have very little health. Melee are good, as are frost mages (ice lance). Tanks are okay but generally don't do enough damage in a single attack. Just did a 10 CoS, we did a total of 32 mil damage to the orbs, out of 2126 mil, that's just over 1% of the total damage for the dungeon. If you react quickly and hit them with something instant they'll die.

Did a 13 votw today. Wiped once on the last boss. During the wall phase the orbs will only spawn if someone gets hit by a wall.

Deleted
    What affixes did you Americans have yesterday? (want to check if EU will have the explosive tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    What affixes did you Americans have yesterday? (want to check if EU will have the explosive tomorrow).
    Last week we had Raging, Volcanic, Tyrannical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranxie View Post
    Last week we had Raging, Volcanic, Tyrannical.
    Same as us, interesting. Then we'll probably have the same affixes as you tomorrow.

Is it teeming, explosive orb, skittish?