Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BFA: Aimed shot instant?

tell me its true? please someone confirm that.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Unless there was a build I didn't see it is still 3 sec cast I believe

Marksmanship

Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [*275% of weapon damage * mult* 0;] Physical damage. Damage increased by 50% against a target you have not yet damaged. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

listed under their last build notes on the main page from the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Marksmanship

Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals [*275% of weapon damage * mult* 0;] Physical damage. Damage increased by 50% against a target you have not yet damaged. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

listed under their last build notes on the main page from the 9th
    ... the tooltip is clearly not correct since a) there exist up-to-date tooltips with the correct 3-second cast and b) you can look up gameplay videos from the alpha which have Aimed Shot as a 3-second cast.

Currently on the alpha AS is a 3 second cast, 2 charges and 12 sec cd.

eh, it was making me get my hopes up.. it would have played similar to old survival.. you know.. mobile and fun. i guess its still not bad now that you arent spamming it while having to pay attention to vuln. would still much prefer old sv though.

Doubtful, it'll be a 2 second generator with a 3 second spender. 5 seconds to cast 2 spells, how joyful.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    eh, it was making me get my hopes up.. it would have played similar to old survival.. you know.. mobile and fun. i guess its still not bad now that you arent spamming it while having to pay attention to vuln. would still much prefer old sv though.
    There was far more to old Survival than just being mobile.

15+ Year Old Account
    3 second cast to keep Hunters more in line with casters?
    I really do hope out focus generator becomes instant.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    3 second cast to keep Hunters more in line with casters?
    I really do hope out focus generator becomes instant.
    It isn't. Steady shot is a cast, but can be done in movement.

Rapid Fire is a channel, generates focus as well, castable in movement.

Quick Shot is instant, focus dumper.

The only thing that you have to stay still to cast is AiS.

I suppose Rapid Fire is a nice addition. I imagine we would only ever Quick shot when we're on the move, close to capping focus and can't stand still for 3+seconds to AiS... Not too bothered about that... I still hate the 3 second cast though, just feels like an eternity.

MM needs to have cast times and be required to stand still for max DPS if it's to justify having higher DPS potential than BM

BM is a low DPS spec for being ranged and free to move around during any part of it's rotation remember?

i suspect that they're increasing either the relative damage of aimed shot or MM focus generation that's why they prefer giving Aimed Shot a CD

"HFC MM, never forget."

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Chimaera Shot for MM!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    "HFC MM, never forget."
    For real. That shit was smoooooth.

3s cast? Nobody got time for that.

I don't like long cast times either. But I guess I will stack haste to compensate.

I don't mind having an ability with 2 charges that has a long cast time. Since it has charges, you can pretty much choose, when you use it without wasting uses, so not a big deal really.
    Current design is much worse in this regard, since you need to fire two back to back aimed shots with 2.5s each during the end of a vulnerable window.

Marks needs chimera shot, kill shot and Glaive toss

yeah, has blizzard ever said "yeah, that old design was really nice and smooth, lets just go with that".

Seems like they always say "lets just come up with random ideas and break something that didn't need fixing".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    MM needs to have cast times and be required to stand still for max DPS if it's to justify having higher DPS potential than BM

BM is a low DPS spec for being ranged and free to move around during any part of it's rotation remember?

i suspect that they're increasing either the relative damage of aimed shot or MM focus generation that's why they prefer giving Aimed Shot a CD
    There wouldn't be so much pressure on MM to be more mobile if Survival were still a mobile ranged like it used to be.