Upgrade PC - 4 years old

4 years ago I got some nice feedback on these forums, so putting it out here again.

It's time to upgrade and i'm considering to upgrade GTX 760 to a 1060 3GB (maybe a 6GB but probably not).

My other spec are:
    Mobo: i5 3570 (non K!)
    CPU: P75 pro3
    RAM: 16GB
    PSU: XFX 550W

I suspect I better upgrade my mobo too? (If so, any suggestions on that part?)

Is my 3570 (non-5 version) still viable or should I replace that well too?

Thx already!

Right now is not the best time to upgrade from a price standpoint, GPU's and RAM are way too expensive atm.

Ideally you would need to change mobo, CPU and RAM if you want something modern on top of the GPU.

The question is do you need all that for what you are using the computer for? If all you do is play wow on a 60 hz 1080p monitor you should still be fine, if you provide us some more info as to what you do with it, we can better help you.

Oh right, how come they are too expensive at the moment?

Yes, I mostly play WoW and often while watching a stream (twitch/netflix/downloaded content) on my second screen.
    (the 2 screen are indeed just 1080p monitors)
    I've been tuning down on graphics lately so I thought to upgrade to the 1060 and while at it, upgrade some other stuff.

Is it better to wait all together then? Or perhaps only buy the 1060 and do the rest in 6-12 months?

Just buying a GPU if you can find one for a good/normal price is an option, I guess it also depends where you live, try to avoid third party sellers on amazon and newegg and the likes.

RAM prices are obscene atm due to shortages, most is double or more the price then it was just a year ago, GPU's are all getting snatched by miners and scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by p0esje View Post
    Is it better to wait all together then? Or perhaps only buy the 1060 and do the rest in 6-12 months?
    If u can find it not overpriced buy a 1060 (or 1050ti) and wait on everything else. Your CPU is still a decent one even for its age. When it comes to WoW you will see more of a performance boost from a CPU upgrade but at 1080p It won't be much of one.

Right now tho is the worse time to buy a Video Card or Ram but if u can find ether of those and there not super overpriced go for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD