Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im just kinda hoping that the Silithus quest will finally continue on Tues.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Im just kinda hoping that the Silithus quest will finally continue on Tues.
    Right? Jesus, are they going to release it bit by bit every MONTH or something?

You can also expect an announcement of the Blizzard store's newest feature: Experience potions! Hooray!

I am getting off topic, but sooner or later, you will hear about these, and next Tuesday is as good a time as any for them. You know, mix good news and bad news together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    "also unlock the Seabraid stallion/Zandalari Raptor mounts, exclusive Hearthstone card back/Starcraft II Icons, for the Deluxe edition"
    I wonder what HotS will get. Maybe just a mount, or worst: banner and spray. If pre-orders will start at 30. its unlikely that its a hero, because the next hero is Maiev and she doesn't seem to have anything to do with BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Predicting some marketing along those lines if it happens soon :

"Pre-Order and unlock Allied races, and early beta access"

"also unlock the Seabraid stallion/Zandalari Raptor mounts, exclusive Hearthstone card back/Starcraft II Icons, for the Deluxe edition"
    There's no way they're doing another annual pass kind of thing. It really fucked up their testing in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Right? Jesus, are they going to release it bit by bit every MONTH or something?
    yo we heard u dislike weekly gated content so we made it monthly gated

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. With the Q&A for BfA coming up on Tuesday, plus the fact that beta assets are now being datamined, should we expect an announcement on when we can pre order? The other possibility is that they will announce when the first beta invite wave will go out. I could be wrong and we get nothing, but I would be shocked if we didn't at least get one of the two.
    Why would you preorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why would you preorder?
    ... to get your 110 boost
    ... to start playing allied races

Those are likely to be available immediately - at least the boost, but I think allied races will be close too

Not everyone wants to wait until 8.0 to make a new main, and lots of people will want to take advantage of the opportunity to get their new nightborne or whatever in as good a shape as possible pre-BfA if they can.

WoW preorders aren't like other company's preorders imo, you aren't just giving them money early and getting nothing in return. Those are things with real use and purpose (i.e. the ability to get a "free" boost and the ability to level a new allied race character that will be ready to go day one of the expansion, instead of being stuck in Western Plaguelands while your friends are off in Kul Tiras or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    ... to get your 110 boost
    ... to start playing allied races

Those are likely to be available immediately - at least the boost, but I think allied races will be close too

Not everyone wants to wait until 8.0 to make a new main, and lots of people will want to take advantage of the opportunity to get their new nightborne or whatever in as good a shape as possible pre-BfA if they can.

WoW preorders aren't like other company's preorders imo, you aren't just giving them money early and getting nothing in return. Those are things with real use and purpose (i.e. the ability to get a "free" boost and the ability to level a new allied race character that will be ready to go day one of the expansion, instead of being stuck in Western Plaguelands while your friends are off in Kul Tiras or whatever).
    Haha. Oh, so brainwashed. Yeah, thats exactly like every preorder, in any game, ever.
    You pretty much let Blizzard borrow your money so they can invest it and make money out of it without actually giving you anything in return.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. Oh, so brainwashed. Yeah, thats exactly like every preorder, in any game, ever.
    You pretty much let Blizzard borrow your money so they can invest it and make money out of it without actually giving you anything in return.
    And so what?
    You pre-order a game for 60$ because you know that no matter what you will play it. Let's be frank here, most people will play BfA, filler xpac or not, because people will find something in that game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Tokens will sky rocket
    Price token as exploded to 192k and rising. And it's not even yet announced, speculation is amazing.

Why would you preorder?
    because people like spending $$$ we are no longer 15 - spending couple dozens $ is nothing .

If the price of WOW Tokens are any indication a lot of people think pre orders will start on Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not for preordering games but in this case ''if'' they are unlocking some of the allies races I will do because I do intend to have my new character up before BFA and I'm going to play BFA anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Im not for preordering games but in this case ''if'' they are unlocking some of the allies races I will do because I do intend to have my new character up before BFA and I'm going to play BFA anyway.
    Which, of course, is exactly why they are doing this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    And so what?
    You pre-order a game for 60$ because you know that no matter what you will play it. Let's be frank here, most people will play BfA, filler xpac or not, because people will find something in that game to play.
    Sure, it's your money. If you want to waste it, thats your call.
    You could of course invest money like this into something that actually gave you something and simply pay Blizzard once you got the product.

The whole pre-order business is really smart and gives Blizzard way more than they should really get but it's also a bit of a scam. I just find it odd that so many are so clueless that they fall for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could of course invest money like this into something that actually gave you something and simply pay Blizzard once you got the product.

The whole pre-order business is really smart and gives Blizzard way more than they should really get but it's also a bit of a scam. I just find it odd that so many are so clueless that they fall for it.
    What's the scam on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Anyone pre-ordering this expansion might have learning difficulties. It's obviously filler and I wouldn't get too excited about a couple of reskinned mounts.
    I agree, They themselves at blizzcon said it's not going to be a huge feature or change heavy expansion

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Invest 60$ and make money out of it. No offense, but big lul here.
    Lets say you are extremely special and that the bank offer you 1% interest rate (you will never ever get that with a placement under a 1 year). You will do 0.60$ WOW big savings there. WOW!

If you already plan to buy the game, its not a waste of money. For you it might be a waste of money, the same way for me people buying McDonalds Burgers, TacoBells or Burger King are wasting their money.

edit: By investing, you could mean to put it in another game. True, I could put my 60$ for Sea of Thieves, however if I know I will play an Allied Race with a friend and enjoy the leveling of new characters, then for me, that's an investment already That's a question of perception.

Pre-Orders are scammy? Sure some companies abuses it (Ubi, EA, Sony, etc). But tell me how WoW Xpac ever been scammy to the point that the product announced was NOT what was announced. Do not confuse the : I did not like the expansion story and bla bla over the fact that the said feature was delivered.
    Same comparaison can be made with a meal I order at a restaurant. I ordered a meal, it is like the menu said, same ingredients, however when I taste it, its not what I had in my mind. You got what you paid for, not what you expected. Very different.
    Last edited by Saluna; 2018-01-30 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Not really, you can just racechange.
    Not if you want the unique looking armor sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Times have changed. Loads of game developers use early-access as a means to support their product, but also to beta test it.
    Once upon a time you bought a final game, now you buy to become a beta tester.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

You read a Reddit post about preordering being awful once and now you're enlightened. Firstly what are you the spending police? Do you wait outside liquor stores to tell people they're wasting their money or is it just this one practice that you're so against?

Secondly, and this may shock you, as usual there are some things that the internet circle-jerk didn't account for. Now if it's a game that's from a sketchy dev, or in a series that has a rocky record, by all means wait to buy. But if it's in a franchise you love from a developer that's pretty solid, preordering isn't bad. And for WoW specifically, if you PvE at all, you're going to be buying the expansion anyway because there is nothing even close in terms of PvE elsewhere. So if you like allied races or whatever you might as well just preorder.