Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do some Americans think Europeans don't own or can't own firearms?

Yes yes even I am bored of the gun debates especially regarding the US but something that I often see is Americans seemingly thinking Europe has outlawed firearms and that citizens cannot own a firearm. Granted we don't have a gun culture and those owning firearms are usually just farmers, hunters, collectors and hobbyists. The silly notion however that we seemingly can't purchase firearms however just seems bizarre to me.

Because we don't worship guns like thjey do.

Deleted
    Because brainwashing and propaganda are 10x more efficient when you think they only happen in North Korea

I don't think that, I just think Dentists are outlawed in Europe.

Every time I've had someone from Europe come over, two things happen. They have bad teeth, and they're surprise you can go buy a gun at a Walmart.

Because America is very insular mostly due to our size.

We literally don't know anything about you and what we do know is cliche.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Because Europeans constantly scream and shout about how enlightened they are and how firearms don't exist there. Who'da thunk that telling people something would give cause to people to think that something? It's a real mystery...

In the US a lot of them only see gun control as "YOU ARE TAKING SOMETHING FROM ME AND I AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN". Because the mentality in a lot of places is what is in it for me? The problem is not a lot of people are taught that not a god damn fucking thing is owed to anyone in this world and it your duty as a society going human to make life better for every other human in the society around you, even if it could seem as a minor inconvenience towards your existence becasue it would save thousands upon thousands of people from life long grief and pain.

Because we never see you guys fire your guns into the air and go "Ah"

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    I don't think that, I just think Dentists are outlawed in Europe.

Every time I've had someone from Europe come over, two things happen. They have bad teeth, and they're surprise you can go buy a gun at a Walmart.

can confirm, there's over a 2 year waiting line in sweden because of all the refugess clogging up our "working" system.

Deleted
    i think it boils down to "Europeans are way more likely to advocate stricter gun laws, and many Americans see these same europeans say how you can't just go buy a gun at the corner story and mainly take away "can't buy guns" and "not allowed to own military grade automatic rifles" (may even be a vocal minority who really think so, that's besides the point)

at least the most pro gun advocates i think often take away these points every time some european says "everyone and their mother owning a gun is a problem", so you get a debate which quickly devolves to "no guns vs all the guns, at least it feels like this, doesn't matter if it's really said, feelings are what sticks with you, what you remember is "this guy wants to take away my guns, thank god the law protects me, not like him in his country where you can't even own the smallest handgun" not what was really said, pair this with a lot of repetition of arguments and you get lots of people with completly wrong ideas

Me and my older brother both practice long distance shooting quite regularly, we both own several rifles.

With that being said, there are many hoops one has to go through to acquire one, you cant simply walk in and buy one. I dont want that changed, ever, there are far too many people that should never be let anywhere near guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yes yes even I am bored of the gun debates especially regarding the US but something that I often see is Americans seemingly thinking Europe has outlawed firearms and that citizens cannot own a firearm. Granted we don't have a gun culture and those owning firearms are usually just farmers, hunters, collectors and hobbyists. The silly notion however that we seemingly can't purchase firearms however just seems bizarre to me.
    Because they're ignorant and arrogant. They don't know shit and they don't care to know either because they don't think it's worth knowing.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-26 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topic: nation bashing

Assault weapons have been outlawed in the US anyways and yet ya'll believe we own those in the US.

"Assault weapons"

waiting for the informed posters to deal with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    Because Europeans constantly scream and shout about how enlightened they are and how firearms don't exist there.
    You should listen more carefully next time because I'm pretty sure almost no one has said that. What they've said instead would be something like "people can't carry them in public".

I think you'll find that opinion is based on the fact that the majority of Europeans don't own guns. Simple stereotypes. Being from the countryside means that all the people I know who own guns are farmers or hunters who don't have them for defensive purposes.

Deleted
    Because Europeans constantly scream and shout about how enlightened they are and how firearms don't exist there. Who'da thunk that telling people something would give cause to people to think that something? It's a real mystery...
    I´m sure you can provide some quotes if it´s happening constantly.

Deleted
    People say that most people don't own a firearm not that nobody can own one...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    can confirm, there's over a 2 year waiting line in sweden because of all the refugess clogging up our "working" system.
    I know right ? Here in France we also have to apply for special Islamic permits to entry the sharia law no go zones where all the dentists are located

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, europeans show up here on a daily basis to proudly say how gun controls are amazing and strict in their countries.