Deleted

Affliction - What to do against adds like on Argus?

Im abit confused as what is should be doing on adds, for example on Argus (or just in general).

Can someone give me a few points ?

Im 940 ilvl, all affliction legendaries - looking for some tips on adds in general.

Thanks in advance !

on argus when he's split i just spread agony on all adds and then activate soul harvester, when they get their element debuff i main target the void one and focus+mouseover 2 more, this way i can keep at least 3 agony at the same time (if i feel like doing it i keep even corruption on all 3 targets) if you feel like it you should even use your potion before spreading agony, for legs head and talent ring is the strongest combo here (especially if last phase last long), otherwise go with belt instead of ring and you're good to go!
    For general adds encounter it depends, but normally i just spread agony and then cast seed on one of them (if they are close to each other), after that i just rotate ua+agony recasting seed when corruption is vanishing!
    Last edited by Demoros; 2018-03-20 at 11:21 AM.

I mean, you just get agony out, press soul harvest, tunnel the shadow vuln add while maintaining agony on a few others.

But if you're looking for the standard cleave rotation, a fight like mythic AHC or coven for example, where you're playing absolute corruption?

You just corruption everything, agony everything, dump UAS, reapply agony, dump UAs into primary target and repeat. You can keep the 4pc buff up the entire time while doing pretty serious boss dps.

What's affliction to do on short-lived, high-priority adds such as the orbs in phase 4? Can their damage ramp up to be worth even doing within a few seconds?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    What's affliction to do on short-lived, high-priority adds such as the orbs in phase 4? Can their damage ramp up to be worth even doing within a few seconds?
    P1 & P2 - https://youtu.be/5qBX5hbd1hA
    P3 - https://youtu.be/eGTJgI68Fz4

Thats the mythic guide, there is an also a heroic version.

Like was already mentioned it depends on the fight, your talents and your priorities for what you do. Are you playing with MG or WiA? AC or Contagion? SL or something else?
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-03-20 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post

I mean, I kind of just tunnel the boss at that point. I'll agony all the orbs and SH, but that's about it. If I were really trying or the group couldn't kill them I'd just 3 dot them and go back to the boss I guess.

I've gotten 99s on argus for a while now playing this way.

The way you need to look at adds like this isn't as adds, but as soul shards or tormented souls to increase your single target damage. Like on AHC I'm not actually dpsing the bats, my class isn't good at that. But I will drain them all for more shards to increase my boss dps.

Same on portal keeper. I'll spec PS and put it on the boss during imp waves, but I don't go out of my way to do damage to the imps, my class isn't good at that, I use the imps for more boss damage.

I kind of look at it like comparative advantage. My class does shit damage to short-lived adds, but my class is good at doing boss damage and use those short-lived adds to do even more boss damage.

Like when I see a bat fly by on AHC I just see a floating purple shard, not a bat. Don't go out of your way to do things your spec isn't good at. This is a rule of thumb most people need to adopt. As a warlock, I have a battle rez. But I'm never going to use that battle rez unless I'm literally the only one that can do it.

My rez has a cast time, druid brez or DK brez do not. I lose more casting that brez than they do. So they should be the ones doing it.
    Last edited by asil; 2018-03-20 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    What about Felhounds?

I Agony+Corruption both of them.. Do i also use UA's on both and drain on both?

Tried that, but had a hard to doing it all on both.

Sorry for the n00b questions

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    What about Felhounds?

I Agony+Corruption both of them.. Do i also use UA's on both and drain on both?

Tried that, but had a hard to doing it all on both.

Sorry for the n00b questions
    You maintain dots on both of them the entire fight, dump UAs with reap, and drain during downtime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    You maintain dots on both of them the entire fight, dump UAs with reap, and drain during downtime.
    Yep, I run WiA/Cont/SL and it is pretty easy to upkeep 3 dots + manage/maintain UA. Sure drain time is left to a minimum, but it's filler anyway.

On Dogs, Contagion has a slightly higher top end (was 1% more last time I tested myself) in sims and is a lot more upkeep. Or you could go for the spec that a very high majority of people over all the percentiles tend to do better with which is WiA-AC-SL. If you choose AC then you do not have to UA both dogs.

If you are really struggling you could drop SL as well or in my opinion just learn to track better and improve your DoT uptimes. Do some talent sims, practice, see what works for you.

Remember to take 4 set into account (assuming you have it) and not just UAs in Reap. While Drain Soul is our filler it also can give Rend Procs (and especially during Reap); it is more important than some people give it credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Thats the mythic guide, there is an also a heroic version.

Like was already mentioned it depends on the fight, your talents and your priorities for what you do. Are you playing with MG or WiA? AC or Contagion? SL or something else?
    Mythic and Heroic are virtually the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Mythic and Heroic are virtually the same.
    I haven't got to Argus mythic (guild died) but from what I understand not really. I believe that the add phase has gone (which was the whole point of this thread), pushing phases and ST are far more important, orbs are way more important. Talents the same? Not usually. Leggos the same? Not always (except for the ones who love Netherlord).

What is the same in your opinion?
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-03-22 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Im abit confused as what is should be doing on adds, for example on Argus (or just in general).

Can someone give me a few points ?

Im 940 ilvl, all affliction legendaries - looking for some tips on adds in general.

Thanks in advance !
    This is where you dps is unrivaled. You only cast 2 spells Agony and UA. You run around casting Agony on all ads then you dump 5 UA on the ad that takes extra shadow damage. Then you run around re-applying agony and cast UAs again and so on