Poll: Should parents be allowed to Microchip their kids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    So the solution isnt better parenting awareness, its surgically implating a device that can be used to track down human beings? Lets also not pretend that there arent any parents who could potentially just never tell their child its been chipped, keeping track of every move they make - forever.
    That's why we're creating a time of choice - 18 (or whenever).

The whole idea is retarded. Just keep an eye on your child and it wont be abducted that easily.
    When one runs out of arguments, one tends to side with attacking the other with emotional arguments. Is the whole idea "retarded" or could there be a modicum or reasoning behind the pro-chippers?

I'm going to say,

It's all good and well you say its for security, but it could just as well be used for ill purposes.

Similar example,

Researchers use tag (similar to microchips, just a lot bigger and outside the body) on animals they are interested in studying, say large cats or whales, in recent years, poachers are hijacking the frequency of the tags and using them to track the animals more efficiently than ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Mutilation and indoctrination. Crazy stuff. :/
    It is crazy stuff, hence I ain't doing it. If my child wishes to join a religion, then she's welcome to do so but I am not the one introducing it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That's why we're creating a time of choice - 18 (or whenever).

When one runs out of arguments, one tends to side with attacking the other with emotional arguments. Is the whole idea "retarded" or could there be a modicum or reasoning behind the pro-chippers?
    Conveniently leaving out half of my post. Nice. Lemme do the same.

Your time of choice is wishful thinking. Illegal things are still illegal and we do them nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm going to say,

It's all good and well you say its for security, but it could just as well be used for ill purposes.
    Are you turning this into a gun control thread? Or is that just the way you can describe ANYTHING?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say,

Similar example,

Researchers use tag (similar to microchips, just a lot bigger and outside the body) on animals they are interested in studying, say large cats or whales, in recent years, poachers are hijacking the frequency of the tags and using them to track the animals more efficiently than ever
    I'm actually pondering the security of the chip itself..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Are you turning this into a gun control thread? Or is that just the way you can describe ANYTHING?
    Refresh it, I added a edit into because I anticipated a smart arse response like this. Gun control didn't once come into my mind, but grts for being over sensitive about it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm actually pondering the security of the chip itself..
    Theres that as well, hell it might not even be used in a abduction like scenario it could just be used to gather data etc

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If it's good enough for a dog, it's good enough for your kids.
    And yet they just won't eat that bowl of Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Theres that as well, hell it might not even be used in a abduction like scenario it could just be used to gather data etc
    Google Child Safety Systems Inc.

You heard it here first.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Conveniently leaving out half of my post. Nice. Lemme do the same.
    You assumed it's hackable. I'll say it isn't. Happy now?

Your time of choice is wishful thinking. Illegal things are still illegal and we do them nonetheless.
    Good thing this isn't illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not.

Refresh it, I added a edit into because I anticipated a smart arse response like this. Gun control didn't once come into my mind, but grts for being over sensitive about it!

- - - Updated - - -

My point still stands: EVERYTHING can be used for ill purposes.

You assumed it's hackable. I'll say it isn't. Happy now?

Good thing this isn't illegal.
    Whats not illegal?

Also lol GPS not hackable. There is nothing to be "assumed" here. Everything can be hacked. I assume that for all your logical reasoning bs here, you have very little technical knowledge about this, am I right?

In b4 you're a master hacker and you know it all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, again, with limitations. For general safety, etc, sure. When it comes to the child's bodily autonomy, then only to protect them from an imminent threat to their health.
    Exactly. You just don't agree with these "limitations" - without having any logical reason for them. Bodily autonomy isn't one, just in case you still aren't paying attention. Can you point to any "right" you think exists that a child has that would prevent this from happening? List them - we'll wait.

Of course there are. A child isn't capable of determining whether or not having a life-saving surgery is a good idea or not, or whether the long-term benefits of vaccination are worth a few minutes of pain. But a chip is not protection from an imminent threat to the child's health. Its primary purpose would be a quality-of-life upgrade for the parent(s).
    So long as we're clear, again, that a child isn't capable of making good decisions for themselves, or of making good long-term beneficial decisions. Remember, we're talking about 2-year-olds or younger. No talky-talk.

Let's take another example, shall we? Pierced ears. They should only be allowed if the child agrees. If the child does not agree, or they're too young to agree, then it should not be allowed and should be considered child abuse. If you want, you can make a similar argument in favor of a chip and say that if the child agrees then it's OK and I'd have to concede that point. Regardless, a child does have rights in that regard.
    You keep shilling about piercings as though those were even remotely the same. When you're ready to "parse logic" we can come back to the discussion. If you're too blind to see the litany of differences between piercings and chipping, then we're done here. There is no hope for you.

I really can't be held accountable for your inability to parse logic.
    But you can for you inability, and it's apparent to all from what you've said above. I'm sorry you can't provide anything buy some baseless "bodily autonomy" argument, and when that fails, you scream abuse. Mildly pathetic.

All the reasons for doing it are sound and reasonable. You have provided nothing to change that point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats not illegal?
    Chipping. Pay attention. It's not illegal.

Also lol GPS not hackable. There is nothing to be "assumed" here. Everything can be hacked. I assume that for all your logical reasoning bs here, you have very little technical knowledge about this, am I right?

In b4 you're a master hacker and you know it all.
    But not this tech. Know why? Because. You say it's hackable, I say it isn't. Neither of us have data regarding this specific tech, so we're both right.

I am not a master hacker. Sheesh. But I bet your response will say you are.

I think its funny that you dispose of bodily autonomy as a non argument, but you seriously entertained my tinfoil response.

This discussion is garbage. It is you sticking to your gunshot argument of chipping = protection; disregarding everything that's being put forth as a counter argument for either being emotionally motivated, or something you assume that isn't a problem.

Please take some debating lessions and come back again when you are mature enough, edgelord.

- - - Updated - - -

But not this tech. Know why? Because. You say it's hackable, I say it isn't. Neither of us have data regarding this specific tech, so we're both right.

I am not a master hacker. Sheesh. But I bet your response will say you are.
    This specific tech?? A common GPS chip which is already in use with animals. literally everything is already known about this specific tech

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    My point still stands: EVERYTHING can be used for ill purposes.
    So, that makes it alright to do something regardless the ethical or moral side to it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. You just don't agree with these "limitations" - without having any logical reason for them. Bodily autonomy isn't one, just in case you still aren't paying attention.
    On the contrary, bodily autonomy is a logical and valid reason, all on its own.

You keep shilling about piercings as though those were even remotely the same.
    I only mentioned piercings once. And they're not that dissimilar. Again, a chip is largely a quality-of-life upgrade for the parents. It offers no tangible benefit to the child that justifies forfeiting the child's bodily autonomy against his/her will.

But you can for you inability, and it's apparent to all from what you've said above.
    For someone who likes to point out others using "attacks", you sure like to make debates personal, don't you?

I'm sorry you can't provide anything buy some baseless "bodily autonomy" argument, and when that fails, you scream abuse.
    Baseless? Bodily autonomy is the ultimate trump card in all things. But hey, at least you have hyperbole down.

All the reasons for doing it are sound and reasonable.
    I've yet to see one that invalidates a child's right to bodily autonomy.

You have provided nothing to change that point of view.
    I don't need to change anyone else's view. I merely pointed out why I object. The opinions of others are irrelevant.

On the contrary, bodily autonomy is a logical and valid reason, all on its own. Baseless? Bodily autonomy is the ultimate trump card in all things. But hey, at least you have hyperbole down. I've yet to see one that invalidates a child's right to bodily autonomy.
    Like...circumcision?
    Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong.

Yes, children are property just like house pets.

As someone who is in the tech field, this is maybe the dumbest thing you can do. By a mile.