Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you need to take some meds
    I just take docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapetaeinoic acid as my brain's supplement for optimal performance. You should try them as well so it would boost creative thinking and imagination rather than weeds.

Alleria's void elf-ism is uniquely different. She consumed a dark naaru while the rest of her follower did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are now live with no High Elven type skin colours.

I very much doubt one will be added in the future. After all, if you want to play that model with that sort of look, you can roll a Blood Elf.

Given that the teams behind Allied races have now moved onto other, more interesting projects I think we can say this entire discussion is done. As is the long running discussion over playable Alliance High Elves.

The only thing Void Elf players will have a legitimate complaint about in future is the void form of entropic embrace which badly needs an retool already.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    Actually, I quite like this, it's rather nice. Maybe they'd feel sorry for you guys and make void elf paladins and death knights classes only have access to this skin. Could work.

Isn't it obvious? They don't want to say definitive NO to High Elves, because at some point, they will probably introduce them, for those shiny race change income.

Making Void Elves look too much like High Elves would be the end of High Elves discussion, and Blizzard obviously doesn't want that. High Elves are their big red button they will pres when they need money.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

That's a pretty cool edit! I'd be down for that. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would happily grab that and play as High Elves too.

Because Alleria became one in an entirely different way. There are light skinned elves on the Horde if you would like to play as one though.
    change can't wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want a pale skinned void elf with blond hair then make a blood elf shadow priest. There's your some time blue some times pale skinned elf. Also Pandaran literally just choose sides upon completion of their starting quests. There is nothing to differentiate between the two of them. Void elves and blood elves are different because of the void transformation they went through.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Pandaran are the reason why now the the tooltip for players says "Alliance" or "Horde" when you hoover over someone. Until then, you couldn't tell the difference between the two other than knowing which races were Horde and which ones were Alliance.

Because that would be a high elf. Which should be a race, but Blizzard is retarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice Edit.

But Alleria is not a true Void Elf. She can enter a Void form, but she wasn't corrupted by the Ethereals the same way the Void Elves did who are permanently in a semi-Void state
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Alleria should undergo a Void Form when she is in combat.

From what I understand, Void Elves have a racial proc that makes them go Void Form, called Entropic Embrace. Depending on the uptime of the proc, I think it would be close enough. I can see why they would want to preserve Alleria's look, to keep her artwork consistent between Hearthstone and WoW. Consistency between Hearthstone lore and WoW lore seems to be big on Blizzard's agenda recently.

It's too bad we can't be in Entropic Embrace all the time.

10+ Year Old Account

Because she's a hero character - the end.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they say somewhere that they wanted a very clear distinction between Blood Elves and Void Elves (Outside of eye colour) to separate the two, hence the skin options?

same reason we don't have undead elves...yet...

because Blizz said no.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Am I the only one who pefers void elves to high elves? They are dark, cool and sexy. They command and are able to resist one of the strongest forces in the universe. Their racials are great. They will look even better when we will be able to transmog almost everything off. High Elves belong in the past for the Alliance. We get to play two dark elf races, one wild and one with a dark vibe and some people are still not happy? It's a matter of opinion I guess and mine doesn't matter more than anyone else's, and all my characters have raven hair like me, but Blizzard wants the players to experience the high elves "turning side" and that's not gonna happen if they add them as a playable race for us. It is what is is.

If Void Elves are a "race" I wouldn't consider Alleria one of them. I don't have any type of source but I'm imaging that blizzard intended to add High Elves as the allied race (With blue eyes, unique hair, face, and tattoos), and would have had them switch to a void form in combat akin to the Worgen. Blizzard probably felt that the high elves weren't unique enough as is, and needed a permanently different skin color like mag'har orcs or dark iron. So I think this is why we get the kind of half assed story with Umbric and renegade blood elves.

This was odd because one of their racial leaders, Alleria isn't really the same race now...she simply is a Ranger that has mastered void abilities. The playable VElves have a totally different condition where they have been completely altered and "mutated" by the void. AFIAK this also leaves people who RP Blood Elf shadow priest in a state of lore limbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Better yet, make Alleria look like an actual Void Elf. That way she could be a proper racial leader to her people.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Better yet, make Alleria look like an actual Void Elf. That way she could be a proper racial leader to her people.
    I don't see what's the problem. Following your logic, the Forsaken haven't had a proper racial leader since forever, as Sylvanas is different from 100% of the playable Forsaken.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    enough cheesiness.

we got ass-pulled void-lels.
    now people wanna look like a walking blacklight?
    no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I don't see what's the problem. Following your logic, the Forsaken haven't had a proper racial leader since forever, as Sylvanas is different from 100% of the playable Forsaken.
    not to mention Light-boi who is the leader of a bunch of Draenei.

5+ Year Old Account
    1. Because that ignores why VEs were even designed the way they were in the first place. Too aesthetically and physically similar to BEs, so they made them wavy and purple. Same reason worgen can't perma stay in their human form, because the Alliance already had buff boy humans. Same reason NB are heavily edited NEs, so that they aren't just NEs on the Horde. If concepts are too physically similar they won't add them. The laziest are the LF and HM but they're at least on their own respective side. The best VEs could get is a worgen-like compromise but that just opens the flood gate for more HE compromises after Ion made his hard stance for now.

2. Alleria doesn't necessarily have to look like her people. Sylvanas doesn't, Thrall didn't when he got a straight back, and Gallywix sure stands out. Lore characters have always had appearances/features that their follows don't.

3. Pandaren were designed as a neutral race and their culture revolves around it. Comparing that to the BE/VE compromise is dishonest and completely ignoring how it could further damage faction populations. Ask what would happen if the SW human model was unlocked Horde side? It'd be a mess and it would be worse if that happened to BEs. Compromises over older races is the best we can get without hurting the factions. If you wouldn't want SW humans on the Horde, why do you think it'd be a good idea to dance that line with elves?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    enough cheesiness.

we got ass-pulled void-lels.
    now people wanna look like a walking blacklight?
    no thanks.
    I presume alliance players wanted the opposite, to be a high elf like alleria and have a void form combat shift like she does.