Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is everyone complaining about pre order refunds? I have an idea

Don't preorder games PERIOD. Especially with wow, you aren't even getting anything maybe a stack of pogs for hearthstone. Everything that is pre-order will be available on release anyway, what's the rush.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

you tell em Buildapanda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone? Like a few people in millions? Ignore them, they are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Don't preorder games PERIOD. Especially with wow, you aren't even getting anything maybe a stack of pogs for hearthstone. Everything that is pre-order will be available on release anyway, what's the rush.
    not surpirsing - there are 2 reasons :

a) people feel cheated about allied races not being aviable straight away
    b)the endgame is awfull atm if you are just starting - i usually dont encourage Preach's videos but his newest series about starting game as completly new boosted with preorder player and its bad - like really bad .

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs*

You would think that it is a commonsense thing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I only Pre-Order WoW, never any other game, since I know I will actually play the expansion.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

It stupid, I know.
    That said, you used to be able to get your money back befor you got the product. That is no longer the case and Blizzard changed their stance on this without clearly informing people. It's hardly surprisning that some are upset.

Thanks for this thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is this "everyone" you speak of? You mean the 5-6 random people (that I've seen) who get the pre-order, boost their character, get and play the allied races until they decide they don't want to level them anymore? Those people who clearly used the product they purchased and neglected to read the statement which states (in simple words) if you do x,y and z you don't get your money back? Oh...okay those "everyones".

Ok, thanks.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pogs as in Allied races?

Like how we got when we pre-ordered every other expack for wow?
    Oh wait, that's right, BFA is the ONLY expack we actually DO get something out of from pre-ordering it from the moment we pre-order....

But, Pogs, right?

Gross.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I'll preorder if I want thank you.

If you like feel free to take over my job for me and earn my income for me. Then you can tell me how to spend it.

a) People can spend their money how they wanted, prepurchased 2 DCE's here, no complaints whatsoever

b) But read the not even fine print before you do something, if you don't agree with something, don't do it

But for the love of god preorder =/= prepurchase.

A preorder is putting down an amount of money to guarantee a physical copy of the game on release day

A prepurchase is paying full price for the game prior to release.

Isn't the character boost to 110 only from pre-ordering the game? I'm not even sure.

Either way people are free to do what they want, you're not here to tell them to do something that you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preorder WoW expansions because I know I'll be playing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Isn't the character boost to 110 only from pre-ordering the game? I'm not even sure.
    Nah that's with the expansion, but you get it now if you pre-order

"everyone" isn't.

A few special snowflakes are, and if they weren't complaining about that they'd be inventing something else to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    I preorder WoW expansions because I know I'll be playing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah that's with the expansion, but you get it now if you pre-order
    Oh okay, makes sense.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man this no pre-order circlejerk is getting old. In the case of WoW if you like PvE content you're going to want to pre-order the expansion anyway if there are some good bonuses. There's literally zero chance that you're still gaming around an expansion launch and aren't going to pick up the expansion, nothing even comes close to WoW PvE.

For other games if I like every game in the series so far, or if I like the dev's other stuff, I'll preorder, because I want to play on launch day so pre-loading is pretty great. Though often I'll pre-order like the week of, not too far in advance. If a person wants to pre-order, let them. It's not really any of your business tbh.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never invest more than you're willing to lose.
    Pre-orders included.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preordering any game is fucking retarded.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.