Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    ppl want solo que arenas not bgs.. no one cares about rbgs regardless of them being solo or not.. participation is at all time low cuz the game is bad and solo que wont IMPROVE THE GAME.. it will still stay boring as fuck regardless
    "Ppl" want solo queue for both arenas and BGs and some "ppl" even say that everything should just be rated with no unrated: this will *remove* the pressure of going rated and stop it being serious business and at the same time it will bring the good sides of ratings - which are vital - to all PVP.

We are now in such a shithole that doing anything regarding arenas is not going to matter. It will simply not have any material effect. They *have* to start with BGs and they have to do proper solo queue for them in order to revive PVP in any capacity. Because the most important ingredient for the revival is people playing and you cannot get significant numbers of people playing by doing anything in arenas. We are not in LK anymore, the total number of players is like a third of what it used to be and 90% of those are feeling terrible about PVP, particularly about "serious business" PVP = arenas. You have to start from BGs. It's after you get a couple of million people reliably and regularly playing BGs (across all regions, let's be charitable) that you can do something about arenas and have it not being effort that is just thrown away.

You are correct that just doing solo queue will not be enough, they also have to effing undo the damage they did to classes (idiots) and sort out PVP gearing = put back a wall to all PVE shit that they removed (idiots #2). It is also NOT easy to do solo queue properly, protecting from premades and doing a ranking system that actually works while not having exorbitant queue times with the current miniscule participation is NOT easy. But if they don't do solo queue, they don't have PVP. As simple as that. They just don't have PVP then. Modern PVP *requires* solo queue. It is a mandatory component. The end.

Deleted
    Bummer, but what did you expect? They have no one to lead the pvp team, it has zero priority it seems.

They just continue doing what they are already doing, which isnt great but it kinda works.
    WoW was never even a half decent pvp game, always a pve game with pvp on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Bummer, but what did you expect? They have no one to lead the pvp team, it has zero priority it seems.
    It certainly seems that way. Ie, it seems that when they fired Holinka the "PVP team" simply stopped existing (because Holinka didn't have any devs for some time and was borrowing them from other teams and they didn't care to name any new guys "PVP lead"). Not joking.

I dont really see a problem with having solo que for rated as an option. As long as they still have the option to que as a group (which they would never remove) I dont see how it really matters.

The only concern I would have is that they try to matchmake groups v groups. Kinda like in HoTS where individual que and team que are different brackets. It would suck being in a group of 10 randos vs a group in discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post

"game is bad" is not an argument, try to come up with something relevant

game is bad is the only argument that matters

instead of putting solo que into the game and trying to figure out the best way to do it they should make the game better instead

Dude they shouldn't have even answered these questions. PvP is not what should have been talked about for that much time as none if that shit was related to bfa. Solo queue is a waste of time in a game where PvP is already an afterthought. Go get a 5 man team together for the next mdi if you want to be competitive in wow.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    "Ppl" want solo queue for both arenas and BGs and some "ppl" even say that everything should just be rated with no unrated: this will *remove* the pressure of going rated and stop it being serious business and at the same time it will bring the good sides of ratings - which are vital - to all PVP.

We are now in such a shithole that doing anything regarding arenas is not going to matter. It will simply not have any material effect. They *have* to start with BGs and they have to do proper solo queue for them in order to revive PVP in any capacity. Because the most important ingredient for the revival is people playing and you cannot get significant numbers of people playing by doing anything in arenas. We are not in LK anymore, the total number of players is like a third of what it used to be and 90% of those are feeling terrible about PVP, particularly about "serious business" PVP = arenas. You have to start from BGs. It's after you get a couple of million people reliably and regularly playing BGs (across all regions, let's be charitable) that you can do something about arenas and have it not being effort that is just thrown away.

You are correct that just doing solo queue will not be enough, they also have to effing undo the damage they did to classes (idiots) and sort out PVP gearing = put back a wall to all PVE shit that they removed (idiots #2). It is also NOT easy to do solo queue properly, protecting from premades and doing a ranking system that actually works while not having exorbitant queue times with the current miniscule participation is NOT easy. But if they don't do solo queue, they don't have PVP. As simple as that. They just don't have PVP then. Modern PVP *requires* solo queue. It is a mandatory component. The end.
    protecting against premades is piss-easy, disallow joining solo while you are in group/raid, problem solved, or it can just queue you alone, if they were able to properly implement lvl scaling then this would be a cakewalk, also matchmaking seriously? Like if they didnt have any other games where solo queue already works? Come on ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    I dont really see a problem with having solo que for rated as an option. As long as they still have the option to que as a group (which they would never remove) I dont see how it really matters.

The only concern I would have is that they try to matchmake groups v groups. Kinda like in HoTS where individual que and team que are different brackets. It would suck being in a group of 10 randos vs a group in discord.
    that should be separate ofc, kinda like LoL, solo queue just for solo people, then random mode where you can face literally anything, even 40men raid groups

and ofc it wouldnt matter, population would be a bit split but huge increase in participation would fix that + long queue times are because of faction imbalance, nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    game is bad is the only argument that matters

instead of putting solo que into the game and trying to figure out the best way to do it they should make the game better instead
    well in this discussion you are just like a kid screaming "I want a candyyyy", bring something usefull here and stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    protecting against premades is piss-easy, disallow joining solo while you are in group/raid, problem solved, ...
    Whoever wants to be in the same BG can overpower the system by synchronizing queue times. So, all ten of you are queuing "solo", but you end up in the same BG because the number of BGs going per minute is small (1? 0.3? even less now?) and you synchronize to a second. It is hard to protect from that without numbers and they don't have the numbers (and barely had them in WoD already) and this is exacerbated by the ratings, because the purpose of ratings is to split people into groups further.

Still, this is solvable with some concessions. Just not easy. The current shithole is damn deep (effing Blizzard clowns who digged it).
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-31 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to play ranked PvP in WoW via solo quee?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to play ranked PvP in WoW via solo quee?
    People already join no voice "yolo" rbgs. That is effecticely solo que with extra steps to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    People already join no voice "yolo" rbgs. That is effecticely solo que with extra steps to me.
    No voice isn't exactly random; to some degree the group is then still managed.

So 1st you want a solo quee and next you will be asking for an extra bracket for solo-quee?

So 1st you want a solo quee and next you will be asking for an extra bracket for solo-quee?
    I dont really have a strong desire to see this happen. I just dont think it would really hurt anything if solo que were a thing. People who want to que as a team still could and you would just add more to the available playerbase.

Deleted

i think u never played wow fucking nerd, u are all talking about shit u don"t even touch in ur entire life. U never did pvp at all exepct 1 bg / week if u think that way. All real pvp players who at least tried arena tournament know that SOLOQUEUE is the FUCKING ONLY WAY TO MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN. Instead of going full random no voice with 80 % of trash with ach bought. U go soloqueue, u perform, u have 6 guys of same solo rate, if sometimes u go with a trash u have the exact same chance to find this trash in front of u stop the false argument cuz one more time u are talking about a thing u don"t even know 1%. All players who already tried a soloq like arenatournament know how it works. U are good, u match with good players, u climb etc. Noob stay in elo hell winning and good players climbs easy it's a good way to make lonely guys pvp again cuz atm nobody play exept irl friend or guild of 2k4 players sucking eachother or selling boost. U can"t sell boost with random match, u can"t get all time with noobs if u are not one etc. And the ''90%'' of population play pve was over and over explained as a false argument on every platform, here, reddit and youtube. U just talk about shit u don"t know but u eared something about etc then go continue to play this shitty game i only wait to play vanilla content, i don"t have any hope in blizz or activision to listen to ppl to make wow great again, only trying to "fix the classes" then doing all classes the same, giving them all same abilities and askurself why u loose 53% of players in 7 years. GG

Solo queues suck. Playing with random people (like the guy in post above) through matchmaking in ranked matches is a horrible idea.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2018-01-31 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hana83 View Post
    i think u never played wow fucking nerd, u are all talking about shit u don"t even touch in ur entire life. U never did pvp at all exepct 1 bg / week if u think that way. All real pvp players who at least tried arena tournament know that SOLOQUEUE is the FUCKING ONLY WAY TO MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN. Instead of going full random no voice with 80 % of trash with ach bought. U go soloqueue, u perform, u have 6 guys of same solo rate, if sometimes u go with a trash u have the exact same chance to find this trash in front of u stop the false argument cuz one more time u are talking about a thing u don"t even know 1%. All players who already tried a soloq like arenatournament know how it works. U are good, u match with good players, u climb etc. Noob stay in elo hell winning and good players climbs easy it's a good way to make lonely guys pvp again cuz atm nobody play exept irl friend or guild of 2k4 players sucking eachother or selling boost. U can"t sell boost with random match, u can"t get all time with noobs if u are not one etc. And the ''90%'' of population play pve was over and over explained as a false argument on every platform, here, reddit and youtube. U just talk about shit u don"t know but u eared something about etc then go continue to play this shitty game i only wait to play vanilla content, i don"t have any hope in blizz or activision to listen to ppl to make wow great again, only trying to "fix the classes" then doing all classes the same, giving them all same abilities and askurself why u loose 53% of players in 7 years. GG
    Oh look, "my 1st alt-account"! (as in someone made an alt-account in order to answer me with an insult and a half literate wall of text)

Which rated PvP comes with a group of 7 in WoW?
    I've actually played PvP a lot in Vanilla; it was hardly enjoyable without being able to filter out the bad apples and sometimes just getting stomped by the enemy or stomping them like nothing in WSG/AB. Competitive spirit is something else entirely.

I've also played some rated BGs lately; it's pretty enjoyable with a dedicated group actually; you should try it. I wish i'd have the time to invest into it; but it's currently just a no-go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Solo queues suck. Playing with random people through matchmaking in ranked matches is a horrible idea.
    there already is a "soloqueue" cuz when u go full random player monday u go 1750 then u take other players random no voice u go 2k, u have played all of this with randoms players withotu voices and cc coordination, and u have UR rate and UR mmr not the same of who u climb with exepct if u are so bad that u need 300 match to go 1550 then i understand that for u solo queue is shit and bg with dh tank is pretty amazing tool

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, "my 1st alt-account"! (as in someone made an alt-account in order to answer me with an insult and a half literate wall of text)

I've actually played PvP a lot in Vanilla; it was hardly enjoyable without being able to filter out the bad apples and sometimes just getting stomped by the enemy or stomping them like nothing in WSG/AB. Competitive spirit is something else entirely.

I've also played some rated BGs lately; it's pretty enjoyable with a dedicated group actually; you should try it. I wish i'd have the time to invest into it; but it's currently just a no-go.
    i just never answer on this forum cuz i always feel that most of ppl here are not all apes but u are totally what a said, a random guy talking about pvp but never hit r14 vanilla never hit 2k2 bc nevfer 2k6 lk never played high rated bg never played on private serveur like arena tournament (exaclty like official but only for pvp) u think u ''played '' pvp but no no , u just spend u time since 2005 to chill in wow like the 90% of ppl talking about pvp, just random ppl doing 4/5 bg in a week (sometimes in a sunday !) and thinking they know how it works. kk now let the pvp players talk about what they know and what they are hard playing since 2005 too, i don"t talk about ur pve rotation or how the fuck is the dumbest shit ever created to fight IA monster when u can go vs humans i let u decide of the things u play a lot more than me then don"t talk about a think u don"t ever know the 0.01 %

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

i just never answer on this forum cuz i always feel that most of ppl here are not all apes but u are totally what a said, a random guy talking about pvp but never hit r14 vanilla never hit 2k2 bc nevfer 2k6 lk never played high rated bg never played on private serveur like arena tournament (exaclty like official but only for pvp) u think u ''played '' pvp but no no , u just spend u time since 2005 to chill in wow like the 90% of ppl talking about pvp, just random ppl doing 4/5 bg in a week (sometimes in a sunday !) and thinking they know how it works. kk now let the pvp players talk about what they know and what they are hard playing since 2005 too, i don"t talk about ur pve rotation or how the fuck is the dumbest shit ever created to fight IA monster when u can go vs humans i let u decide of the things u play a lot more than me then don"t talk about a think u don"t ever know the 0.01 %

Deleted
    i just never answer on this forum cuz i always feel that most of ppl here are not all apes but u are totally what i said, a random guy talking about pvp but never hit r14 vanilla never hit 2k2 bc nevfer 2k6 lk never played high rated bg never played on private serveur like arena tournament (exaclty like official but only for pvp) u think u ''played '' pvp but no no , u just spend u time since 2005 to chill in wow like the 90% of ppl talking about pvp, just random ppl doing 4/5 bg in a week (sometimes in a sunday !) and thinking they know how it works. kk now let the pvp players talk about what they know and what they are hard playing since 2005 too, i don"t talk about ur pve rotation or how the fuck is the dumbest shit ever created to fight IA monster when u can go vs humans i let u decide of the things u play a lot more than me then don"t talk about a think u don"t ever know the 0.01 %

- - - Updated - - -

y keep gouping with random ppl, without any voice, thinking this is a social experiment ! staying at 1550 being the typical newb seems to be ur way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hana83 View Post

PvP is dead, has been dead and will stay dead.

Deleted
    kk mate keep taking fun at 1550 and don"t talk about pvp when u don"t even know what the words mean thx bro gl hf for argus mythic divine blabla +1548516

- - - Updated - - -

u are not even understanding what solo queue seems to be. U are 3v3 so if u think u have a chance to be with tards or 1 tard, then the opposite team has the same chance, or this world and matematics don"t exist anymore ? plz be quiet keep doing ur quest and having fun, u are all what i described, u never played pvp, u just chilled with some random class u think is ur main, u never hit anything in pvp u never played pvp like ppl did since 2005 then why talk here about something u will never understand ? u tell urself u have no the time to invest into( how the fuck can u try to justify this when u talk to someone with 6x glad and a job 42H/week + a child alone) so how the fuck can u be here to give ur feelings about a thing u just see on youtube ? lmao keep question dude let's pvper's decide what the hell they want for pvp