Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If someone pre-purchases an expansion, they trust or believe that the x-pac is going to have fun content and is worth paying for before it launches. Yeah, you might bring up WoD's flop, but that was 1 out of 7 expansions, and even WoD still had polish, as well as a solid questing, raiding, and world exploration experience (which pretty much makes up at least 60% of this game's usual content). I would never pre-order anything from any other Triple A company, but Blizzard has always kept up a consistent level of quality in their games which has yet to really drop below the usual standards.

That's why I can understand the reason for pre-ordering (other than rewards ofc), because I can trust the expansion would generally be a good time when it comes out. Whether it's Overwatch, Diablo, SC HotS, or WoW, I really enjoy Blizzard's games and have played them since 06. There's nothing wrong in supporting a company that you've thoroughly enjoyed for a long time. But of course, speaking positively about Blizzard is equal to being a Fanboy Shill, Blizzdick sucking White Knight Sheeple Shill!

TL;DR - Blizz has kept a consistent level of quality with their games that other Triple A companies have not. You can usually expect a solid experience with WoW expansions, and I think it's relatively a safe bet if you pre-order. Nothing wrong with it. Also it's my money, my choice.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-02-03 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Stop acting like a kid with a "too-cool-to-care"-attitude on this gaming forum, it's making you look like a fool.

Our rights as a consumer is to purchase a product that we want, nobody's forced into spending money. You, the OP and others of your ilk in this thread are just angered with the fact that people aren't considering your opinions to be fact and acting accordingly. A theory, at least.

One has to wonder, what sort of people not only frequent a fan forum of a game they clearly consider to be sub-par, but then also spend years and years on bitching incessantly about the product and at the people enjoying it? I stopped believing the "we care about the game so we want it to change!"-angle years ago when no matter how the product changes, the same crowd keeps coming back with the same arguments and vitriol. A more general observation.
    I'd rather seem like a kid with a too-cool-to-care attitude than come across as a rabid Blizzard fanboy, giving them my money and encouraging/enabling them to have long content-droughts without being held accountable for charging an on-going subscription.

You and your ilk are the reason Blizzard can afford to deliver mediocre content so infrequently and get away with it. You are the reason the game is only a shadow of its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    I'd rather seem like a kid with a too-cool-to-care attitude than come across as a rabid Blizzard fanboy, giving them my money and encouraging/enabling them to have long content-droughts without being held accountable for charging an on-going subscription.

You and your ilk are the reason Blizzard can afford to deliver mediocre content so infrequently and get away with it. You are the reason the game is only a shadow of its former self.
    Literally untrue as of Legion. There's been an objectively superior amount of content delivered during this expansion, and they haven't stopped yet.

If I'm responsible for anything in regards to this game, it's for giving constructive feedback (rather than bitching like a petulant child about "the game going downhill) and making them step up their game.

Try again, kid. But you have no other argument than being pissy.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-03 at 03:08 PM.

Bought 2 collectors and boosted a couple of toons, started levling a couple of new ones to check out the leveling experience and am having grand ol time.

The good thing about being an adult is the ability to put together some objective thinking around time investment vs monetary investment vs benefits from that investment and coming up with the obvious conclusion that purchasing the expansion now vs purchasing the expansion in September does fuckall to a billion dollar company while the benefits of purchasing now outweigh the financial cost.

Another benefit of being an adult is that I realize that playing this game or any other game is a complete and utter waste of time and is used for the sole purpose of my personal enjoyment. I do think its cute that children come here and to pretend to have any idea of what they are talking about (we'll see who the first idiot is to bold that last sentence and reference it back to me or some other adult).

Deleted
    An MMO is a service. We are just paying for the continued use of the service and we are getting something right now for it.

We know exactly what we are paying for.

I honestly can think of worse things than pre-orders (season passes, loot boxes).

I know.

But I was no longer having fun on Antorus and I couldn't be bothered leveling anything else with the other races. Locking the Allied Races behind the pre-order was a stroke of genius I've come to no longer expect from Blizzard. They got me, they got me hard...

[QUOTE=Vellithe;48818190]I know.

I have maxed all classes to 110 so unless I get a few free race changes in exchange not going to preorder

You can't pre-order guys! If you do Blizzard will just add pay to win microtransactions and loot boxes!

I understand what you are saying OP, but I pre-ordered and having fun with the allied races. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't WANT Blizzard rushing the product out the door.

That's how you end up with WoD.
    This. And with four allied races unlockable from preordering, and the heritage armor rewards, this is as good a time as any to give it a go and see how the updated leveling flow feels. We're also slated to get more (non-raid) story developments and a new battleground with a neat capture/gather mechanic (which feels like the FFXIV Frontline where your team destroys Icebound Tomeliths for points, leading to fierce competition whenever a large node is available) between now and launch, as well as the Burning of Teldrassil and Battle for Lordaeron events closer to launch, never mind the pre-expac invasion event.

Screaming "I wunts it and I wunts it now reeeeee" just leads to shitty work; I'd much rather they make sure things are done so launch experiences a minimum of bullshit and broken things. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for not preordering if that's your prerogative, because truth is most companies have gone absolutely fucking insane over preorder culture. But barring WOD WoW hasn't been one of those for me, so while you won't catch me preordering anything with, say, Bungie or EA on the box, Blizzard's rebuilt enough good will after fuckin' up WoD that I can deal with biting that bullet for some new shiny stuff to play with to keep me entertained 'til closer to BFA launch, at which point I'll shift over to FFXIV til launch day.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.

We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    You analogy is inherently flawed. If this was a new game by a new developer, I would likely wait as should most. But when you believe in a company and their track record is responsible for entertainment worth more than what you've spent in the past -- you let them know you support them back by pre-ordering their product and letting them get to work with an anticipated user count.

I would definitely "pre-order" tickets for a Star Wars movie just like I have in the past.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

No. You are wrong. Not pre ordering will not achieve any of the things you listed.

/end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preordering may originate from physical scarcity, but its use now is more akin to monetary security - from both the consumer and the company.

As a consumer, being able to pay whenever I want - or can - for a product I know I will enjoy is a boon. It's important to note here that a vast majority of BfAs pre-orders are made by people who've pre-ordered the game, through good and bad. Myself included. So instead of having to make sure I've got 80$ ready for a launch date that isn't crystal clear, I can just pay now and be done with it. When it launch, I don't have to lose time paying for it through a broken queue system.

As a company, it allows me to investigate and do predictions. Investors loves this, although I don't care much about them.

It's a win-win.

We're not talking about EA releasing another SW:BFII here. We're talking about Blizzard releasing their 7th expansion pack on a game that several millions of people have been enjoying years after years.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I can already anticipate the replies; "It's my money, I'll can do whatever the hell I want!" or "I want the preorder bonuses". OK, fine, but I just thought I'd throw out a couple of bullet points as to why you should hold your wallet closed for now:

• Digital scarcity isn't real. Multi-billion-dollar corporations don't deserve your money until you have a functional product installable on your hard drive.
    • Having a majority of their subscriber base say en-masse "No, give us a product first you pricks..." Might actually light a fire under Blizzard's arse towards getting BfA out the door quicker and not taking us for granted.
    • It'll finally send a message to Blizzard after 5 expansions in a row that 10+ months of sweet fuck-all to do after the last raid tier just isn't good enough for a live game with a subscription model.

We don't pre-order new films 10 months out. We read the reviews, see the trailers, make an educated decision and hand over our money at the box office on the day we see it. The video game industry has it far too good skating by on promises. In any other industry you work to deliver something before you get paid.

Basically, I'd recommend waiting. We need to restructure the power dynamic between consumers and game publishers. A large element of that is not paying for products until we can actually purchase the product. Don't buy BfA yet folks.
    Do u actually believe blizzard is purposefully making us wait 10+ months after the last raid? Regardless if ppl preorder or not, it's always their best interest to get the game out as quickly as possible. Players unsubscribbing is worse than ppl not preordering, getting ppl to preorder is more about keeping them subbed than actually buying the game. If u really want to stick it to them, unsubscribe.

We get allied races with it and everything that was already datamined looks pretty awesome so far they earned my digital deluxe purchase.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I got a boost to skip leveling my warrior and three new alts for the elves/draenei. I see no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No, because you can read reviews before you buy it, just like people should be doing before they buy this, by watching how the beta progresses and then deciding if they should buy or not.
    I plan on buying regardless, the lowest woe has ever felt was WOD,and even that was worth the time I got out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worry about yourself. I'll do whatever the fuck I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have bought it eventually at almost 100% certainty anyway, so I don't see a reason not to enjoy some of the features that it unlocks now.

Pre-ordering is a dirty practice where I don't see myself paying for something that isn't even finished. I haven't pre-ordered BFA, but not for the same reasons why I don't do it with most other games where they end up being poor or rushed. The allied races, mounts and pets simply don't interest me enough so I'm free to keep an eye on the actual development process to see what it is worth. I wanted to like the allied races more, but from what I've seen of them they look extremely underwhelming and I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard deliberately rushed them as a pre-order bonus just to make the sales look better.