Poll: Would you like to see Mak'aru in BfA?

Makrura underground kingdom of Mak'aru in the Great Sea?

With a strong chance we might see N'Zoth this expansion and it being confirmed we'll finally deal with Azshara and her Naga before the expansions end, how much would you like to see a sprawling underground cavern network of coral reef structures to represent the Makrura empire with the capital city of Mak'aru being an end-game dungeon/raid?

Perhaps we'll find out that the Makrura were the ancient Aqir remnants hiding in the non-collapsed portions of the Azj'Aqir Empire near Zandalar that got sucked down under the Great Sea during The Sundering. Afterwards, they were soon blessed with hyper-evolved bodies able to withstand the crushing pressure of the Great Sea thanks to N'Zoth (very similar to the Naga), and have worshiped the God of the Deep ever since. Their buildings would look very similar to the animated Silithid hive structures, but made out of coral reef instead.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27aru

Just some rough concepts of how I envision it looking. What do you guys think? Would you like this concept to manifest in Battle for Azeroth?
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2018-02-03 at 06:23 PM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Aren't makruras like super dumb ? I doubt they have any kingdom, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Aren't makruras like super dumb ? I doubt they have any kingdom, anywhere.
    Perhaps the Mak'rura we've seen around the world are similar in the Aqir hierarchy as the Silithid are to the Qiraji. Perhaps there is a smarter, more powerful Mak'rura upper class that barely ventures outside of Mak'aru. That's my hope, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still creeped out that it's a crab that's marked as 'humanoid'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Pretty cool concepts there.

I mean they kinda have tentacl-ey faces. And tbh N'zoth having the theme of "claws" where C'thun had "eyes", Yogg had "mouths" and Ysaraj had "heads" makes thematic sense tbh.

It'd also make sense for N'zoth's boss fight involve something to do with lungs, since C'thun had "stomach", Yogg had "brain" and Ysaraj had "heart".
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably be used more as second class citizens allied with the Naga.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm still creeped out that it's a crab that's marked as 'humanoid'
    Humanoid crab that is being thrown alive to a boiling pot by goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They'll probably be used more as second class citizens allied with the Naga.
    I actually theorized that the Naga and Mak'rura have been engaged in a proxy war for the past 10,000 years, which is why the Naga haven't launched a full scale invasion of the surface yet. It wouldn't be the first time that servants of the Old Gods battled with each other for dominance and favor of their dark overlords.

Look like crab, taste like people.