Poll: Would you like to see Guild Banks implemented

Thread: Guild Banks

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guild Banks

There has been a very large discussion over on the official classic forums about the possible implementations of guild banks

you can read PT2 herehttps://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...0946372?page=1

What do you think?

despite the fact that Gbanks were not implemented until BC, they were heavily fought for even during vanilla.

they also help to deter corruption in guilds by providing logs of who takes items from the Gbank.

5+ Year Old Account
    That is a feature that I would be in favour of. It has no effect on gameplay and helps combat those shady "guild masters" who ended selling all the guild stuff at the AH on a lvl 5 alt.

I could see it being polled. It's not quite up there with summoning stones for me of "it will be a nightmare to live without this" but it was implemented for very good reasons with no real downsides that I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ya i wanted to make a pull here to get an idea. I thought of making a straw poll but im not sure how good that is at restricting people to casting 1 vote. I know any goon can make 1000 accounts here with 1000 emails but i just imagine that taking more effort than voting multiple times on a google doc or strawpoll

One of the rare changes I'd readily vote for. I see nothing being gained from running bank alts vs. guild banks. And the positives, as stated, would be massive.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the VERY FEW changes I would be okay with. And I consider myself to be a vanilla purist-zealot.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

for the people saying no.

why dont you want guild banks? is it because of "slipper slope" or do you have a more valid argument?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    for the people saying no.

why dont you want guild banks? is it because of "slipper slope" or do you have a more valid argument?
    You want vanilla you should get vanilla in all its glory. getting various things from other expansions is creating a slippery slope and moving the vanilla project away from vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I could see it being polled. It's not quite up there with summoning stones for me of "it will be a nightmare to live without this" but it was implemented for very good reasons with no real downsides that I can think of.
    The implementation of G-Banks was the birth hour of a myriad of 1-man-guilds, just because many players like having their private, additional storage. With the limited storage of classic to begin with this issue would be even worse. Imho, it was the beginning of the end of the in-game community, because it gave players tangible in-game benefits for not taking part in social gameplay.

While I think the addition of guild banks to WoW was a great change I dont think that I would want to see them added. I dont believe they are necessary and would rather that Classic be as close to vanilla as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The implementation of G-Banks was the birth hour of a myriad of 1-man-guilds, just because many players like having their private, additional storage. With the limited storage of classic to begin with this issue would be even worse. Imho, it was the beginning of the end of the in-game community, because it gave players tangible in-game benefits for not taking part in social gameplay.
    Aye, not to mention every bank alt would have their own additional bank space for the low cost of a guild charter and the annoyance of 10 other people trying to use the AH.

Which negated needing to buy bank slots all-together.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That is a feature that I would be in favour of. It has no effect on gameplay and helps combat those shady "guild masters" who ended selling all the guild stuff at the AH on a lvl 5 alt.
    I can't say it necessarily prevented any shady guild leaders. If anything it made it easier than ever possible for aspiring guildies to "donote" to a guild. Then (possibly) seeing all their work given to one of the GM's friends because he/she needed it. Or if the guild evaporated, the guild bank became a freebie for the GM when he converted his character into an inactive alt, etc.

Being shady was never easier, thanks to guild banks :P

EDIT: oh yeah, I also forgot all those GM's who would empty the bank when it got full, promising the items were being kept elsewhere until later. The items were never seen again, but the Guild MOTD still would remind everyone to donate, donate, donate so we can progress. Lies.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-01-30 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I'll admit I'm guilty, my bank alt has a guild with like 4 tabs that I got for free off somebody after it disbanded. But how else am I supposed to hold onto my lifetime supply of Reflecting Prisms? Those things don't stack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

can guild masters and officers still steal from a guild bank? of course they can.. is it EASIER to steal from a bank than officer bank alts without people finding out? hell no

how many people will seriously create a good enough guild to horde good mats. then try to dissolve it solely to keep the bank. maybe like.. 1 person.

the mischief of a bank is significantly lower than the mischief of officer bank alts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    can guild masters and officers still steal from a guild bank? of course they can.. is it EASIER to steal from a bank than officer bank alts without people finding out? hell no

how many people will seriously create a good enough guild to horde good mats. then try to dissolve it solely to keep the bank. maybe like.. 1 person.

the mischief of a bank is significantly lower than the mischief of officer bank alts.
    Opportunity creates the theif. A guild may be stable and super successful, clearing BWL and AQ40 and yet disband for some reason before reaching Naxx, and putting the holder of the G-bank account in a position where he can steal expensive materials attained from guild raids such as Dark Iron, Lava/Fiery cores, Elementium ores (or GOD FORBID elementium BARS). We're talking about thousands, maybe tens of thousands gold worth of materials.

It often depends on the circumstances of the disband.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Opportunity creates the theif. A guild may be stable and super successful, clearing BWL and AQ40 and yet disband for some reason before reaching Naxx, and putting the holder of the G-bank account in a position where he can steal expensive materials attained from guild raids such as Dark Iron, Lava/Fiery cores, Elementium ores (or GOD FORBID elementium BARS). We're talking about thousands, maybe tens of thousands gold worth of materials.

It often depends on the circumstances of the disband.
    dude.. the EXACT same thing happens with bank alts... the EXACT SAME THING

except.. with bank alts it happens WAY MORE OFTEN. because there is no way to accurately track the movement of items 100% of the time

like i said.. will it still happen with guild banks? yes.. will it happens as often. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Another changes thread...

And same answer every time. Was it in the original game? If not, then no, we don't want it here, regardless how good of an idea it is.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    if it was not in vanilla, then it should not be in classic.
    First it starts with a few little things, like guild banks, mounts at 20, you know simple QOL stuff.
    Next thing you know we have BOA's, Horde Paladins, Alliance Shamans, and an experience that is NOTHING like what classic is meant to provide.

I want to play classic again, but I want it how it was flaws and all. If this means I have to put up with shady dealing Guild masters, Running on foot to dungeons, no LFD, Hours of "/2:<Trade> <Sigma>:LF Tank/Healer Scholo" then so be it. Vanilla/Classic should be as close to the original that they are indistinguishable from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if it was not in vanilla, then it should not be in classic.
    First it starts with a few little things, like guild banks, mounts at 20, you know simple QOL stuff.
    Next thing you know we have BOA's, Horde Paladins, Alliance Shamans, and an experience that is NOTHING like what classic is meant to provide.

I want to play classic again, but I want it how it was flaws and all. If this means I have to put up with shady dealing Guild masters, Running on foot to dungeons, no LFD, Hours of "/2:<Trade> <Sigma>:LF Tank/Healer Scholo" then so be it. Vanilla/Classic should be as close to the original that they are indistinguishable from each other.
    Afaik no one has said that WoW Classic will be vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Another changes thread...

And same answer every time. Was it in the original game? If not, then no, we don't want it here, regardless how good of an idea it is.
    You don't. I do. The majority of those answering the poll do. That justifies asking the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla isn't for everyone. If you don't like the game don't play the game, simple as that. All the mechanics in Vanilla is what differentiates it from other expansions and make it a unique game.