Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Cop kills dog; forces owner to behead it

A pair of Georgia cops killed a family’s dog and forced them to saw off the beloved pooch’s head with a knife or face arrest, a bizarre new lawsuit claims.

Joe Goodwin and wife Tosha Dacon say Crawford County sheriff’s deputy James Hollis got an itchy trigger finger and blasted their 2-year-old pet Big Boy when the deputy was on a routine call at their house on Dec. 1 — then fellow deputy Wesley Andrew Neesmith made them behead the pet, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

“Under extreme emotional duress and distress, and under threat of incarceration and physical harm, Plaintiff Goodwin was forced to decapitate the dog with a knife,” a lawsuit the couple filed states.

The poor man had trouble finishing the grim task and wife Dacon had to help him, the suit claims.

Rabies tests can only be done via brain autopsy, and the cops say they wanted the head so it could be delivered to the health department.

Sheriff Lewis Walker, who is also named in the suit, argues his officers told Goodwin he could hire someone to do the deed, but Goodwin told the Journal-Constitution that he could not afford a professional and that he complied with the officer’s request to decapitate the pooch because he feared he’d be shot otherwise.

Goodwin claims he lost his job as a result of the “great physical and mental pain and suffering” and is suing Hollis, Neesmith, Walker and the county for $75,000.

Hollis was placed on paid leave amid an investigation, according to the Journal-Constitution.
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/cops-k...share=facebook

I can't believe there isn't a less gruesome way to test a dead dog for rabies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we had a thread about this a while back. The officer didn't follow procedure and I think the lab was supposed to come and collect the animal as is.

The couple should have used a little common sense and told the officers to handle it themselves, and dared the officers to arrest them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The couple should have used a little common sense and told the officers to handle it themselves, and dared the officers to arrest them.
    I can only imagine.

Owners get arrested / shot for noncompliance. Crazy posters blame citizens for not obeying officers every command.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    I can only imagine.

Owners get arrested / shot for noncompliance. Crazy posters blame citizens for not obeying officers every command.
    Show me where cops are allowed to shoot for noncompliance in such a situation.

The same place it says cops are allowed to shoot because a citizen runs. And the same place it says that the citizens had to saw off the dogs head or be arrested. Yet we still see posters saying it's justified because people did not obey the police.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-01-31 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's pretty insane that people have to be worried about cops shooting their pets every time they enter a house.
    They came into my house once and they loved my dog, they could also clearly smell the weed off of me and saw the bong on the table but didn't say shit.

The same place it says cops are allowed to shoot because a citizen runs. Yet we still see posters blaming the person being shot.
    Still waiting for you to show me a law that states once can be shot for refusing to chop a dog's head off.

They are also not allowed allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect if they are unarmed and non-dangerous, and not suspected of committing a felony.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2018-01-31 at 08:31 PM.

I would have killed the two of them, self-defense situation, plus, if someone killed my pet, the world wouldn't be large enough to run from me.

Joke aside, it seems like a blatant violation of many rules by the cops, if this case is true.
    Last edited by Uncle; 2018-01-31 at 08:33 PM.

There is no excuse for this, and the officer (Hollis) should never have any position of authority, again. Fuck that guy.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/14/ge...decapitate-his

https://www.snopes.com/georgia-police-dog-head/

Imagine being such a beta that after a cop kills your pet you would actually personally cut its head off if the cop told you to.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Imagine being such a beta that after a cop kills your pet you would actually cut its head off if the cop told you to.
    The fear of death is a powerful thing. In this case, there was a man with a gun telling him to do something, or else...

Still waiting for you to show me a law that states once can be shot for refusing to chop a dog's head off.

They are also not allowed allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect if they are unarmed and non-dangerous, and not suspected of committing a felony.
    I know that. I guess it was a failed attempt to be sarcastic / funny...

Show me where cops are allowed to demand you decapitate a family pet or you will be arrested.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The fear of death is a powerful thing. In this case, there was a man with a gun telling him to do something, or else...
    That doesn't change anything about what I said. Being THAT cowardly and THAT stupid is extremely beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    With all those stories about cops fucking up? Can't blame somebody for being scared of cops.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Show me where cops are allowed to demand you decapitate a family pet or you will be arrested.
    Um, that was exactly my point.

Um, that was exactly my point.
    I think his point is that what cops are allowed to do and what actually happens may differ. A cop may not be allowed by law to shoot you in certain situations but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Imagine using the term "Beta" on an MMORPG forum and not referring to a video game.

What a time to be alive.
    Imagine being so insecure that you get offended by commonly used buzzwords in a topic/forum subsection that has nothing to do with video games.

What a time to be this new to the internet.

I think his point is that what cops are allowed to do and what they may actually do are two different things.
    And? It does not change the fact that they could have simply said no.