Hunter- Allied Races

Hey,
    my hunter has the flaw of being a panda.
    I want to switch to the new races but don’t know which.
    I unlocked the light borne Draenai but am 10000 rep away for Argussian Reach (void elves).

Which one would you choose ? My biggest objective is doing for damage.
    Is the AOE racial of the new Draenai or the one from the void elves better?

Both will not contribute to a huge or massive, not even good, dps increase.

If i were you, i'd go Human, the racial trait is just so damn good.

Void Elf is the best for hunter.

https://puu.sh/yxSbL/5abab83ef3.png

Humans have one of the best DPS racials and the rep bonus and stun break are also great.

The Void Elf blink racial is utter crap. The 5% damage buff is basically like the orc ability but it's a random proc rather than on use. Can't see it being better than Orc.

At the end of the day the DPS difference between the best and worse racials is just over 1%. (and in the case of the active ones like Troll Berserking, that's if you're getting the most out of it). Not really worth worrying about.

My advice would be to choose the *utility* racial you like the most rather than worrying about tiny differences in DPS. Blood Elf is a no brainer if you do M+ and are horde. Alliance utility racials are not as good. Worgen is probably the most useful of all the utility racials as a whole. Having an extra sprint is useful in so many situations in both world content and raiding.

Hey,
    thx for the responses. the new racials are nto included in the picture, but from what I gather teh void elves in 5% for 12 seconds with a 60sec cooldown. that comes out at the 1% increase. If you line up cooldowns that percentage could increase to 1.1-1.5% (guessing), so that's not too bad.
    I'm Alliance and would love to play Horde but switching all chars over would be too expensive.
    Maybe human is still better but I want to play something more new and appealing.

Honestly, VEs are fun; however, Worgen 1% crit is probably a better dps increase. Things to consider: you can't control the proc. As an example, on a fight like Imonar if it procs just before the bridge then you have a wasted proc. You can't always line CDs up with it, so again it is not as strong as you think.
    The spatial rift ability is fun, but it's extremely slow. For those that don't know, you use the ability and then a slow moving purple cloud starts traveling from your location. This moves so slow you can keep pace while running normally. Where it ends just comes down to when you press the ability again. It's not an instant teleport. The main appeal is juking melee in PVP, as you can activate it, run any direction away from it while they follow you, and then deactivate but it to appear further away.
    The racials aren't as OP as people have complained about.
    Still, very fun race.

Entropic Embrace procs on pull and the shadowfrost damage part does another 1% total damage on a 5 min Patchwerk. It's insane. The Spatial Rift is also actually incredible once you get good at it. It's like a blink with a skillcap.

Exclamation

Just have rolled my draenai hunter to void elf.

+
    Very good visual (humans and pandas are fat, NE are ugly, draenei don't have feet, gnomes and dwarfs are small).

-
    Less hp.

VE blink is almost useless at pve.
    Super slow, on gcd, easy to fail.

Sometimes VE roll around when he jumps so I usually fck up with forward disengage.

So I hardly think about revert.

Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    Entropic Embrace procs on pull and the shadowfrost damage part does another 1% total damage on a 5 min Patchwerk. It's insane. The Spatial Rift is also actually incredible once you get good at it. It's like a blink with a skillcap.
    Blink on a 3 minute cooldown isn't that incredible if you ask me. Would rather have goblin rocket jump or even just worgen sprint any day.

Keep in mind that if you're BM, the Void Elf racial does not buff any of your pets or guardians damage, making it pretty terrible

it isnt a blink, its a neat tool that you can use to cheese some mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    it isnt a blink, its a neat tool that you can use to cheese some mechanics...
    So is blink. And goblin rocket jump. But for some reason Spatial rift has a cooldown double that of Goblin rocket jump.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-02 at 05:10 AM.

Racials only go so far...go with what you want to LOOK at for the next xx months or years as you play your hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So is blink. And goblin rocket jump. But for some reason Spatial rift has a cooldown double that of Goblin rocket jump.
    you can set it up on a roof or a ledge in pvp, fall down and juke opponents. its kind of good in that regard.

Void Elf is the best for hunter.
    Not really.
    Last edited by nToxik; 2018-02-02 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Not really.
    Yeah well I'm cute and have half priced xmog!

Except it doesn't always proc on pull. Yes, it's awesome when it does, but I actually had multiple pulls on Vari last night where it didn't proc until after my CDs were done.
    Maybe it has to do with a 1 minute ICD and doesn't reset on a wipe, but even factoring that, I think it's just one of those things that can proc on pull and every minute, but not always guaranteed. It's great when it lines up with CDs though.