Boosted to 80, to do list

So I boosted a toon from 30 to 80, and there is so much to do. I need to unlock Mirage on Mesmer and do personal story but since I don't really know a lot about the game I don't know what to do next and I really like being as efficient as possible in all things that I do.

So if you had a toon that hit 80 what would be the first things that you should do? I hope to get to raiding eventually with my new guild, what should I be doing?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to unlock Mirage then go to the the HoT and PoF areas to bust out some HPs (hero points. You dont do it on the core Tyria maps but those only give 1 point vs the HoT/PoF maps 10. PoF HPs are a lot more accessible than HoTs. Also unlock your glider and mount by doing the first missions of HoT and PoF respectively.

If you want to get into raiding you need to learn your class and start working on a build. Since you want to play Mirage you'll need a Viper set. A good way to learn your class and gear up your toon at the same time is to progress through fractals. Completing the fractal dailies give you tokens that you can eventually trade for ascended gear.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If you want to unlock Mirage then go to the the HoT and PoF areas to bust out some HPs (hero points. You dont do it on the core Tyria maps but those only give 1 point vs the HoT/PoF maps 10. PoF HPs are a lot more accessible than HoTs. Also unlock your glider and mount by doing the first missions of HoT and PoF respectively.

If you want to get into raiding you need to learn your class and start working on a build. Since you want to play Mirage you'll need a Viper set. A good way to learn your class and gear up your toon at the same time is to progress through fractals. Completing the fractal dailies give you tokens that you can eventually trade for ascended gear.

I don't see the first mission for Pof and I don't know where to go for the HoT one, I just boosted and it put me in that desert zone.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't see the first mission for Pof and I don't know where to go for the HoT one, I just boosted and it put me in that desert zone.
    Should be able to start them from your story journal right under your personal story quests in the character menu.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Use...ar_a_Character

good gearing guide

ascended isn't mandatory for anything except high end fractals (endless dungeons) and should be a long term goal. Exotics is fine for everything. Viper though gets a little complicated to get, especially since you're new. I would pick a different set if you're going conditions like sinister or just go berserker. You also get stat picking rewards via the story sometimes.

Your main focus after unlocking mirage though is the story's. They will unlock maps for you and content and rewards. Don't rush intro raiding, that's only one part of the game. The bulk content of the game is exploration maps.
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-01 at 02:30 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I’m not planning to rush into raiding but I’ve joined a guild which has a raid night and a noob raid training night and I intend to eventually get in on that.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-02-02 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a guild member that made his viper set in like 30 min. I dont know, must have been sitting on armor boxes that he could stat swap but he did.

Forgot to add that you need to max out tailoring and weaponsmithing (or whatever crafting profession that matches your weapons) and use your ascended crafting cooldowns every day. We linked alternative ways to get ascended gear but crafting is always the safe fallback option. By the time youre comfortable with making an ascended set youll have a decent stockpile of mats. You dont need ascended gear to raid, raids are designed for exotic gear and knowing your class enough to pump out good dps.

You could get away with stepping Wing 1 boss 1, W3B1, and W4B1
    fights just to preview raids in GW2. W3B1 more an event than a boss fight, W4B1s enrage doesnt mean youll wipe (people have solod the boss but it takes a very long time), W1B1 has a hard enrage but its dps requirement is forgiving and teaches your basics of GW2 raiding.