Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Obliterate and Frost Strike currently 'require' two one-handed weapons to use, so allowing Frost to return to 2h would have to be a conscious design decision on Blizzard's part rather than a measure of player agency. I doubt they will do that for the same reason they took it away: because they don't want to have to balance two versions of the same spec - it's just more balance work.

That said, I prefer the 2h days greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Just implement a glyph that allows a 2h visual; everything else stays the same. Such an easy fix.
    Yeah that will never ever happen. Don't think I'd want it anyway. Already bothers me you can mog swords into maces, etc
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-02-04 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally much prefer playing 2h Frost, but I understand the issues that arose with it. I hope Blizzard add it back (I prefer 2h Frost over Unholy, but I prefer Unholy over DW Frost), but I won't be holding my breath while I wait.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

I think that the big downside of DW in Frost spec. is putting our weapons at the waist ... It would be much better to put them on the back of our DK. In many cases, the weapon is half the size of our character, which looks comical.

Frost Death Knights are (according to Blizzard's class fantasy) supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts. Dual wielding and high attack speed does in my opinion not really fit this description.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Frost Death Knights are (according to Blizzard's class fantasy) supposed to be these slow, hard hitting juggernauts. Dual wielding and high attack speed does in my opinion not really fit this description.
    I agree, I would rather all 3 specs be 2-handed, the Glyph idea is a great compromise, I read something where one of the developers mentioned that potentially Survival may be getting an option to use a bow or 2-hander, I wish I could find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I agree, I would rather all 3 specs be 2-handed, the Glyph idea is a great compromise, I read something where one of the developers mentioned that potentially Survival may be getting an option to use a bow or 2-hander, I wish I could find it.
    It was in the Q&A on the 31st.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

i hope they go back to 2h

frost feels so lame now with little 1h swords i hate it. i want to look like arthas not some plate rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Veiru View Post
    I think that the big downside of DW in Frost spec. is putting our weapons at the waist ... It would be much better to put them on the back of our DK. In many cases, the weapon is half the size of our character, which looks comical.
    To add salt in the Wound, Fire mages in Legion equip Sword that are almost the size of the user.While we use Daggers.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I hope so. I think this restriction existed just because ONE artifact/spec and this will apply to all specs afected by this (WW, fury, survival).

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    To add salt in the Wound, Fire mages in Legion equip Sword that are almost the size of the user.While we use Daggers.
    Well the hidden appearance is pretty big, one of the bigger 1h models. I'm more upset that we can't chose to sheath on the hips or back as desired. It looks really silly having massive 1handers hanging off the characters hips and sometimes clipping the ground.

Well the hidden appearance is pretty big, one of the bigger 1h models. I'm more upset that we can't chose to sheath on the hips or back as desired. It looks really silly having massive 1handers hanging off the characters hips and sometimes clipping the ground.
    Indeed.But i was mentioning the rest, a Fire mage sword is half of the size of the user, the Normal,Classorderhall,Balance of power,Pvp and Artifac challenge of the frost Dk are 1/3 of the Dk size if not less, which looks bad sheathed in the hips and silly when hitting.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

unholy always should have been the DW, part mage/summoner type DK to begin with with Frost being the big 2h beast that tend toward the physical end of things.
    not sure why it was ever broken down to what it is now.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Since Artifacts will be removed, do you think Frost DKs can now feel like Arthas again in BfA?

I totally can see why players would like dual wield more, but I just prefer the big twohand sword.
    I always preferred DW more personally...

There are a lot of unanswered questions surrounding our weapons.

DHs for example. Both tank weapons, and dps weapons are classified as warglaives... will they be transmoggable as either or in BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Yeah that will never ever happen. Don't think I'd want it anyway. Already bothers me you can mog swords into maces, etc
    Seriously?! In what way would allowing people to chose a glyph affect you in any way?! You wouldn't have to use it if you don't want to.

Seriously?! In what way would allowing people to chose a glyph affect you in any way?! You wouldn't have to use it if you don't want to.
    Don't like it from a design perspective at all. Transmog glamers your gear's appearance - it shouldn't drastically change your weapon type or what your fighting style looks like. I like the restrictions they have in place, although I would be stricter about their limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    although I would be stricter about their limitations.
    The only restriction i see apply is for daggers and FW, which are arbitrary and pointless.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It always feels weird to me that I'm "Obliterating" something with two wet noodle-fish-sword-dagger-thingies and not some gigantic sword twice as big as I am.