Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Draenei Shamans did not exist prior to their contact with the Orcs. The Draenei in the Army of the Light never met any Orcs until the Argus campaign.
    and tauren paladins/priests make no sense at all because if anything tauren are connected to nature, not the light - still they are here - we have a high amount of stupid class/race combos allready - in the end you can tailor lore for everything or just acceot that in some cases playability is more imprtant than lore

Quote Originally Posted by Fyla View Post
    and tauren paladins/priests make no sense at all because if anything tauren are connected to nature, not the light - still they are here - we have a high amount of stupid class/race combos allready - in the end you can tailor lore for everything or just acceot that in some cases playability is more imprtant than lore
    are you being intentionally daft? jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    are you being intentionally daft? jesus.
    He is right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    A warlock isn't dead? A warlocks body is essentially the same as a rogues or warriors as far as we know - Death Knights and Demon Hunters are vastly different.
    Void doesn't clash with necromantic magic. In fact, we've seen undead via void magic, before.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Eh, just make it a new class. Call it... Edgelord.

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean via race change that doesn't happen in world. In world, your VE never was a BE. There's no in-world mechanism for changing race so your VE has always been a VE.
    A void elf wasn't always a void elf. You aren't born that. It's practically a class more than it is a race. Some were high elves, and some were blood elves, before the accident happened at the rift, and changed them. Others, as seen in the rift, go there to train and become void elves. (At least I think so. I will need to visit again. I swear I saw blood elves and high elves in some training area. Noted by their eyes.)

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who's mained a DK since Cata, I'm in favour of not letting every new race be DKs. Heck, I'm even against a couple of races that are already available as DKs(*Cough* midgets *Cough*).

As for the argument that the Ebon Blade is raising more knights now- that's something they began doing solely due to the Legion invasion. With the Legion defeated, they have no reason to exert their power that much. Deathwing wasn't a good enough reason, Garrosh wasn't a good enough reason, the Iron Horde wasn't a good enough reason- at this point, I doubt they'll raise any more Death Knights unless we come to face a force that rivals the Burning Legion.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like that some things make sense and follow the current lore. That, to me, is what keeps the game special.
    Highmountains should never experience Cata or TBC, yet they will, Void Elves had never chance to visit alternative Dreanor but they will have to, it does make literally zero sense that as Nightborne character you will be liberating Suramar, so they can join horde later but it is happening right now but for some reason, it is okay to remove interesting race/class combos, which are even lore friendly just because first DK experience, just few levels, are not perfectly tailored for new races?

That's stupid excuse with everything else happening in the game. They made gameplay >>>> story/lore long time ago, they shouldn't hang on lore/story where it hurts gameplay, arguably, the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Zandalari could potentially be Death Knights since they had small tribes in Northrend. Not sure about Dark Irons because they joined the Alliance in Cata don't know if they were in No rthrend when Arthas raised Death Knights.
    Dark Iron dwarf have been around since vanilla.. I remember getting Rep with them.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

You must have missed the part where I said “some things”.
    And this is one of these..because? How like 30 minute tutorial matters in bigger picture with everything else happening already in wow?

7+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to classes, DKs are a bit special in the current story of WoW, because there are not new DKs in the stories, all the DKs in the story existed before the beginning of Wrath.

This is pretty much why none of the new sub-races, plus the pandas, are not DKs, because they were not around and that point. For these new races to work as DKs. Blizz would have to change the entire DK starting zone and since it is a love project within Blizz dev department, i would be greatly surprised if that became the case.

When it comes to other classes for the sub-races, there are good arguments for not having alot of the classes interegrated within the sub-racces, like the lightforged not being shamans, because they are not part of the draenei group, who got taught by the broken to be shamans. This is the same reason, why there are not dreanei shamsn on Dranor....... But ofcourse, there are also classes, which could easily be implemented into the new sub-races, yet i guess Blizz wants some classes to be played by original races, in case everybody wants to switch to the sub-races.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You don’t have to agree, which is fine, but I’m not looking to argue about this. It’s just one opinion that doesn’t influence Blizzards’ decisions.
    This is discussion forum buddy, I know it has very little if any effect on Blizzard's decision, but honestly I would like to know your argument why you think it is good decision. We can disagree without going for each other throat.

isnt it the best thing that could happen to you?
    You dont have to waste your time doing shitty quest or you save money for useless race change!
    you win!

While I agree that the DK starting area would be problematic, you also have to agree that there's NO flow to the leveling system anymore, lorewise.

Even normal characters start in Cataclysm content, then "travel back in time" to TBC and Wrath.
    The old world revamp really kicked consistent lore in the balls.

In the class hall chain quest, we were able to raise fallen heroes and turn them into death knights. I don't see a reason why they could not make a seperate starting zone for all the new races. Hell, maybe they can even use Bolvar in the quest chain.

Just imagine the glory of being a Pandaren death knight!

DK's don't get new races because of Lore, and also because many of us argues from the very start that too many races had access to them. Blizzard went through this really weird phase during Wrath and Cata (and I'm going to pin a lot of this on Jeff Kaplan), where they really didn't seem to care about restrictions at all. Night Elf Mages fundamentally undermine their entire culture, and Tauren Paladins still don't make a lick of sense. A lot of fans were passed off that Death Knight were restricted to Humans, Dwarves, Undead, and Blood Elves. And of course, Worgen and Goblins could become Death Knight, for some stupid reason.

Personally, I think Blizzard is right to lock down Death Knights and Demon Hunters (although I would certainly consider another race or two for Demon Hunters, as they are awfully restrictive). I wish they had taken that aspect more seriously back in the day.

I can already tell by your responses that you’re agitated and frustrated with my view, and I’m just not wanting to engage. Sorry.
    You are horrible in assuming buddy. But whatever. It's like you have problem with arguments or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    You are horrible in assuming buddy. But whatever. It's like you have problem with arguments or something.
    Dude, I dunno bout that guy's problems, but you obviously have a problem with not knowing when to let go. Wtf gives man? The guy told you he don't want to discuss jack with you? Why do you have to keep pushing him?

Quote Originally Posted by GGrim View Post
    Dude, I dunno bout that guy's problems, but you obviously have a problem with not knowing when to let go. Wtf gives man? The guy told you he don't want to discuss jack with you? Why do you have to keep pushing him?
    Tell your son, he is on discussed forum. He assumed something and he was wrong. If he don't want to discuss something, you could, you know, not discuss it anymore. He engaged in some pointless assumptions and avoiding the only point I asked in the process. Not only was his post not necessary, he had to make clear "you are angry kid and I am the smart one so I won't answer your question". Feel free to make some another butthurt post of course. But don't pretend "This is my morale high ground, I don't care what you think ". If you have nothing to add, just don't comment anymore.

Deleted
    Tell your son, he is on discussed forum. He assumed something and he was wrong. If he don't want to discuss something, you could, you know, not discuss it anymore. He engaged in some pointless assumptions and avoiding the only point I asked in the process. Not only was his post not necessary, he had to make clear "you are angry kid and I am the smart one so I won't answer your question". Feel free to make some another butthurt post of course. But don't pretend "This is my morale high ground, I don't care what you think ". If you have nothing to add, just don't comment anymore.
    He's not my son, or anybody I know. But his opinion is his opinion. The choice to provide arguments for his opinion (despite it being bad/good to you) is entirely up to him. If he doesn't want to put up with you, he won't put up with you. Simple as that. You want to have dicussion because you're on a discussion forum? Sure brother, go have discussion with somebody who wants to discuss something with you. Clearly this guy didn't want to have anything to do with you, but you kept pushing him regardless.

The fact you took his step backwards as him calling you an "angry kid" to me personally means that you are one. That's my honest opinion brother.

He is right though.
    He's not. Not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    While I agree that the DK starting area would be problematic, you also have to agree that there's NO flow to the leveling system anymore, lorewise.

Even normal characters start in Cataclysm content, then "travel back in time" to TBC and Wrath.
    The old world revamp really kicked consistent lore in the balls.
    What? Outland/Northrend campaigns were always in a time bubble. Leveling revamp didn't change this.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They probably want even start for all classes to level for Heritage armor. I know this sound ridiculous, but just imagine reaction of our beloved community if you could earn this armor on DK, you would hear 1000 times that "we are FORCED to play DKs".

I think they should just exclude DK from Heritage system and let us play hero class when it fits them. I don't think we have many room with DHs, but I can see Zandalari or Dark Iron as DK.