Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not tropical but warm and sunny : Greece. Peloponnese, not the islands. Too many tourists.

It's super cheap, the food is insane and beaches aren't crowded.

Jamaica is very nice. They treat the tourists very well there.
    You can go there practically anytime of the year.

Peace

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50724 <3

Pictures look amazing!
    If you go to Belize, stay on the resort. Belize also has a high crime rate. Maybe not as bad as Jamaica. But bad enough. Cancun is suppose to be nice. But there also, do not leave the resort area. I would think Hawaii would be the safest. But it is so damn expensive there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you go to Belize, stay on the resort. Belize also has a high crime rate. Maybe not as bad as Jamaica. But bad enough. Cancun is suppose to be nice. But there also, do not leave the resort area. I would think Hawaii would be the safest. But it is so damn expensive there.
    If safety is a concern, go to Bali. I have been to Bali more than 10 times, my first visit was in 1977 as a 14 year old with my family. Then again in 1980 on a motorcycle trip with my then high school girlfriend. Since then I have returned many times for honeymoon, with my family, my children have been visiting since they were toddlers! We own a villa outside of Ubud. My daughter is a partner in a boutique hotel north of Ubud (close to the foothill of Mt. Agung).

The chances of getting caught up in some kind of terrorist type of incident is very unlikely in Bali. Crime is limited to pickpocket. Violent crime is super rare. Abduction is unknown. Being involved in a scooter accident, should you decide to drive a shooter while in Bali, would be one of the more riskier activities for a non Balinese to partake in.

Just don’t drink water directly from the faucet. Always boil first or drink bottled water. Also, like any other tropical locations, make sure you have plenty of mosquito repellant.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time of year again and I'm craving sand and sunshine. Usually I just wistfully look at airfare and fantasize about the beach and drinking out of a coconut but I made a promise to myself to start traveling more and therefore am actually looking to book something. Anyone have any good recommendations for tropical (or at least warm and sunny) destinations? Hawaii is on the short list.
    i reccomend you vacation to a nice green pasture.
    the fields of england are nice this time of year.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Kota Kinabalu and the surroundings is quite good in my opinion.

Boracay in the Philippines is quite good too.

Bali could be an option too.

Thanks for all of the recommendations, guys. Any opinions on Costa Rica?
    Pretty and sketchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I really liked St. Thomas or St. Martin over places like Hawaii or Jamaica. They also had some really great scuba spots too if you are into that sort of thing.

Malaysia, more so if you love food.

1. Hawaii
    2. Belize
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don't take one. If you absolutely must, don't overpay to go to Hawaii when Florida is so much cheaper and has Disney World and the like. Great time of year to visit their theme parks as they tend to be less packed due to school being in session.
    I don't have kids and am not into theme parks really. Although I do want to visit the Harry Potter exhibit at Universal Studios...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    1. Hawaii
    2. Belize
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Brazil
    Yeah that list is about on par with the vibe I'm getting in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have kids and am not into theme parks really. Although I do want to visit the Harry Potter exhibit at Universal Studios...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that list is about on par with the vibe I'm getting in this thread.
    what about my reccomendation? if you don't like that there's the jungles of brazil. lots of grass there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time of year again and I'm craving sand and sunshine. Usually I just wistfully look at airfare and fantasize about the beach and drinking out of a coconut but I made a promise to myself to start traveling more and therefore am actually looking to book something. Anyone have any good recommendations for tropical (or at least warm and sunny) destinations? Hawaii is on the short list.
    Need a budget to really make a recommendation.

Maui is the nicest place I've been. I went in April, I highly recommend it. Weather was awesome, water was awesome. I swam with no equipment in the ocean and sea turtles came up to me, could see down 20 feet to the coral and tropical fish. Went to the top of a volcano and was looking down on clouds. That would be my pick. Also you are still in the USA and have all the ease and good that comes with that vs a foreign country.

The Exumas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Need a budget to really make a recommendation.
    I don't really have a budget. 3-4 days, under $3-4k? Just want a short getaway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plenty of more adult things you can do in that part of the world... obviously. And you could do the Potter stuff.
    True. If I went to Florida I think I might want to go to Miami instead, but I don't know too much about each so perhaps Orlando is the better bet.

I want to go to Ireland in the worst way, but as for Tropical Id like to hit the Bahamas, or Jamaica again. I had the most fun in Jamaica, been to Mexico 3 times had fun, but Jamaica was the best.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a budget. 3-4 days, under $3-4k? Just want a short getaway.

- - - Updated - - -

True. If I went to Florida I think I might want to go to Miami instead, but I don't know too much about each so perhaps Orlando is the better bet.
    Under 3 - 4k? for only 3 -4 days? Go to Florida. You will spend a lot less and see all you can in 3- 4 days. There are usually some nice scuba diving trips out of West Palm Beach to the Bahamas if you like that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Under 3 - 4k? for only 3 -4 days? Go to Florida. You will spend a lot less and see all you can in 3- 4 days. There are usually some nice scuba diving trips out of West Palm beach to the Bahamas if you like that sort of thing.
    Honestly my plans are to lay on the beach and nap, maybe do a hike or two. I'm willing to spend more than $3-4k but my vacation plans are pretty low-key and inexpensive. I'm always off running around doing something and have had some long work hours lately so just laying on a beach, drink in hand, and enjoying the views sounds like my idea of a good time right now.